I don't think anyone under 170 except Khabib has a chance against new Conor

They should really just cancel the Khabib Tony fight and make it Conor Khabib. Its what the majority of the fans want, Tony can fight the winner.

Oh hell no! I would much rather see Tony vs Khabib fight!

so impressive everyone and their momma called it weeks before the fight even happened. what is impressive to you isn't impressive to me. Cerrone was just destroyed in his fight before that too. i'm pretty sure RDA wrecked him without getting hit also.

it's not that impressive to smash a guy everyone thought you were going to smash anyway and who has been smashed before. you don't get extra points for not getting hit when the other guy didn't even attempt to throw a strike. it's not like Cerrone was on a 6 fight win streak and on the cusp of a title shot. he was getting beaten left and right.
Cerrone has never been and will never be champ. He is however a class act and a HOF member for holding so many records in the UFC. He had already lost 11 fights when he fought Tony. Nobody implied he was a can when Tony fought him and he isn’t one now. He just fought 3 guys that are ranked higher than him and lost them all. He should be fighting top 10’s like Hooker or Felder but definitely not the murders row of Conor,Gaejhe and Tony. He was beat by 3 guys that would have beat him any time in his career because any one of those 3 have a possibility to be champ and he never did.

Cerrone has never been and will never be champ. He is however a class act and a HOF member for holding so many records in the UFC. He had already lost 11 fights when he fought Tony. Nobody implied he was a can when Tony fought him and he isn’t one now. He just fought 3 guys that are ranked higher than him and lost them all. He should be fighting top 10’s like Hooker or Felder but definitely not the murders row of Conor,Gaejhe and Tony. He was beat by 3 guys that would have beat him any time in his career because any one of those 3 have a possibility to be champ and he never did.

i agree 100%.
what i was implying is that Cerrone was stopped twice in less than a year before fighting Conor. that kind of damage, in my opinion of course, definitely had an affect on Cerrone which is why i do not find it that impressive that Conor beat a guy who i thought was damaged goods and is on a losing streak anyway. for sure he's a top 10 guy, but we're talking about a fight that is earning Conor the title shot. he needs to beat someone who wasn't just crushed twice in less than a year.

that's why i think Cerrone looked the way he looked. fucker had his bell rung how many times in less than 12 months and now he's fighting Conor? a guy who has been fully rested and hasn't taken a bad beating in over a year? it wasn't just a bad match up stylistically for Cowboy, it was a bad matchup timing wise too, cuz like i said, anybody taking the kind of beatings Ferguson and Gaethje dished out on him would've took a year off.

nobody said anything when Tony fought him because Tony beat him when he was on a 3 fight win streak, not a 2 fight losing streak.

btw, i don't think if Cerrone had a year off it would've allowed him to win, i think like you stated, he'd have lost anyway, but it wouldn't have been as sad as it was.

i agree 100%.
what i was implying is that Cerrone was stopped twice in less than a year before fighting Conor. that kind of damage, in my opinion of course, definitely had an affect on Cerrone which is why i do not find it that impressive that Conor beat a guy who i thought was damaged goods and is on a losing streak anyway. for sure he's a top 10 guy, but we're talking about a fight that is earning Conor the title shot. he needs to beat someone who wasn't just crushed twice in less than a year.

that's why i think Cerrone looked the way he looked. fucker had his bell rung how many times in less than 12 months and now he's fighting Conor? a guy who has been fully rested and hasn't taken a bad beating in over a year? it wasn't just a bad match up stylistically for Cowboy, it was a bad matchup timing wise too, cuz like i said, anybody taking the kind of beatings Ferguson and Gaethje dished out on him would've took a year off.

nobody said anything when Tony fought him because Tony beat him when he was on a 3 fight win streak, not a 2 fight losing streak.

btw, i don't think if Cerrone had a year off it would've allowed him to win, i think like you stated, he'd have lost anyway, but it wouldn't have been as sad as it was.
Gaejhe once said “when you win you expect to fight someone ranked higher than you, when you lose you have to fight someone lower.” I believe he is right. Cowboy is still ranked number 5 on this website and fought 3 guys ranked higher one after another. It isn’t because Cowboy isn’t great it’s just these 3 would beat him anyway no matter which one he fought first and the thing that beat Cowboy more than anybody is that he keeps accepting these super high ranked opponents and the UFC keeps letting him do it.

Gaejhe once said “when you win you expect to fight someone ranked higher than you, when you lose you have to fight someone lower.” I believe he is right. Cowboy is still ranked number 5 on this website and fought 3 guys ranked higher one after another. It isn’t because Cowboy isn’t great it’s just these 3 would beat him anyway no matter which one he fought first and the thing that beat Cowboy more than anybody is that he keeps accepting these super high ranked opponents and the UFC keeps letting him do it.

preaching to the choir my man. i agree.

Nice strawman, too bad it's not what i said. Lol you weirdos crack me tf up

Basically what you said.

Now explain to me how it's a straw-man argument instead of just using the word like you're actually doing something.

Tony should give khabib a lot of trouble and may take over in the last half of the fight.
he’s long which lets him throw those downward elbows off his back, extremely durable and doesn’t fatigue.
If I’d have to bet I would still pick khabib though.

So if you're beating a weathered guy who's had 50 pro fights, lost 14 times with 7 of those losses coming by KO or TKO and who was coming off two TKO losses, you're unstoppable now?

Interesting...
That's like most of Conor's wins to be honest lol. Beating guys that have CTE.

any real fight fan that isn't a casual or emotionally gushing over khabib knows Conor is unstoppable now.
I still think Khabib beats him. But if Conor stays sober-ish and focused, then he probably beats everyone else at 155.

Fuck that is a great post.

Tony is gonna beat Khabib and you still suck (kidding) but your point here is very valid.

The only thing I will say is that while I think Conor would beat (and finish) Cowboy regardless (like you said), the damage almost surely played into how quickly and easily it went. Tony broke his nose and gave him a hellacious beatdown. Then Justin blasts him when (maybe?) his face wasn't even healed all the way? Cartilage is weird, once it's been really ruined like that it's never the same. For example I think Rory was never even close to the same after Robbie destroyed his nose.

So again I definitely don't disagree with your overall point because yeah Tony, Justin, and Conor all likely beat Cowboy in 2019-2020 regardless of order. But the damage still likely played a role in how quickly Donald decided he did not want to be in there.

Unless you’re a casual, you realize a win over Cerrone means little to nothing.

Let him fight Kevin Lee, Justin, Tony, or even 155 Poirier. Then we will see what he’s made of. Until then, these threads are ridiculous.

Fuck that is a great post.

Tony is gonna beat Khabib and you still suck (kidding) but your point here is very valid.

The only thing I will say is that while I think Conor would beat (and finish) Cowboy regardless (like you said), the damage almost surely played into how quickly and easily it went. Tony broke his nose and gave him a hellacious beatdown. Then Justin blasts him when (maybe?) his face wasn't even healed all the way? Cartilage is weird, once it's been really ruined like that it's never the same. For example I think Rory was never even close to the same after Robbie destroyed his nose.

So again I definitely don't disagree with your overall point because yeah Tony, Justin, and Conor all likely beat Cowboy in 2019-2020 regardless of order. But the damage still likely played a role in how quickly Donald decided he did not want to be in there.
I agree that 14 losses all play a part in Cowboy’s losses as of late a accumulation of damage but I don’t know which fighter damaged his spirit more but I don’t think that 40 second beating he just got helped his confidence either. Tony definitely beat him up but IMO his slide downhill started with the 1:06 beating he got from RDA 2 though and he has never been the same.

...also Khabib ends Tony.very likely his career as well. Haha

Unless you’re a casual, you realize a win over Cerrone means little to nothing.

Let him fight Kevin Lee, Justin, Tony, or even 155 Poirier. Then we will see what he’s made of. Until then, these threads are ridiculous.
He already beat Poirier, Tony would be a good fight and he destroys Lee. I love watching Kevin Lee fight . I like his personality, energy and ferociousness but beating Micheal Chiesa and losing to Al twice definitely implies you lose to the Champ Champ. As far as Gaejhe goes I think he is a bigger threat to Khabib than Conor as Gaejhe hits hard and being a very strong wrestler may have the TDD to get it done but if he boxes Conor we have already seen what Eddie Alvarez and Poirier did to him.

Last edited:
I agree that 14 losses all play a part in Cowboy’s losses as of late a accumulation of damage but I don’t know which fighter damaged his spirit more but I don’t think that 40 second beating he just got helped his confidence either. Tony definitely beat him up but IMO his slide downhill started with the 1:06 beating he got from RDA 2 though and he has never been the same.

...also Khabib ends Tony.very likely his career as well. Haha

Yeah there's no actual way to quantify which beating did what damage and how it affected him long term, etc. I just know his face after Tony was BAAAAAD. It reminded me of how blown up Rory's face was after the second Robbie fight, and I don't think Rory was ever the same.

All kidding aside, Khabib may beat Tony. He may not, but of course he might. But he's not retiring him LMAO. Regardless of who wins there will be fun matchups for Tony with some of the guys you've mentioned. He's starting to near the end of being elite maybe, but I think he has 3-4 more fights left at least where he's legit top 2-3 in the world. A slide is gonna come for sure but I do think it's a couple years away.

He already beat Poirier, Tony would be a good fight and he destroys Lee. I love watching Kevin Lee fight . I like his personality, energy and ferociousness but beating Micheal Chiesa and losing to Al twice definitely implies you lose to the Champ Champ. As far as Gaejhe goes I think he is a bigger threat to Khabib than Conor as Gaejhe hits hard and being a very strong wrestler may have the TDD to get it done but if he boxes Conor we have already seen what Eddie Alvarez and Poirier did to him.
He beat a drained 145 Poirier 6 years ago. Not one of those guys I named are going to just quit and go down like cowboy. Lee is a terrible matchup for him. Tony will not get finished and would take him into deep waters. Until he agrees to fight one of those guys, calling him Champ Champ and assuming he will beat them because of what he did to cerrone, is just hype.

Forget the streak , watch the fights. Tony has names on his 16 fights in the UFC like Mike Rio,Kikuno,Vannatta and Castillo. He actually could have lost the decision against Castillo as he did on one of the judges score cards. The fight could/should have been stopped in round 1 against Vanatta when Tony was dropped 4 times. Tony lost to MJ. And took massive damage against almost everybody. Khabib squashes everybody and takes zero damage and doesn’t lose even rounds , forget about losing fights.
Tony lost to MJ...in 2012...before Conor was even in the UFC...

Back