How you rate Nick Diaz's performance against GSP?

He looked just as useless as almost everybody else GSP has dominated in recent fights. Condit is the only guy in a while to give GSP a scare!

Rating 0/10

2/10, for stopping one or two TD in later rounds, everything else was just pathetic. I think Diaz just came to get his paycheck that day

And I rate GSP performance even worse. After all that talk and the insults, years of Diaz calling GSP all kinds of names, after all that GSP just hops around Diaz back from one side to another without any attempt to lock up some sub because hey, that's really dangerous. God forbid you lose a position in effort to finish the fight. GSP really disappointed me in that fight. If ever was the time to have a reason to finish some fight then it was this fight. If fact he does everything in his power not to take any, not one, risk to finish the fight.

I guess GSP who wanted to finish Serra and Hughes is gone, its all 50/45 now

I don't care what GSP does in the future, he can decision all contenders till he is 40 I will not be impressed (pun intended)

"Worst beating" and "Don't blink" :rolleyes:

He looked just as useless as almost everybody else GSP has dominated in recent fights. Condit is the only guy in a while to give GSP a scare!

Rating 0/10

You mean that 1 kick that landed and dazed GSP momentarily, before being completely dominated for the rest of the fight?

You mean that 1 kick that landed and dazed GSP momentarily, before being completely dominated for the rest of the fight?

Seemed like Condit got some decent GNP afterwards with GSP on his back. Georges certainly looked it after the fight.

Seemed like Condit got some decent GNP afterwards with GSP on his back. Georges certainly looked it after the fight.

Condit still lost that round.

Seriously, he was dominated the ENTIRE fight. His only saving grace is that he landed that kick... otherwise it would have been worse than Evans VS Davis type of domination.

As far as being effective with his offense, it wasn't much of a performance. But that's not the whole story. Diaz did some good things against GSP and put himself in a position to win a Diaz kind of fight.

Round one was nothing but GSP styling on him. Nick looked like he had nothing and we were in for a shitty fight.

But as the fight went on, Diaz was stuffing takedowns, escaping bottom position with ease, and forcing a ton of striking exchanges. It happens that GSP is a much better striker than Nick, but it doesn't take away from Nick doing well in the grappling aside from round one. He gets credit for pushing a hard pace, nearly gassing out the champ, getting some good punches in and turning that fight into his style of fight. There was nothing else he could do. He fought hard, fought well, and in the end GSP was just a lot better. People should give Nick more credit for that fight.

nick put on a terrible performance that fight. he didn't let his hands go. I honestly feel that if he slapped gsp enough he could get in his head but he didn't even try. It was a terrible fight for both guys imo.

nick put on a terrible performance that fight. he didn't let his hands go. I honestly feel that if he slapped gsp enough he could get in his head but he didn't even try. It was a terrible fight for both guys imo.

When are people going to realize that some fighters do not allow you to just "let your hands go" the way you want to? Maybe by 2035 people will understand.

I'd say impressive and sad at the same time:

Sad: The way Diaz wandered around aimlessly in the later rounds when he should have been trying to finish the fight was pretty pathetic considering Diaz's skill level. The Diaz and his team complained about wraps, steroids, etc after the fight was also really lame. The excuses Diaz made for his performance also were pretty lacking in class.

Impressive: Diaz kept GSP working hard most of the fight, and there were moments when Diaz was clearly being the more effective fighter.

Before the fight I thought that Diaz would get owned for every moment of the fight and would possibly even get stopped in the later rounds due to damage. Instead, Diaz avoided most damage, bloodied up GSP a bit, and at the end of the fight, Diaz looked the fresher of the two.

I hate Diaz's attitude, but a matchup with GSP actually seems like a matchup Diaz could win if maybe he was given like 10 rounds instead of 5...

kind of bad.
-he crawled away from the grappling aspect; granted GSP had his back but it was his only chance to grapple
-he slowed down in the 5th round

I'd give 5/10. He did nothing to impress me. Condit did great against the champ. I was like after all of this hype and trash talk you're showing performance like this.

Digging the dead up from the grave?

The forgotten title fight, because he did nothing.

I thought going into that fight that Diaz would dominate on the ground (boy was I wrong) but then he did clip gsp at one point, I thought for sure tko in the near future (then i was wrong again)

For serious?

He couldn't do much aside from some decent shots to the head in the later rounds when GSP wasn't able to take him down at will.

His cardio helped him to not get dominated later on, but Georges was still winning. Do I think he could do much better? Early on, yes. Otherwise, not much. Keeping that in mind, a 6.

I thought he did great with the tools he had. he tangled GSP up and limited GSPs ability to do any damage on the ground. and I thought he got out struck but only by a little bit. it was a good effort against one of the more dominant fighters of all time. 6/10.

He did pretty well, landed some nice shots, should have been more adventurous on the ground.
Unfortunately, stylistically a guy like GSP against a guy like him, Nick gets 10-9'd into oblivion. He needed to make the most of a moment to win that fight, like Condit (almost) did.

IMO, just because one guy wins 5 straight 10-9 rounds doesn't mean a fight isn't competitive. Especially if they're up against a finisher who is supposed to be looking for that one moment.
GSP's fights with Diaz and Condit were FAR more competitive than his fights with Hardy, Alves, or Kos. Despite the scoring of rounds, I don't think the Shields fight was very competitive either; not only was Shields falling behind but he had no ability to make that one big play against GSP.

Just watched the whole fight again. It was terribly boring. GSP was hurting Nick with the elbows. Diaz didn't like it and started rolling and turtling.

Back