How you rate Nick Diaz's performance against GSP?

Didn't do too good but GSP did basically no serious damage whatsoever, himself.

He displayed serious deficiencies in his (GSP's) clinch.

Theres a reason why JWP went to Tristar.

Based on this video Diaz won decisively :icon_lol:.

I guess you have to give him some credit for his striking. Especially if you compare how Condit fought against him versus how Condit fought against GSP.

Based on this video Diaz won decisively :icon_lol:.

I guess you have to give him some credit for his striking. Especially if you compare how Condit fought against him versus how Condit fought against GSP.

I still think Diaz has put far too much credit upon his hands ever since he KO'd Robbie Lawler. Dude has an excellent guard and it looked like total shit against GSP. I still think he could have subbed him from the bottom had he maintained a high and active guard rather than trying to stand up.

lose the fight, complain that you think he had a mole who stole the gameplan, complain the AC cheated gsp, demanded a rematch, had jake shields complain the wraps were improper, lost 50-45 ... retires again

I wouldnt because he didnt perform

I dont think Diaz could beat GSP's meat but I did expect him to come out much more aggressive and while not win at least make it entertaining. Diaz looked intimidated, I think GSP was much faster and more powerful than he expected. I will not say Diaz was scared because I dont think he is afraid of anything (including the IRS) but he didnt want to be in the ring with GSP starting at the 1:30 minute mark of round one

3/10

Playing turtle guard and hunting desperate kneebars on perhaps the greatest top control player in MMA history, then whining about a spying conspiracy when he didn't get the sub.

It was honestly pretty pathetic.

I still think Diaz has put far too much credit upon his hands ever since he KO'd Robbie Lawler. Dude has an excellent guard and it looked like total shit against GSP. I still think he could have subbed him from the bottom had he maintained a high and active guard rather than trying to stand up.

imo he should have played the guard game, GSP did no damage and was still tired (not gassed) after a few rounds. Constantly trying to get up while not doing much in the standup wasn't very smart.
And on the feet Nick also seemed off, he literally stopped fighting in the 4th round at one point when he was gaining momentum just to walk around a bit.
But aso because GSP's threat of the takedown, but when GSP wanted to strike for a little with Nick, he couldn't get his rhytm going.
Very bad preparation for his biggest fight ever and the one he wanted the most.

Very odd fight actually where neither fighter looked good

What was shocking was that GSP ended up having the advantage on the feet, working from a Karate range.

But in the clinch, Nick was outmaneuvering him. I was shocked, he turned GSP in to cage and won the battle of the hooks and control. Also, he managed to stuff takedowns from GSP, and looked to be the fresher fighter towards the end.

Just unthinkable. I never expected this. But yea, GSP neutralized Nick Diaz perfectly. Gameplanned to death.

Diaz couldn't do anything off his back, and when he was on his feet GSP controlled the striking with his superman jabs.

I would love it if Nick Diaz had a proper training camp and works on a gameplan through it.

There's only so much that 'taunting' gets you as a gameplan. Against average fighters, sure it would work. But eventually you're going to fight top guys, and top guys whom are smart... and they're not going to take bait... like in the case of Condit and GSP.

He needs to train smart, and fight smart. That Nick Diaz would be scary for anyone in the WW division.

Diaz didn't perform well. He said it was from lack of sleep, which is believable for a guy that suffers from anxiety, going into the biggest fight of his life. He started to pick it up a bit in the later rounds, but his striking wasn't as effective because he had to focus on defending the takedown. He started to put it together in round 3, and it looked like he had GSP dazed just a little, but he couldn't keep his momentum going in the last 2 rounds.

I thought going into that fight that Diaz would dominate on the ground (boy was I wrong) but then he did clip gsp at one point, I thought for sure tko in the near future (then i was wrong again)

The only person i want GSP to fight before he retires is Nick again.

He did about as good as he is ever going to do against GSP. Probably about 6/10. He stuffed some takedowns and did some good clinch work later in the fight. He's a well-rounded, but fairly limited fighter. He's too slow and has some fairly easily exploited technical flaws that a smart, reasonably athletic fighter can take advantage of without having to worry about Diaz making an adjustment. He's a really tough guy, has great conditioning, but he's never been anywhere near as good as his fans have tried to make him out to be. If somebody fights his game, he's death, if not, he's a pretty average fighter and GSP is never going to be dumb enough to do that. So yes, he lost every round and wasn't ever in the fight much, but as far as all things are considered, a pretty good performance as far as Diaz is concerned, he likely isn't capable of much more against a guy like GSP.

It was a pathetic performance. For all of the talk up to the fight, he was one of GSP's easiest opponents. What happened to "So you are gonna take me down? Then you are going to have problems on the ground."?

It proved Diaz belonged nowhere near the top of the card and isn't well rounded enough to hang in the UFC. Sorry Diaz fans.

Diaz didn't perform well. He said it was from lack of sleep, which is believable for a guy that suffers from anxiety, going into the biggest fight of his life. He started to pick it up a bit in the later rounds, but his striking wasn't as effective because he had to focus on defending the takedown. He started to put it together in round 3, and it looked like he had GSP dazed just a little, but he couldn't keep his momentum going in the last 2 rounds.

exactly what im saying. if nick started round 1 like he started round 3, then its possibly he could have boxed up GSP better and stuffed takedowns much better as well. but GSP probably would have still won,, but it would have been a more entertaining fight .

That fight was boring.

Diaz's performance was mediocre and he was taken down so easily.

Back