I don't think anyone under 170 except Khabib has a chance against new Conor

New Conor is the same Conor as always (but slower it seemed) you stupid fuck. He just had an opponent that played to his strengths
All opponents start standing so all play to his strengths. Khabib is a top tier grappler few have the ability to hold him down.

Conor takes almost no damage as well and besides him Justin and Dustin are all better than anybody Tony has fought in years and Tony is getting old at 36. Khabib is absolutely number 1 but number two is a little more debatable and I want to see Tony fight all of guys mentioned as Khabib is working his way through that list now.
Yeah, but Conor also has only ever fought two times at lightweight.
When he fought at welterweight, he faced Diaz, who by all means is no top-level fighter, with all due respect, and as mentioned, Cerrone was already pretty shot when Conor faced him.
Other than that, Conor either always outsized his opponents, or they were green (Poirier).

I agree though with Poirier being better than any of Fergusons opponents, with Justin not entirely, although it could be the case.

Yeah, Ferguson isn't exactly young, but so far i did not notice him slowing done and/or getting more prone to damage in his fights, although that probably won't be the case for too long, yeah.

I'd like to see Tony face these guys as well, maybe it'll happen, let's just wait and see.

When he fought at welterweight, he faced Diaz, who by all means is no top-level fighter, with all due respect, and as mentioned, Cerrone was already pretty shot when Conor faced him.
Other than that, Conor either always outsized his opponents, or they were green (Poirier).

I agree though with Poirier being better than any of Fergusons opponents, with Justin not entirely, although it could be the case.

Yeah, Ferguson isn't exactly young, but so far i did not notice him slowing done and/or getting more prone to damage in his fights, although that probably won't be the case for too long, yeah.

I'd like to see Tony face these guys as well, maybe it'll happen, let's just wait and see.
Tony’s last two fights were Cowboy and Pettis and Nate beat both of them plus Michael Johnson so let’s not act like Tony is fighting better guys than Nate any more.
As far as Conor only being 1-1 at LW they were both undisputed world champs which is something that Tony has never done.

They "don't have a chance" because they most likely never get the opportunity. Conor will continue to fight mostly hand-picked opponents with no winning streaks.

Tony’s last two fights were Cowboy and Pettis and Nate beat both of them plus Michael Johnson so let’s not act like Tony is fighting better guys than Nate any more.
As far as Conor only being 1-1 at LW they were both undisputed world champs which is something that Tony has never done.
Nate beat them - yeah. Did Nate Diaz also beat Dos Anjos, Kevin Lee and Edson Barboza?

Yeah, Tony was never the undisputed world-champion, true, he's however a better fighter than Eddie Alvarez and has proven his ability at lightweight over and over again, contrary to Conor.
Not saying that Conor couldn't be a top lightweight, but he seems to avoid the division where he actually belongs in, for some reason.

I think this version of Conor beats up anyone including Usman at any weight class under 170.......Love him or hate him Conor is a super beast! I think Dana should forget about Khabib will derail the Cmac hype train if he ends up fighting Khabib again.

So you base that assumption on him beating washed up perrenial journeyman who was on a 2 fights losing streak?

Ahhh.....
Yes it does.
Well, it depends on the context. Cerrone was already pretty shot when he faced Conor - not just because of a total of 7 KO/TKO losses with two of them being his last two fights before Conor, but also because of the fact that he's had 50 pro fights, with the vast majority of them in the UFC.
As mentioned, i've got lots of respect for Cerrone, but at this point of time he's not a top fighter, neither at welterweight, nor at lightweight.

Well, it depends on the context. Cerrone was already pretty shot when he faced Conor - not just because of a total of 7 KO/TKO losses with two of them being his last two fights before Conor, but also because of the fact that he's had 50 pro fights, with the vast majority of them in the UFC.
As mentioned, i've got lots of respect for Cerrone, but at this point of time he's not a top fighter, neither at welterweight, nor at lightweight.
Cowboy was only stopped in his last fight.
Like Conor was in his last fight.

Cowboys previous fight was stopped by the doctor because Cowboys eye swelled together because of a late, dirty punch thrown by Ferguson.

Cowboy was only stopped in his last fight.
Like Conor was in his last fight.

Cowboys previous fight was stopped by the doctor because Cowboys eye swelled together because of a late, dirty punch thrown by Ferguson.
He's taken lots of damage from Ferguson though and only stopped once sounds a bit funny (no offense man!) when that was a rather recent finish from the arguably hardest puncher at 155.

He's taken lots of damage from Ferguson though and only stopped once sounds a bit funny (no offense man!) when that was a rather recent finish from the arguably hardest puncher at 155.
My point was they were both coming off stoppage losses.

How many did it without Cowboy landing one single blow? That is a school yard beat down not a top 5 fighting a guy from 2 lower weight classes. That shit was impressive!

so impressive everyone and their momma called it weeks before the fight even happened. what is impressive to you isn't impressive to me. Cerrone was just destroyed in his fight before that too. i'm pretty sure RDA wrecked him without getting hit also.

it's not that impressive to smash a guy everyone thought you were going to smash anyway and who has been smashed before. you don't get extra points for not getting hit when the other guy didn't even attempt to throw a strike. it's not like Cerrone was on a 6 fight win streak and on the cusp of a title shot. he was getting beaten left and right.

Let's see how Conor looks against someone who wasn't hand picked for him to destroy before we start the crazy talk.

At WW I think Usman, Woodley, Covington, and wonderboy all beat him. Masvidal and Leon might take him too.

At LW I think Khabib beats him (as we've seen already) and maybe Ferg.

One dominant win over Cowboy, who gets his ass kicked more than he doesn’t these days, and the Conor delusionals come out of the woodwork in droves. Who would have thought?

I agree with you except Conor also wins the Khabib rematch.

He looked good, but it was against Cowboy who goes through stints of looking like complete shit. I thought Conor looked very similar to the way he has when dominant in the past. Added a couple new wrinkles, but his striking accuracy was there. But given the competition and the difficulty he's had with some of his opponents in the past few years, I think it might be a little premature to crown him. Had he done that to a top 5 WW, then it might be different.

First off, you said Diaz is no top level fighter but think about it. Tony beat Pettis and Cowboy in the last 2 years, Nate beat both. Nate also beat MJ that Tony lost too. Nate is absolutely better than anybody Ferg has fought in a while and Ferg never fights a WW where Conor avenged his earlier loss. I for one would much,much rather see Ferg fight Diaz at 170 than anybody he has fought ever.
Second, Tony takes a lot of damage as we have agreed to but he hasn’t been hit by guys like Gaejhe,Dustin and Conor ever.
If he does it may be a completely different story. Khabib is a grappler and a completely different fighter than Tony. Tony is very good but predominantly a striker. Speed is the first thing to go. MJ proved faster than Tony all of these guys are 5 or 6 years younger than Tony. I know Tony’s fan club is full of more (MMA) Math experts than a Mensa Meeting but I don’t want to ]hear Tony beat a guy that beat a guy that beat Dustin I simply want to see if he can do it.

Let's see how Conor looks against someone who wasn't hand picked for him to destroy before we start the crazy talk.

At WW I think Usman, Woodley, Covington, and wonderboy all beat him. Masvidal and Leon might take him too.

At LW I think Khabib beats him (as we've seen already) and maybe Ferg.
I agree with you but...all of those fights sound fun and I believe it hits to fast,accurate and hard for Ferg.

Back