How you rate Nick Diaz's performance against GSP?

2/10. Never threatened from the ground at all, spent a ton of time just turtled up. The 2 points are for a couple of nice combinations he landed in the later rounds. But he really did next to nothing. I wasn't expecting much and got even less.

Terribly. He did absolutely nothing.

He did well at times, but those times were few and far between. I can't quantify it, but I'll say that I was disappointed, especially when they were on the ground.

he got the fight with his mouth, so in that aspect, he did really well - people were nuts here over 'wolf tickets' and sht like that for a while even if people knew the fight wouldnt be competitive - id say that is pretty damn good work

he got the fight with his mouth, so in that aspect, he did really well - people were nuts here over 'wolf tickets' and sht like that for a while even if people knew the fight wouldnt be competitive - id say that is pretty damn good work

His performance on the conference call was P4P GOAT. No question.

"This fuckin' soccer mom pulls up ..."

I was not impressed.

2/10. He did bad. and so did GSP.

One of GSP's most boring fights ever, and that says something right there.

Not that I put all the blame on him... but pretty sure thats the least amount of damage GSP has ever inflicted in a fight.

Can't Nick get a fight where someone wants to beat him up? Of course he's bored!!

highly disappointing. i thought it would be a very competitive fight, and i even gave nick a good chance at finding a way to win.

4/10 and one of the points is just for showing up.

He did a good job of not taking too much damage but little else. Pretty lacklustre.

Diaz did better in the later rounds......but no way he can beat GSP

All Diaz did was turtle when it went to the ground. He just hid behind the fact that GSP can't hit the back of his head.
Then he took two cheap shots after the bell.
He was terrible.

This

i am a diaz fan, but i believe if diaz can out in the 1st round like in did in the 3rd round the fight would have been closer. and honestly if we rated the fighters performance against GSP i'd look like this:
condit-7/10
diaz-3/10
jake shields- 2/10
koscheck 3/10
dan hardy - 2/10
alves - 3/10
and so on...

Condit was competitive for all of 30 seconds.

Before the hail mary headkick Condit was looking to be GSP's easiest fight.

How would I rate Diaz's performance against GSP?

10/10 for using the turtle position.
10/10 for mounting offense after the bell.
1/10 for creating offense when allowed.

GSP said he felt weak the morning of the fight because of the flu. It's probably true since that was his only pro fight where he gassed a little.

When Diaz started stuffing GSP's takedowns and tagging him in the 3rd, i thought GSP was in big trouble but Diaz did nothing in the 4th and 5th, very odd. I guess a gassed GSP is still better than Diaz. After the fight, GSP said body shots don't affect him at all.

I think people are hard on Nick for that fight, but I thought both fighters looked like garbage that night. Nick made it clear he can stuff GSP, and also made it clear that GSP can be worn down. Aside from that it was a boring, a-typical fight for either fighter. I do want to see a rematch though. Georges and Nick are starting to get older and might not have a lot of time left.

Poor. He got a nice bodyshot in, that's really all I can remember that he did.

Back