• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alex Poatan and Rico Verhoven are the 2 most dangerous strikers in the world ?

PEDRO IVO RUSSO MIRANDA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think Poatan can Beat any Man in the world in a stand up batlle , but i Just remember rico is probably the most dominant champ in glory history .

If these two have a figth in Heavy weigth who you guys think Will Win ?

Did you think If its an MMA or a kickboxing match the results would be different or It dosent matter?

What your thought's about? Can someone else stand against one of these 2?

images

{<tongue}

I find it a weird comparison because Rico is really really good, which is why he dominates, not just cuz he's dangerous. There are better strikers than Poatan, but he carries some intangibles that keep him up there. If you were going to compare him to someone's dominant vs dangerous ratio in pure striking, I think I'd more throw out Badr Hari. Though, admittedly, the difference in how well they transitioned to MMA is night and day

Rico doesn't have that one hitta quitta like Poatan but hes a much better striker overall.
Poatan is far more dangerous imo.

Aspinall by far hits harder than Poatan, has better head movement, and is arguably faster.

I don't think Adesanya or Bruno Silva are surviving flush shots from Tom Aspinall lmfao.
Plus the timing on his double leg, he aint gonna defend that shit

Of the most

There are plenty of dangerous strikers in ONE

Nong-O
Haggerty
Tawanchai
Superlek
Marat
Superbon

Just to name a few.
All great strikers.

I think the hang up is that both Rico and Alex weigh far more than the majority of ONE’s kickboxing and Muay Thai roster.

Of course there’s Roman but I think both Alex and Rico could get the W against him, no disrespect of course.

Alex has the power equalizer to carry over to MMA, Rico doesn't have that

Aspinall by far hits harder than Poatan, has better head movement, and is arguably faster.

To the people who think Alex is more dangerous on the feet than Tom: Do you see a world where Adesanya or Bruno Silva are surviving flush shots from Tom Aspinall?
In that perpendicular universe scenario you speaking of, is Tom Aspinall a MW when fighting Adesanya or Bruno Silva? And/or is Poatan a 250+ lb heavy weight when he fights Adesanya or Bruno Silva?

To the people who think Alex is more dangerous on the feet than Tom: Do you see a world where Adesanya or Bruno Silva are surviving flush shots from Tom Aspinall?

No but I can see a situation where Adesanya beats Tom via decision or even Ko in straight kickboxing

Back