I Don’t See How Ferguson Stops the Takedown

i'm not picking him Ferguson, but i think he can win by submission. if Dustin Poirer could threaten with a decent choke on Khabib i'm sure Tony can. cut from being active with strikes from the bottom. force Khabib to overexert himself in the first 2 rds, when he inevitably goes to take the 3rd off, he gets crushed by an overwhelming amount of strikes.

He didnt take the 3rd round off against Dustin despite the Abu Dhabi tent heat.

Little boy? I actually fought and cornered guys, I highly doubt you have.

Good for you, why does this matter? We have all seen in the past and still see to this day individuals that participate in the sport who have shown a complete lack of judgement when it comes to predicting the outcomes of fights. Just because you know how to lay a wall of bricks doesn't neccessarily mean you have any idea about the amount of force it takes to bring down a wall of bricks. Some people just have a better sense of judgement, so get over it small man.[/QUOTE]

You said and I quote "Tony will be mounted in round 1". Anyone who knows the sport even a little knows that someone "being mounted" refers to having the opponent get full mount. You are using the phrase "half mount" which doesn't even exist...yet I'm supposed to take you seriously?.

Quibbling over semantics is not something i want to start in a public forum filled with trolls, half guard is obviously what I meant. You will constantly see khabib switching from different guard positions. At the end of the day he is always on top of his opponents leaving them no space to find an advantageous position, the only oponnents he has had difficulty with are the ones that carried power.

I just hate posters like you who just talk nonsense, one bieng Khabib's prev opponents were not of the same caliber as tony ferguson. How the fuck would you know?
Tony ferguson has accomplished a lot in the UFC, but he has never been dominant. Always clutching his wins by sheer will and outlasting his opoonent's gas tank. The fact that this fight is bieng touted as close is laughable, anyone who hasnt been living under a rock the past few years, knows his will end the same way as most of khabib's fights : 1.Khabib wrestlefucks oponnents for the first round. 2. Khabib dominates in the standup in the 2nd round as oponnents realises how crippling his ground game is and beging to lower their hands 3.By 3rd round, the oponents arms have lost power due to all the energy they expended defending takedowns, khabib submits oponnent or gets an unanimous decision.

Khabib has showed no signs of deterioting, hardly takes any damage in any of his fights, so history is bound to repeat.

It will be funny seeing sherdog after this fight.

Ferguson's elbows will do very little in this fight, because Khabib has a different style of passing than Lee, or anybody that Ferguson has faced. Khabib is a better grappler and MMA wrestler than Ferguson, so he won't stop the takedown.

Great fight that should have happened years ago but I don’t get the logic behind people seeing Tony winning. I don’t think he stops the takedowns at all and will just look like another typical Khabib victory. People who are picking Ferguson, what are his routes of winning other than something unexpected?
People picking Tony are doing so thinking about how awkward he is on his foot (and with a distinct advantage while standing) and how active Tony is from the bottom.
Add the fact that Khabib does leave himself open sometimes (like when Poirier got him on that triangle that, if he had held him with his feet, he would have submitted Khabib).

I don't know who is the favorite, but I do think it is a rather intriguing match!

You want to see who'll win this fight? After the first extended ground work, see which fighter wants to keep it standing. That guy loses.

Khabib top pressure vs Tony guard. This is gonna be great.

Good for you, why does this matter? We have all seen in the past and still see to this day individuals that participate in the sport who have shown a complete lack of judgement when it comes to predicting the outcomes of fights. Just because you know how to lay a wall of bricks doesn't neccessarily mean you have any idea about the amount of force it takes to bring down a wall of bricks. Some people just have a better sense of judgement, so get over it small man.

Quibbling over semantics is not something i want to start in a public forum filled with trolls, half guard is obviously what I meant. You will constantly see khabib switching from different guard positions. At the end of the day he is always on top of his opponents leaving them no space to find an advantageous position, the only oponnents he has had difficulty with are the ones that carried power.

I just hate posters like you who just talk nonsense, one bieng Khabib's prev opponents were not of the same caliber as tony ferguson. How the fuck would you know?
Tony ferguson has accomplished a lot in the UFC, but he has never been dominant. Always clutching his wins by sheer will and outlasting his opoonent's gas tank. The fact that this fight is bieng touted as close is laughable, anyone who hasnt been living under a rock the past few years, knows his will end the same way as most of khabib's fights : 1.Khabib wrestlefucks oponnents for the first round. 2. Khabib dominates in the standup in the 2nd round as oponnents realises how crippling his ground game is and beging to lower their hands 3.By 3rd round, the oponents arms have lost power due to all the energy they expended defending takedowns, khabib submits oponnent or gets an unanimous decision.

Khabib has showed no signs of deterioting, hardly takes any damage in any of his fights, so history is bound to repeat.[/QUOTE]

You typed a fucking wall of text and still didn't back off the moronic stance that Khabib's competition in Russia wasn't absolutely laughable in comparison with someone like Ferguson who's literally the 2nd ranked LW on the planet according to...EVERYONE????

How would I know they weren't the same cakiber? Are you joking here? Look up the LAST FIVE opponents Khabib faced in Russia before entering the UFC. The last 5, not early ones because I want to make it clear I'm not cherry picking guys from when Khabib just started in MMA. Look up Khabib's wins 12 through 16. I already know who they are and THAT is "how the fuck I know" that they are quite clearly WORLDS below someone like Tony. And if you have a shred of intellectual honesty you'll look them up and then come back and say something like "Okay I get it now, I was wrong". Or...you'll dig your heels in and look even more lost.

It also shows you have maybe seen 2 or 3 Ferguson fights at most to make a comment that he simply outlasts every opponent. That's just patently false and again shows that you likely haven't seen a lot of his fights.

For sure. Khabib is 100% going to take him down. Even Eddie Bravo high on the best weed money can buy will agree to this.

I can almost guarantee Tonys plan is to minimize damage on the ground while making Khabib work and then going hard the last 2 rounds.

I don't think he'll be able to stop the takedowns. However, Iaquinta eventually was able to against Khabib, especially on single legs. Ferguson, on paper, should be a better wrestler than Iaquinta.

i think people expect Tony to make him work more than Dustin did.

He probably will.

My reply was specific to someone who said Khabib always takes a round off and speculated he'll take the 3rd off against Tony.

I do believe Khabib choses to stand more against opponents who he doesn't fear/respect as much (Al and Conor) but he didnt with Dustin and probably wont with Tony

Tony is Tony because of his unpredictability and his general crazyness but really, skill wise, there is nothing he could do that Khabib has not already seen. Stop drinking every words of Joe Rogan.
Fuck Joe Rogan.. I have seen Tony fight... he is unbeaten for a very long time and is handful for anyone. He may very well loose to Khabib but anyone who thinks they can predict an easy win for Khabib is a fool..

Great fight that should have happened years ago but I don’t get the logic behind people seeing Tony winning. I don’t think he stops the takedowns at all and will just look like another typical Khabib victory. People who are picking Ferguson, what are his routes of winning other than something unexpected?
It's not about stopping the takedown. It's about what he's able to do on the ground.

Ferguson doesn't give a fk about being taken down. He thrives in dangerous positions and he's not afraid to take risks.

That's the big difference between Ferguson and any other opponent Khabib has faced. He won't sacrifice his strengths by fear of getting taken down. And he's an infinite times more versatile than any of them.

Khabib is more likely to win, but you can never count Tony out. He didn't just go 12-0 by chance. His pace is relentless and he won't stop even if he gets GnP'd for 2 rounds straight.

He wont stop them him and eddie already conceded that. They seem to think he Is ok being on bottom. The issue there for me is that he cant use elbows to cut khabib from bottom..cause khabib doenst ever sit in guard long, and when he does he keeps his head close to the body where there is no room.

I think this over confidence in being on his back, is gonna cost him. He too will get tired. He wont sub khabib. So conceding the position is bad. His best chance is to catch khabib in a scramble. I think his odds are really slim. I like tony, he is a great fighter. But he cant stop khabib from taking him down and imposing his will.

He probably will.

My reply was specific to someone who said Khabib always takes a round off and speculated he'll take the 3rd off against Tony.

I do believe Khabib choses to stand more against opponents who he doesn't fear/respect as much (Al and Conor) but he didnt with Dustin and probably wont with Tony

oh i don't think he takes every 3rd rd off. or at least i haven't noticed, but against Conor i noticed and right before that he used a ton of energy trying to kill Conor at the end of the 2nd.

If Khabib loses the belt to a doctor stoppage due to a cut, people are going to lose their minds and I'm going to love it.

Im betting Tony cuts up Khabibs face up off his back with elbows

You guys make me laugh so hard with your 'khabib will be cut by tony's elbows, it might even be a doctor stoppage'. This is only going to happen if Khabib was content to just sit there and ask Tony to elbow him. Not going to happen. I can't say that he would never receive an elbow during the fight but you gotta quit the delusion that Tony will really hurt khabib this way.

Khabib's posture is top notch and its going to be hard for Tony to elbow him when his head is burried against fergie's neck and shoulders. Which Khabib does almost all the time.

I just dont think dana wants Tony as his champion. With the mental issues it's a real risk having his as one of the faces of the company imo
I see your point but Dana lets women beaters and dudes who do hit and runs on pregnant women fight, so he must not be that concerned about the image of the sport.

Back