I Don’t See How Ferguson Stops the Takedown

He won't but he needs to put forward pressure on Khabib at all costs, when he gets taken down he can't be against the cage.

nteresting part is IF tony manages to get khabib weary of the sub attempts will the fight stay standing and make khabib adjust.

Exactly. I don't expect Tony to actually submit Khabib, but him being able to wear him down and keep it standing after the couple of rounds is not that unrealistic.

Khabib took a round off against Conor and Al because he was comfortable enough and felt that he wasn't in danger anymore. It would be interesting to see how he would react to getting pressured every second of the fight. Tony won't give him time or space to catch his breath.

Dont know but DO KNOW I would LOVE to see TONY slice kabib to a raw kabob.

Throwing the LW div into El Cucuy-chaos.

NY stops the fight for a cut
Uncle Dana greases the wheels
I just dont think dana wants Tony as his champion. With the mental issues it's a real risk having his as one of the faces of the company imo

I just dont think dana wants Tony as his champion. With the mental issues it's a real risk having his as one of the faces of the company imo
And the dude that flew over the cage into a crowd isn’t.

I get what you’re saying tho

its the fact that Tony when on ground as the most explosive (defense) if u want call it that, where he attacks more then tries to escape.. and where tony fights the blood gods watch....

I don't see how he does it either, but that is not the concern if you want Tony to win. It's how Tony deals with the takedown and what comes after. Khabib has unbelievable top control, and amazing ground and pound and submissions off of GnP.

That said I can see Tony catching a d'arce off of one of Khabibs takedowns, and I can see him cutting the shit out of Khabib with elbows while on his back.

And the dude that flew over the cage into a crowd isn’t.

I get what you’re saying tho
My phone died In the middle of sending that last post. Was going to say if we look at the succession of things Tony has been fighting for a long time. He was stripped of his interim and forced to fight 2 more xs after to get another ter shot. That was already a 11 fight win streak.

Dana kinda has shown his hand here imo

Big question is whether Tony can keep up the pace after getting mauled for a few rounds. Khabib will take him down against the cage, put his head against Tony's chest and beat him up. All depends if Tony can get up from the stool in the fourth round and push the pace on Khabib. He obviously has godlike cardio but he has never really taken a beating like Khabib dishes out.
Tony has a chance, weather the storm and finish Khabib in the championship rounds but... I don't see it. Not to take anything away from Tony, one of the best lightweights ever but Khabib is a bad match up for him.

Khabib beat cans in Dagestan MMA and Sambo that were more accomplished and skilled off their back than Ferguson. He is an amateur in comparison to Khabib.
Tell me more white belt

RIP Tony on his back! He will try but there are levels to this and Khabib had been training extra for this guy! Where should we send our condolences?

No one is watching to see if Tony can stop the takedown. What the eff. Watch Tony fight, he doesn't care if he gets taken down.

He fights off his back insanely well.

Elbows from the bottom, always looking to improve position, constantly attempting submissions.

This is gonna be an amazing fight regardless of who wins.

Eddie Bravo said in an interview a while back, they are planning on being taken down and are confident Tony can do work from the bottom like no one before.

After the first TD this fight is over if Ferg doesn’t get up immediately. Khabib can win on nothing more than top control. Ferg is forced to take chances to get up and that is when he gets caught in a crucifix and pounded into a bloody mess while Khabib has a conversation with Dana outside the Octagon saying “hey Dana, tell Tony what time it is please.”

Like who in Dagestan? What guys were better off their back then than Tony is now? Or had his cardio or ability to open cuts with a small amount of space?

LMAO that some scrub he beat in a Sambo match 12 years ago is Tony's level.

Trolls don't really try anymore huh?
Tony had no elbows for Castillo who held him down for 12 minutes and realistically beat Tony, so if Castillo could do it......

Back