2 Junior Dos Santos
3 Travis Browne
4 Antonio Silva
5 Josh Barnett
6 Stipe Miocic
7 Alistair Overeem
8 Mark Hunt
9 Roy Nelson

This freakshow fight between two big dudes does nothing to put the other any closer towards a title shot. While Roy has gotten beaten up already by #1, #2, and #6, it's kinda hard to argue for him getting a top 5 opponent after only knocking out what has become of Minotauro. But a matchup against Travis Browne (who is coming off a loss), Bigfoot (coming off juice), or Barnett (coming off loss) would still be money. All 3 of those guys are due for a "punishment" type of matchup where they have to fight some non-fancy "big" fight that you fight when you get your ass kicked. And Pretty Boy Roy lives for those suicide matchups against big guys with huge explosive.

At worst, Roy versus Gonzaga on a Fightpass Brazil card wouldn't be bad, either.

But please anything other than this "just bleed" novelty shit. Japan always deserves better.

Personally, I feel like Hunto won that fight against Bigfoot. And the fact that Bigfoot juiced also basically means Mark won that fight double by my standards. I have Mark Hunt in the top 5. Before the Cigano loss, he had a nice 4 fight win streak with 3 utterly gangster finishes. Hello operator, please give him somebody other than #9.

Roy just knocked out a legend in Big Nog and is deserving of another top fighter, just not Hunt.

Hunt already fought Overeem and Barnett. Those fights are out of the question. Especially since we should see as many PRIDE vs UFC fights as we can while the PRIDE fighters are still active. Werdum is about to fight Cain. Cigano gets Overeem when Cigano heals up and Overeem completes Jackson Camp. I think we're ALL clear on this.

This leaves Browne or Miocic. I want Miocic. Let Browne fight Roy or Rothwell or anybody else.

This fight is far from a freak show, if you want to see a freaks how then watch Couture/Toney.

It's not always about what fight makes more sense or where it will get the other guy. This should be an exciting matchup, both guys have KO power and iron chins, has all the material to be a fun fight and that's all I really care about.

So you're bitching that a top 10 fighter...is fighting ANOTHER top 10 fighter? Is this real life?

I will watch it.

I will enjoy it.

That is all.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Don't expect to not have any trouble understanding the problems with this matchup if you've been watching MMA > 2007 since this means you don't understand MMA as well as... anyone with sense. C'mon now.

Dont know how anyone can be upset with this matchup.

Are you afraid Hunt is going to lose? You seem like a nervous fan boy. Hunt will win take it easy man.

I agree with you TS.
But mainly because I like Hunt and want him to fight a top 5 opponent. Would love to see Hunt get a title shot even if his chances of winning are slim. He is getting on now, how many fights are left in him?

Im thrilled this fight is happening. 2 heavy handed, granite chin HW's that will slug it out until one is left standing. Hunt via KO

I love how people go nuts for rankings.

Look, this is a fight people want to see. If you want to go by rankings, watch the BCS, everyone seems to love that system!

Stopped reading by "freakshow fight". I'm gonna tap into my inner Dana and go "Are you a f*cking fight fan?"

yes please, i think it would be a legendary fight like bigfoot/hunt

You're a fool thinking this is a bad match up. You will witness the Bang Of The Century.
War Hunto!

I love how people go nuts for rankings.

Look, this is a fight people want to see. If you want to go by rankings, watch the BCS, everyone seems to love that system!

BCS is done bro. This past year was its last

Back