How you rate Nick Diaz's performance against GSP?

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd give 5/10. He did nothing to impress me. Condit did great against the champ. I was like after all of this hype and trash talk you're showing performance like this.

1/10...He did nothing to impress GSP either...

he really shouldn't have even gotten a title shot....

he did nothing at all to GSP...

for nick rounds 1 and 2 i'd give him a 2/10 , nick did nothing significant,for rounds 3-5 i'd say 6/10 ... being generous with the 6 outta 10 b/c nick stuffed a couple GSP takedowns in rounds 3-5 and also "started" to get his boxing going . landing a nice body shot on GSP round 4 i believe and just looked more comfortable those rounds.
condits gets the highest rating against GSP since serra I imo.

I didn't like that fight at all even tho I usually like both GSP & Diaz fights. It was kinda sloppy.

All Diaz did was turtle when it went to the ground. He just hid behind the fact that GSP can't hit the back of his head.
Then he took two cheap shots after the bell.
He was terrible.

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

Last edited:
The only thing Diaz did was towards the end of the fight, he started tagging GSP a bit. GSP actually looked tired, and he admitted to it after the fight. He said it was weird because he didn't usually feel that way in a fight.

All Diaz did was turtle when it went to the ground. He just hid behind the fact that GSP can't hit the back of his head.
Then he took two cheap shots after the bell.
He was terrible.

Yeah, that's true. And by no means I wanna bash GSP, but that was also his worst win by far. He did no damage with his GnP & didn't even try to take Diaz's back or go for any other subs even when Diaz was turtled.

Why in the hell Diaz didn't close the guard and use his BJJ?

The only thing Diaz did was towards the end of the fight, he started tagging GSP a bit. GSP actually looked tired, and he admitted to it after the fight. He said it was weird because he didn't usually feel that way in a fight.

GSP started to gas late in the 3rd early in the 4th IIRC (havent watched the fight in ages). Sometime around then.

i am a diaz fan, but i believe if diaz can out in the 1st round like in did in the 3rd round the fight would have been closer. and honestly if we rated the fighters performance against GSP i'd look like this:
condit-7/10
diaz-3/10
jake shields- 2/10
koscheck 3/10
dan hardy - 2/10
alves - 3/10
and so on...

Yeah, Condit was his best opponent yet. Even though that fight was lopsided, in the end, the one headkick really shook things up for me, being a GSP fan.

Oh, how I remember the hype for this fight on Sherdog.

"Listen, you uneducated fool."

Back