Hunt vs Nelson continues the trend of staggeringly wretched matchmaking

Fuck Rankings this one is for the fans

Just what I was thinking... we've been waiting a long time for this matchup & most people seem stoked that it's now happening so I can't agree with TS that it's poor matchmaking

1. People want to see this fight happen
2. The title picture is already gummed up with Cain "muh shoulder is made of glass" doing TUF with Werdum
3. How is a fight between 2 of the most durable men to ever fight at HW a freak fight? Hunto and Big Foot put on one hell of a fight and there's no reason this one cannot either have and explosive finish or be a back and forth battle like that.

Only person who is stuck doing nothing right now is Browne, he either fights Stipe or rematches Overeem or Big Foot.

TS is a can, enjoy this fight it's a great fight and neither guy really has a role in the division right now, Roy just beat the ghost of Big Nog but can't really beat top 5 fighters and Hunt is coming off a draw no matter how you scored the fight or the fact Bigfoot juiced... let them bang bro and then give either guy a big fight

Every single fight, people write Roy off. Every damn time. Then what, he comes up with a brutal K.O. It's astounding how people STILL are not predicting this outcome.

Although Hunt does have a granite chin.

I always picked against Nelson when he fought more technical strikers like JDS, Werdum and Miocic.

Both guys are scary as fuck. What a great fight.

Horrible thread.

Out of all match ups, you want to complain about this one?

This is clearly a fight fans have been wanting to see for a while, unlike many of the much more meaningless match-ups lately.

Japan doesn't deserve a slugfest featuring a Pride fan favorite?

It baffles me, the things people want to complain about.

Suspecting this might be a troll thread.

I like this matchup, it is interesting, the hard part is selling the fight being that Hunt is 9-8-1 and looks awful but is generally in exciting fights. Hunt has a good chin, Nelson has a granite chin. Hunt has decent power, Nelson has crazy knockout power. I'll take Nelson via brutal knockout.

I can't actually believe someone.. Anyone.. Is bitching about this fight. Its a fun fight that always should have happened.

Ts, please take a running jump. Or some happy pills to make yourself feel better.

TS, if you're trolling, I bow to you. 10/10

If you're not trolling, you're an idiot.

That is all.

i do agree that hunt should be higher up the food chain than big roy. He had a draw with bigfoot who is at number 4.

I like the match-up.

I would've liked to see him fight Browne instead though.

Wtf? If TS thinks this is terrible matchmaking, I guess TS thinks joe silva was on crack when he booked lawler-brown.

Yes, I concur. Truly, staggeringly wretched. Niles, do you agree?
kelseygrammar.jpg

Both men are at an impasse. Neither have the potential to be champion or pick up quality wins over the top men in their division. Relegating them to novelty to status is fine, as far as I'm concerned.

#9 and 10 fighting each other is a freakshow fight?

Back