How would Tony Ferguson do going up to Welterweight?

After him and werdum almost brawled he decided never to challenge anyone in a higher weight class.
Same sense got boomeranged into Colby

He relies too much on his chin. I think he gets finished by a lof of heavy handed dudes there.

Also grapplefucked by Usman.

It seems to me that Cucuy would do just fine.
But he gets tagged a lot, takes a lot of punches on every fight, and in almost every fight he gets dropped. I guess is the price to pay for such a relentless pace, but against bigger guys that will be clearly a problem.

He has one punch KO power at WW and would most likely win the belt there.

Unpopular opinion.

Would dominate any weightclass he'd go to from featherweight to welterweight.

There's a reason that Tony does everything that he possibly can go keep his wormlike physique

He’d beat most to a pulp but would lose to usman, colby,masvidal and WB. Those guys are horrible matchups for him.

easily? RDA was winning until his eye got molested by Ferg. He deserved the win but it wasn't an easy win.
It was semi competitive for like 8 minutes. The eye poke was blatant though. Tony has a lot of fights where he used a bad foul to take over. Barboza being a big example as well. But tony killed him rounds 3-5 tho. At like 9a.m. i got up because Tony is must see in the cage

Last edited:
I think he'd have problems with the top of the division. There'd be a good chance that Masvidal or Woodley would decapitate him if Tony tried his typical standing pressure routine. On the ground, not sure he could hang with Usman, Colby, or Woodley.

With enough prep time to fill out I'd be real interested in a Tony vs Usman match up.

suppose Tony Ferguson loses to Khabib via submission
and Tony Ferguson goes up to WW to try his luck.. how successful would he be?
Tony used to knock people out at WW and he said once he came to LW the opponent got alot faster
how would his bottom game be against a guy like Usman or Colby

If his tuf run is any indication tony has deceptive power at ww

Tony + punching power = scary

He would do great, he already fought most of his career at WW and did very well.

You can't really say, how will his power be ? What about his chin ? And the cardio with the added weight?

I think he'd struggle with those big wrestlers but wouldn't get destroyed.

tony was getting murdered by lee, till lee gassed....tony gets taken down easy...
Agreed, but Tony fights off his back probably better than anyone else. Something that none of Khabib, Colby, or Usman have seen.

I'd love to see it at this stage. Look how easily he dispatched RDA at altitude. Now imagine the pace he gets to put on after the ww cut instead of the 15 lbs to lw. Hed be a terminator

What? Easily dispatched RDA you say? He won the last 2 rounds on all 3 cards to win a very close 48-47 UD.

I'm one of the bigger bona fide Ferg nuthuggers here, wasn't nothing easy about that fight for either guy.

Agreed, but Tony fights off his back probably better than anyone else. Something that none of Khabib, Colby, or Usman have seen.

just not sure tony is going to catch khabib in a submission...khabib is pretty well versed in submissions.

Back