How you rate Nick Diaz's performance against GSP?

He crawled away from the ground fight 3 times vs. Georges that night. As a black belt representing Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu, I don't think Cesar was impressed.

When the final bell sounded, he was on the wrong end of a rape choke getting punched in the face by Georges.

He started to pick it up a bit in the later rounds, but his striking wasn't as effective because he had to focus on defending the takedown. He started to put it together in round 3, and it looked like he had GSP dazed just a little, but he couldn't keep his momentum going in the last 2 rounds.

209 Goggles are to a hopeless Diaz performance what Beer Goggles are to a bar full of fatties... :D

Diaz shit the bed against GSP. That 'performance' is best forgotten for all concerned. It was a 'non-performance'.

hendricks, condit, diaz, then everyone else (of those who lost)...he gets a five. gsp looked tired in late rounds, nick hung tough, but he had a slow start and didn't do enough.

I'd give 5/10. He did nothing to impress me. Condit did great against the champ. I was like after all of this hype and trash talk you're showing performance like this.

I'd say rusty. And that's being nice.

209 Goggles are to a hopeless Diaz performance what Beer Goggles are to a bar full of fatties... :D

Diaz had GSP in more trouble in round 3 than GSP had Diaz in the entire fight. Nothing I said here was wrong. It was still a very dominant victory for GSP. You're acting like I'm saying something ridiculous. Also, that post was September of last year... Get over it; I have.

GSP made Diaz look like a child trying to fight a man. The definition of pwned.

I know, Diaz beat Lawler and Lawler looked good against Hendricks, but I doubt Diaz would beat either guy at this point. He's too inactive.

He was more impressive in the later rounds

Well let's see he lost every round and it was a lopsided 50 to 45 decision so I'd say not very good.

It was cringeworthy indeed. Shameful after all the talk he could not walk the walk.

He spent most of the fight practicing bear attack drills so, yeah. Not great.

Pretty much what anyone with a brain expected tho. At least he worked up enough nerve to actually get in there that time tho instead of running out the back door.

god awful, nick fought with no sense of urgency or anything at all, I remember him actually just literally standing there not doing ANYTHING at one point in like the 4th round. He hit GSP with a good body shot late in the fight too and didn't capitalize on it.

About a 1.5/10. That may be a bit generous though.

Pathetic.

GSP made Diaz striking and JJ look like crap.

He didn't have anything for Georges.

Goldie and Joegan had to emphasize anything Nick could land and negate saying some of GSP's offense to make the fight seem more competitive than it was.

Back