I don't think anyone under 170 except Khabib has a chance against new Conor

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by gspfedkobe24, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Motleysubs

Motleysubs Yellow Belt

Honest question, are you a troll? It's very obvious he was hand picked for connor. And who calls someone a kid? Are you attempting to act better than him? While riding Connors dick?

2. Pancake Sprawl

Pancake Sprawl WAR IGOR!!!11

how unstoppable must the other 7 guys be who all stopped Cerrone before Conor did!?

3. old school 2

old school 2 Brown Belt

Yes, but let’s be honest. Cowboy loses to these 3 guys now or when he had a 3 fight winning streak. They are just better fighters.

4. Taric

Taric Gold Belt

The timing of when you win and when you lose matters. That's the whole premise behind championships. Otherwise Joseph Duffy would be considered a FW champion because he beat Conor like a decade ago.

Cowboy was on a two fight losing streak before fighting Conor. His stock was lower than when he was on a three fight win streak. Arguing that point is really stupid.

Kafir-kun and Ironnik94 like this.
  5. old school 2

old school 2 Brown Belt

How many did it without Cowboy landing one single blow? That is a school yard beat down not a top 5 fighting a guy from 2 lower weight classes. That shit was impressive!

linch likes this.
  6. Safton

Safton Blue Belt

Holy fucking shit. McGregor's original run in the UFC was before my time on Sherdog. I assumed that all the people talking about the bad old days of Conor fanboy threads were exaggerating, or possibly just haters. I was wrong.

Can we at least let the guy compete to prove how amazing and incredible he apparently is? Or should we just hand over the LW and WW belts right now because "fuck it Sherbros say he can't be beaten"? Shit, give him the BMF belt too while we're at it.

The way you're emotionally gushing over Conor right now after one fighter who is coming off multiple KO losses? I've read a lot of bullshit on this site in my relatively short time posting here, but this ranks near the top.

7. Mmmmmmma1234

Mmmmmmma1234 Black Belt

Why stop at 170 surely the MW belt is right there for the taking new Conor starches those fools Israel can't even wrassle.

{<Mcgoat}

Kafir-kun and Oooxente like this.
  8. old school 2

old school 2 Brown Belt

7 months ain’t a decade. If Nate beat Cowboy years ago , he wasn’t all of a sudden formidable 7 months ago . Cowboy is not and never was a champ not to mention a champ champ. All 3 guys beat any version of Cowboy any time of his career.

9. Ironnik94

Ironnik94 Seek & Destroy Belt

I think Tony is the second best lightweight in the world as well, currently.
    Not because he stopped Cerrone (who, as someone else mentioned, came off a three fight winning streak and has not taken the damage he did take during his fight against Tony and Gaethje), but because he rides a 12 fight winning-streak in the most stacked division that exists, with 9 of those 12 wins coming by finish and while Khabib has beaten slightly better names, Ferguson has some names on his resume as well.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  10. Oooxente

Oooxente Red Belt

He should just fight everybody(from FW until WW) at 170 and claim number one position in all the divisions.

11. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

Conor looked amazing, yes... but after ducking the punch and taking the shot, Cowboy did nothing but stand there like a punching bag getting beaten up. I honestly don't understand how we're supposed to know that he's some super new and improved fighter from any of that.

12. old school 2

old school 2 Brown Belt

Forget the streak , watch the fights. Tony has names on his 16 fights in the UFC like Mike Rio,Kikuno,Vannatta and Castillo. He actually could have lost the decision against Castillo as he did on one of the judges score cards. The fight could/should have been stopped in round 1 against Vanatta when Tony was dropped 4 times. Tony lost to MJ. And took massive damage against almost everybody. Khabib squashes everybody and takes zero damage and doesn’t lose even rounds , forget about losing fights.

13. Ironnik94

Ironnik94 Seek & Destroy Belt

I'm aware of Tony taking damage in his fights, as i am aware of the fact that Khabib takes little/no damage and that Tony has had lots of adversity throughout these fights, but if a fighter (consistently) wins when facing adversity, it's not luck, he's just that good.
    As for the names on Tony's resume: Lee, Dos Anjos, Barboza, Pettis and (a less damaged) Cerrone are on that as well, please don't act like he's only beaten nobodies, because that's clearly not the case and regarding his loss against Michael Johnson: and? St-Pierre lost to Matt Serra, everybody can lose to everybody, a single loss (especially if it's so far back) is not career-defining.

Anyways, Khabib is the best and without a doubt the most dominant lightweight in the world and i fail to see who's a better lightweight than Tony Ferguson, besides Khabib.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  14. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

He really hasn't proven a whole lot LW and WW.

Eddie is a high quality win, and the way he did it was amazing... but Eddie is a little bit tailor made for Conor.

Split with Nate, who is a fellow lightweight, has never won a UFC Championship (not even the BMF belt), and has not done anything impressive at WW.

Lost against Khabib, who is a monster, sure, but it's still a loss (and a loss via finish, as well).

And now he won against Cowboy, who is also a fellow LW and has never been at the tip top of the division, much less so lately.

I don't see how based on any of that we can be declaring that he's ready to walk through the WW division. I mean... I'm open to the possibility I'm wrong, but at this moment in time, what in hell are we basing that on?

Safton, Kafir-kun and Ironnik94 like this.
  15. mjfan23

mjfan23 Silver Belt

You definitely sound stupid for going off on a rant being triggered by an obvious troll post

16. The Fat Mexican

The Fat Mexican ¡No me chingues! Vete a la chingada

Hahaha that's the same Conor that lost to Diaz and Khabib. Conor fangirls are so fucking naive <45>

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Mmmmmmma1234 and Ironnik94 like this.
  17. old school 2

old school 2 Brown Belt

Conor takes almost no damage as well and besides him Justin and Dustin are all better than anybody Tony has fought in years and Tony is getting old at 36. Khabib is absolutely number 1 but number two is a little more debatable and I want to see Tony fight all of guys mentioned as Khabib is working his way through that list now.

Ironnik94 likes this.
  18. 613

613 Gold Belt

New Conor is the same Conor as always (but slower it seemed) you stupid fuck. He just had an opponent that played to his strengths

Huligani likes this.
  19. Huligani

Huligani Number One Bullshit

Conor hasn't changed

Ironnik94 likes this.
  20. old school 2

old school 2 Brown Belt

I am a Khabib fan more than a Conor fan but I must say I would love to see Conor fight number 3 ranked Street Jesus and then Woodley. I don’t know that Conor wins but if he does then fight the top 2. I agree that I don’t think he walks through all WW but I for sure will lay down my money and watch him try.