Hunt vs Nelson continues the trend of staggeringly wretched matchmaking

Don't expect to not have any trouble understanding the problems with this matchup if you've been watching MMA > 2007 since this means you don't understand MMA as well as... anyone with sense. C'mon now.

Says 2011 join date.

This is a great matchup. It's a pickem as far as I'm concerned.

I have a bad feeling Hunt might be in for some of the ol' belly on face cheeseburger crucifix, but he has seemingly improved a ton so we'll see.

It baffles me that anyone - ANYONE - could have a problem with this fight.
Pull your panties outta yer ass and grab some popcorn. Its gonna be a helluva show.

This fight has awesome written all over it. Some people just can't be satisfied.

35knxmo-1.gif

I dont really want to see Roy Nelson fight anyone so yes I agree its a
bad match.

1 Fabricio Werdum
2 Junior Dos Santos
3 Travis Browne
4 Antonio Silva
5 Josh Barnett
6 Stipe Miocic
7 Alistair Overeem
8 Mark Hunt
9 Roy Nelson

This freakshow fight between two big dudes does nothing to put the other any closer towards a title shot.

Stopped reading here...rankings have zero relevance in match making and EVERY fight gets you closer/further from a title shot.

who in the fuck bitches about this fight, seriously dude holy FUCK.

Stopped reading here...rankings have zero relevance in match making and EVERY fight gets you closer/further from a title shot.

Yeah in the UFC having an exciting fight means more than beating a guy ranked higher than you.

Not sure how anyone could not enjoy this match up.

You have a point TS, but I love this fight.

Hunt vs Roy - Main event
Overeem vs Barnett - Co-main

In Japan bitches, this would sell so much in Japan.

Hunt ain't winning no championship. Let it go, TS. This is a fun matchup.

Last edited:
These two could fight each other every event from now until the end of time as far as I'm concerned. The more big, heavy, KO artists in the UFC, the better imo. If we're going to be subjected to 135lbs pillow fights every event, at least give us a real fight between real fighters once in a while.

This freakshow fight between two big dudes does nothing to put the other any closer towards a title shot.

You need a win streak to get a shot, so yes its better to fight agaisnt low top 10 then get 2 top 5 back to back.

Its also a nice exposure fight..main event

Two top 10 guys fighting against each other when most of the other top 10 guys aren't available for a number of reasons (injured, suspended, fights lined up already or just fought a short time ago) doesn't make sense to you? Sorry about your mental defect, OP.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shut it?

Awesome fight. Two guys with huge KO power who also have astounding chins and endless heart. Yeah, we better avoid it.

The burger guy is gonna get lit up like a beef burger!

Back