I Don’t See How Ferguson Stops the Takedown

Some of the American Uber drivers beat up Tony before he got to the UFC. Nobody beat Khabib, no cab drivers or Olympians. You know you wish you could say the same.

The thing is, that happened so long ago, Uber didn't even exist yet! Joke's on you!

And again, that's not the point. I was replying to the ass clown who said the bums that Khabib beat in Russia are better than Tony. Not that Khabib himself is.

Truthfully, I don't wish I could say the same. I don't have to. The fight is going to happen this time. You can say it won't, but I have faith it will. And we'll see who the best is. If Tony wins, none of his losses from 8+ years ago matter and Khabib's undefeated record goes **poof** and disappears. Everyone will know that Tony is the best LW in the world, maybe ever. But if Khabib wins, you know damn well I'll give him credit and say he's the best. I won't hide, I won't make excuses, I'll be happy I saw the two best fight each other.

Can't believe people are actually discussing how this fight's gonna go... y'all know this fight's getting scrapped at the last minute AGAIN!!! Wonder what the over/under is on Khabib's cardboard knee exploding at the weigh-ins?

It is compelling match until it isn’t, when Khabib starts to run away with it half of Sherdog will say Tony was past his prime at 36 ( and he is) the rest will say Tony was a can and Gaejhe is the compelling match to make...
Those weirdos are never satisfied

The thing is, that happened so long ago, Uber didn't even exist yet! Joke's on you!

And again, that's not the point. I was replying to the ass clown who said the bums that Khabib beat in Russia are better than Tony. Not that Khabib himself is.

Truthfully, I don't wish I could say the same. I don't have to. The fight is going to happen this time. You can say it won't, but I have faith it will. And we'll see who the best is. If Tony wins, none of his losses from 8+ years ago matter and Khabib's undefeated record goes **poof** and disappears. Everyone will know that Tony is the best LW in the world, maybe ever. But if Khabib wins, you know damn well I'll give him credit and say he's the best. I won't hide, I won't make excuses, I'll be happy I saw the two best fight each other.
I honestly hope the fight happens as well.

He won’t stop the takedowns

but he fights off his back much better than everyone else khabib has fought and won’t go back whimpering to his corner after getting mauled for a round
Hit the nail on the head with that reply, plus Tony thrives in scrambles and transitions. Tony is a guy you're not going to submit or TKO, he won't go away. Khabib is a decent striker, he won't put Tony in trouble there. I'm leaning towards Tony by decision or TKO from cuts

Great fight that should have happened years ago but I don’t get the logic behind people seeing Tony winning. I don’t think he stops the takedowns at all and will just look like another typical Khabib victory. People who are picking Ferguson, what are his routes of winning other than something unexpected?

I remember hearing Eddie Bravo saying, back when their third attempt at a match was on the line, that they were not training tdd. They planned on letting Khabib take Tony down and they were going to beat him on the ground.

funny to see people underestimating Tony ,
good to hear from Khabibs videos that he doesnt

Ferguson is dangerous off his back and even standing,didnt he knee RDA in the face when he shot on him? Khabib is a great grappler himself maybe the best at 155. This is a great fight truly unpredictable

Tony will get mounted in the first round..mark my words..he is fairly weak and relies a lot on his opponnts fading.
Khabib's stocky build is made for guys like tony, who don't carry that much power, khabib will easily control his wrists and his legs, as we have seen him do it to all his oppents.
If kevin lee can do it...

upload_2020-2-14_15-35-50.png

Like others have said, the fact that tony knows he can’t stop the takedown and isn’t afraid of being taken down is an absolute game changer when fighting Khabib.

Khabib wears you out by making you expend all of your energy trying to get back to your feet, he also does most of his damage with ground and pound when his opponents are using an arm as a post to try and stand backup.

If tony goes for a submission instead of trying to get back up, and gets Khabib in his guard where he doesn’t take as much damage but can still threaten with subs and elbows off of his back then Khabib might get discouraged from looking for the TD so consistently. If the fight gets to that point, I expect tony to take over. He won’t be afraid to commit to strikes or try to damage Khabib on the feet, because he won’t be scared to get taken down.

If Khabib wins, it will be by decision. Meanwhile tony has many different options to win this fight, as well as having as good or even better ( arguably ) cardio than Khabib. That makes this fight very hard to predict.

I see Cucuy winning by superior warrior spirit, refuse to lose, going zombie mode and out-surviving Kabib

Khabib beat cans in Dagestan MMA and Sambo that were more accomplished and skilled off their back than Ferguson. He is an amateur in comparison to Khabib.
If you really believe it then you’re a fool

If you really believe it then you’re a fool

Tony is Tony because of his unpredictability and his general crazyness but really, skill wise, there is nothing he could do that Khabib has not already seen. Stop drinking every words of Joe Rogan.

I think Tony, by not giving two fucks about the take-down, will let his hands go early.

Khabib does not like to stand and bang, he scuttles out as soon as anybody throws heat. Then he re-sets his forward pressure, relying on his opponent being too conservative and too worried about the TD.

If Tony gets him backing up then there are no take-downs to worry about and it will be a long painful night for Khabib.

This fight will be decided in the first round and I don't mean either will get a finish I mean the one who implements his game plan will win.

I'm really stoked for this fight and I'm not hating on Khabib (who is awesome). I just hope Tony is not gone past his sell-by date. He's 35 now. This fight should have happened a few years ago.

Great fight that should have happened years ago but I don’t get the logic behind people seeing Tony winning. I don’t think he stops the takedowns at all and will just look like another typical Khabib victory. People who are picking Ferguson, what are his routes of winning other than something unexpected?
Khabib almost got choked out by Dustin, and Ferguson is much better at the subs than almost everyone Khabib has faced. Not saying Ferguson will win, but I could see Khabib winning the fight with Ferg 6/10 and Ferg would win 4/10 with those wins being submissions for him. If Ferguson can stop the takedown and keep it standing, he also has a greater chance. But I don't see that happening.

this fight better happen is all im saying, possibly the most intriguing fight there has been in years if not ever

i feel like both men will need to go to hell and back to pull the W out, and i cannot wait to see who makes it out alive (figuratively)

Not sure anyone at LW can consistently stop the takedown. I think people are banking on tony being literally crazy af and too stupid to get discouraged and highly likely to throw crazy sub attempts off his back. We saw poirier get in pretty deep, gives ferg a good chance to atleast threaten a few subs.

Interesting part is IF tony manages to get khabib weary of the sub attempts will the fight stay standing and make khabib adjust.

These guys are easily the 12 best LW's in the world that's what makes this fight so intriguing.

Ferguson's Dissociative identity disorder confirmed, not sure how you can tell if all the 11 personalities are good at MMA........ I'm sure 1 of them is just good at cooking, at least.........

Tony doesnt have to stop the takedown..thats what khabib wants..khabib does his best work with guys who resist or waste time trying to get back up...thats when he smoothers and beats on you

Tony will fight off his back and could possibly tire out khabib over 5 rounds ..as khabib becomes less effective wrestling wise over a 25 minute duration ( see Raging AL fight)..Tony has proven hes dangerous every minute of the fight..i dont know if we can say about khabib

Back