I Don’t See How Ferguson Stops the Takedown

Thats the thing with tony that makes this match exciting on the feet and on the ground is that tony will welcoming the takedowns he not gona go against it he will flow with it.

Great fight that should have happened years ago but I don’t get the logic behind people seeing Tony winning. I don’t think he stops the takedowns at all and will just look like another typical Khabib victory. People who are picking Ferguson, what are his routes of winning other than something unexpected?

If anyone has the right kind of crazy to beat Khabib, its Tony.

Great fight that should have happened years ago but I don’t get the logic behind people seeing Tony winning. I don’t think he stops the takedowns at all and will just look like another typical Khabib victory. People who are picking Ferguson, what are his routes of winning other than something unexpected?

i'm not picking him Ferguson, but i think he can win by submission. if Dustin Poirer could threaten with a decent choke on Khabib i'm sure Tony can. cut from being active with strikes from the bottom. force Khabib to overexert himself in the first 2 rds, when he inevitably goes to take the 3rd off, he gets crushed by an overwhelming amount of strikes.

Khabib only goes for takedowns against the cage so just press forward like Poirier was doing but don't gas out doing it

Im not picking Ferguson , but knee to the face ?

I don't see how he does it either, but that is not the concern if you want Tony to win. It's how Tony deals with the takedown and what comes after. Khabib has unbelievable top control, and amazing ground and pound and submissions off of GnP.

That said I can see Tony catching a d'arce off of one of Khabibs takedowns, and I can see him cutting the shit out of Khabib with elbows while on his back.

Khabib's face will be added to the bloody smorgasbord soon enough. And it will be done from the bottom with elbows while Khabib is trying to furiously hump tony's leg.

DywVcuCWwAomQLs.jpg

I though Ferguson was a wrestling national champion? If he can't then I guess American wrestling is overrated

After the first TD this fight is over if Ferg doesn’t get up immediately. Khabib can win on nothing more than top control. Ferg is forced to take chances to get up and that is when he gets caught in a crucifix and pounded into a bloody mess while Khabib has a conversation with Dana outside the Octagon saying “hey Dana, tell Tony what time it is please.”
Khabib never finished anyone with ground and pound except cans and I dont see him finishing tony. I dont think he"ll handle the punishment from Tony but khabib is tough as shit so this is a compelling match.

Those guys have been wrestling and grappling since they were kids while Tony was getting choked out by a guy named Jamie Toney

Tony has gone on to become a top ranked LW in the world, while those guys got beat up in barns by other scrubs and then retired to drive cabs on the outskirts of Moscow.

It's not so much stopping the takedown. It's making Khabib work for it and hoping that Tony's superior conditioning will pay off in the later rounds.

pretty sure absolutely no one has been saying he's gonna stop takedowns, but his activity, creativity, subs, and ability to bust/cut guys up and never tire are what makes it interesting.

Tony had no elbows for Castillo who held him down for 12 minutes and realistically beat Tony, so if Castillo could do it......

He didn't "realistically" beat Tony any more than Tibau "realistically beat" Khabib.

And also...that fight was 5 years ago. Things change, Tony might actually be better now than he was then (even though you always say how past his prime he is ha ha).

Oh, and to add to that I wasn't even saying that Tony for sure WILL cut Khabib up and have tons of success off his back. I was pointing out how utterly stupid it is to compare the scrubs Khabib beat in Russia to Tony. Comparing cab drivers and guys who ended up with career records of 3-4 to a guy who's 26-3 with 12 wins in a row in the best org on the planet is so stupid it's painful.

He doesn’t. I don’t see him winning any rounds. But, who knows.

Khabib never finished anyone with ground and pound except cans and I dont see him finishing tony. I dont think he"ll handle the punishment from Tony but khabib is tough as shit so this is a compelling match.
It is compelling match until it isn’t, when Khabib starts to run away with it half of Sherdog will say Tony was past his prime at 36 ( and he is) the rest will say Tony was a can and Gaejhe is the compelling match to make...

He didn't "realistically" beat Tony any more than Tibau "realistically beat" Khabib.

And also...that fight was 5 years ago. Things change, Tony might actually be better now than he was then (even though you always say how past his prime he is ha ha).

Oh, and to add to that I wasn't even saying that Tony for sure WILL cut Khabib up and have tons of success off his back. I was pointing out how utterly stupid it is to compare the scrubs Khabib beat in Russia to Tony. Comparing cab drivers and guys who ended up with career records of 3-4 to a guy who's 26-3 with 12 wins in a row in the best org on the planet is so stupid it's painful.
Some of the American Uber drivers beat up Tony before he got to the UFC. Nobody beat Khabib, no cab drivers or Olympians. You know you wish you could say the same.

My official prediction is Khabib chokes Tony unconscious with a rear naked choke.

Khabib's face will be added to the bloody smorgasbord soon enough. And it will be done from the bottom with elbows while Khabib is trying to furiously hump tony's leg.

DywVcuCWwAomQLs.jpg
Tony has gone through more scrubs than a Chinese Hospital’s laundry service. Khabib is far better than anything Tony has ever beat or ever will. This is the big time Baby !

Back