How you rate Nick Diaz's performance against GSP?

That was an awful fight. Nick did absolutely nothing and pretty much got manhandled all night.

Condit was competitive for all of 30 seconds.

Before the hail mary headkick Condit was looking to be GSP's easiest fight.

condit was the most competitive out of everyone on my list imo was the point. only one you could argue besides condit really i guess is jake shields. shields score should have been higher if anything, two judges did say he won rounds 4 and 5 against GSP.

He didn't get beaten down and he managed to somehow stuff a lot of GSP's takedowns. He did alright, performed better than Fitch, Alves, Penn, Hughes, Serra, etc., against GSP than they did. He lost but wasn't dominated, imo.

Can't say I was amazed with him or GSP, though. The fight sucked and didn't come remotely close to living up to the hype.

1/10. didnt even show he at least deserved that TS

What now? He will show another C level performance against Johnny.

Nick started to land a bit as the fight wore on and pinged him with a few nice shots, stuffed some take downs, but in recent years Georges has seemed to slow down. When both guys were fresh there was absolutely zero doubt who was the better MMA gamer.

Georges is a nightmare matchup for Nick. Those saying Condit did well - you can keep in mind he was summarily run over the entire fight save for the totally awkward kick he managed to land - from which Georges recovered, regrouped and took over the round.

The only guy in modern era MMA who made Georges look beatable was Hendricks, who arguably won. Either way he beat him up and fought his fight.

Diaz and everybody else where forced to fight on Georges terms.

Pulled guard, got hit with one elbow and it was over.

He hid his face in the mat and crawled away for 20 mins. Then took cheap shots.

Probably his worst performance ever.

He landed one good punch. A body punch, when GSP was asked aboot in the post press conference, he didn't remember feeling it.

It was just okay....6/10 if I was being generous. The fact that 70% of voters in that Fox poll think he should get a shot at the title again (after a year of inactivity, turning down fights) is absolutely bewildering to me.

What he did well: stuffed more takedowns than I expected he would, and was doing pretty good in the clinch.

Where he lacked: Got out-struck, out-wrestled, lost every round, took cheap shots after the bell, went on to talk a bunch of trash even though he lost all rounds in every aspect of the fight.

So yeah no that great of a performance. Not really helping him make a case for getting a shot at Hendricks after 2 losses either.

What he did well: stuffed more takedowns than I expected he would, and was doing pretty good in the clinch.

Where he lacked: Got out-struck[/], out-wrestled, lost every round, took cheap shots after the bell, went on to talk a bunch of trash even though he lost all rounds in every aspect of the fight.

So yeah no that great of a performance. Not really helping him make a case for getting a shot at Hendricks after 2 losses either.

Tbh with u guys... go rewatch the fight. GSP was there to do everything he could to avoid the fight. Laid on him in that turtle position pretty much the whole time and stayed as far away from him on the feet as possible.

I think it was rd 4 when gsp actually tried to engage meaningfully on the feet, and nick lit him up. All the damage gsp received in that fight was from like 3 mins of trying to fight and he got beat up! So he went back to avoiding a fight and rode out another supremely boring decision.

Edit: can't edit cuz on dubs but I meant to bold the 'he got outstruck' part. compustrike doesn't mean shit guys

he did better than dan hardy, but took less damage than fitch, bj, etc

Tbh with u guys... go rewatch the fight. GSP was there to do everything he could to avoid the fight. Laid on him in that turtle position pretty much the whole time and stayed as far away from him on the feet as possible.

I think it was rd 4 when gsp actually tried to engage meaningfully on the feet, and nick lit him up. All the damage gsp received in that fight was from like 3 mins of trying to fight and he got beat up! So he went back to avoiding a fight and rode out another supremely boring decision.

Just rewatched round 4.

Diaz lands nothing good until GSP locks up a clinch, and Diaz lands a couple body shots. All the better shots are landed by GSP and fight metric agrees with me.

He starts doing some wacky hand movements near the end of the round.

Back