• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I broke my hand walking my dog

View attachment 1049051

walking my akita / great Pyrenees in my neighborhood and these teenage kids had dogs off leash throwing a football around at the lds church. their dog starts approaching mine and I tell the kids my dog isnt friendly and to control their dog. they dont and it keeps approaching. was casually holding the leash with 3 fingers expecting them to recall their dog. mine lunges at the dog, i hold him back but my finger got yeeted. kids laugh it off and go back to throwing the sports ball

Had surgery last friday and they put a screw in there

Still hoping to fight this summer, September is likely

that is all

edit - the dog in question -
View attachment 1049066
View attachment 1049156
male, left and female, right
Yeah you should probably delete your acct
Weak hands
I bet you don’t even lift
Or change your SN with a new email
Js

Holding a big strong dangerous dogs leash with only 3 fingers sounds like a bad idea from the jump, gotta wrap that shit around your wrist, homie, always be prepared, learned that shit in Webelos
I was a Cub Scout - webelos was a dream

Nah, if you have an unfriendly dog then you can’t really do anything if another off leash dog runs up on it. That’s your fault.

I know a dude who owns an unfriendly pitbull. A poodle or some small dog ran up on it and the pitbull mauled it to death. It was taken to court or something and deemed the stupid ladies fault for allowing it to happen.

My other friend once yelled at him in an argument, “your dog is a murderer!” And it was hilarious though
Your “friend “‘ sounds like a Fruitcake

Ughhh.

You have a dog on a leash that breaks the finger of the person holding the leash... due to its response .........

The dog needs better training.. along with the owner....

It doesn't matter the situation. It's as simple as that. It could be frightened of sirens. It could be because it wants to chase a squirrel. It could be protectiveness. Or Aggression. It's irrelevant.

The issue is. The dogs response ( and the lack of ability to handle the dog )

I get it . You own Akita's. By the way. The akita walks up into that wolf dogs space.. probably because the owner called it......

Which makes his childish chuckle at it a bit off putting
This is true! People ought to listen even if it hurts their feelings. Fact is most people have no idea how to train or handle many breeds of k9s.

If your dog cannot be in a public space because it is aggressive, then you are a bad trainer. The others are not the assholes; how entitled are some of these dogs owners who go to public spaces and announce their dog is protective and aggressive? Fuck you man. Socialize your dog. It’s possible to have a well trained protective dog that can also go around other dogs and people.

There is zero displacement on that fracture why did they even operate usually any break under 2 mm is left alone to heal without screws or plates. My clavicle break was worse than that and they didn't operate healed on its own.

His dog looks like a Mastiff. They are huge, but pretty chill dogs. You sound like a jackass.

We had a guy at work who had a huge English Mastiff (RIP- gone too early) which was a huge sweetheart, absolutely adorable and soppy , he'd bring it to work and we'd all leave our messroom to come say hi, loads of us loved that dog.

What did he call him ?

Rex ?
Fred?
Storm ?

Nope.

Bubbles . He called this huge Mastiff "Bubbles" .

Used to crack me up. The image of him calling his dog back and yelling "Bubbles!" and this huge Mastiff instead of a poodle turning up always got me.

This is true! People ought to listen even if it hurts their feelings. Fact is most people have no idea how to train or handle many breeds of k9s.

If your dog cannot be in a public space because it is aggressive, then you are a bad trainer. The others are not the assholes; how entitled are some of these dogs owners who go to public spaces and announce their dog is protective and aggressive? Fuck you man. Socialize your dog. It’s possible to have a well trained protective dog that can also go around other dogs and people.

I'm sorry, this is retarded. Have you ever owned a large guarding breed dog that is naturally intolerant of other dogs? It's not as simple as "socialize them". You can do all the socialization in the world and it won't make them tolerate every dog that they see. Moreover, just because someone believes that their dog is friendly and lets them off-leash doesn't mean that they actually are a balanced friendly dog.

I can take my Akitas out in public, and do so often. They've been socialized around other dogs their entire life, and they're under strict leadership from me. However, does that mean they're going to tolerate EVERY dog they see? No, of course not. They'd be shitty guardians if they did.

There is always going to be some dogs that approach with the wrong energy that they'll respond to aggressively. As they should, if they interpret it as a threat.

Knowing that, if you don't want your dog ripped up, then YOU leash YOUR dog. Don't have zero control over your dog and let them run around like they own the place.

Placing zero responsibility on the careless owner who doesn't leash their dog and thinking that all other dogs should accept that free roaming dog is a confession, isn't it?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, this is retarded. Have you ever owned a large guarding breed dog that is naturally intolerant of other dogs? It's not as simple as "socialize them". You can do all the socialization in the world and it won't make them tolerate every dog that they see.

For example, I CAN take my Akitas out in public, and do so often. They've been socialized around other dogs their entire life, and they're under strict leadership from me. However, does that mean they're going to tolerate EVERY dog they see? No, of course not. They'd be shitty guardians if they did.

There is always going to be some dogs that approach with the wrong energy that they'll respond to aggressively. As they should, if they interpret it as a threat.

Knowing that, if you don't want your dog ripped up, then YOU leash YOUR fucking dog. Don't have zero control over your dog and let them run around like they own the place.

Placing zero responsibility on the careless owner who doesn't leash their dog and thinking that all other dogs should accept that free roaming dog is a confession, isn't it?
No don’t waste time with breeds that aren’t Mals or GSDs and do bite training routinely. So I guess I can’t entirely sympathize, I haven’t had my hand broken by my own dog because it’s aggressive towards other dogs. But I do agree in public dogs should always be on leash, so in the OPs case, it sucks that happened. But also I don’t want my dogs to be aggressive and uncontrollable, which I think is training. I personally think a shock collar is a great tool in emergency but a lot of people think otherwise.

Back