Media Do people still want to watch McGregor fighting? Or just wanna see him hurt?

I don't care about his idiocy but I love watching him fight.

His two losses against Poirier were brilliant fights.

People wrote him off which was ridiculous.

If he is even 80% at 35years old with ring-rust, then that is enough for me to get excited.

People struggle to have a balanced view on his ability.

Even when McGregor does nothing, people like TS can’t stop talking about him. When McGregor has breakfast, farts, shows up anywhere it creates a buzz. How many threads on sherdog because McGregor posted something on social media? As long as people like TS get excited over McGregor, McGregor will be around.

I'd like to see him compete because I think he really loves it, but they need to carefully choose his opponents. I don't want the UFC to do their bs where they try to make a name for an up and comer at his expense.

I want to see the skill, the speed, the precision.. I wunt to see em rifle um down.

i wish any fighter to face their match
its hard to book todays conrad against top10 lw where conrad would have fair chances to win

I imagine people are hoping to see vintage McGregor make a comeback.

Am I excited to see him make a return? Hell no. He's washed up, inactive and hasn't tasted a good win in a very long time.

Dude, I make fun of Conor as much as anyone.. but he's not losing to cm punk or anyone outside of the top 10.

He's still a few fights/years from getting starched by an unranked guy (not that he would ever fight an unranked fighter).

I hear you, but he did display an extremely low IQ in the leg break fight. He kicked Doostin repeatedly like an angry retar...hmm, what do we say nowadays...the polite way to say the R-word is...Shedogger...yes, he kicked Doostin repeatedly like an angry Sherdogger. He either broke his own leg assuming it was fresh or he repeatedly threw hard shots with a limb that he knew was already compromised if you believe the rumors.

He has already become a stick in the mud compared to touch-butt Conor. His movement will be even more limited with the leg surgery. His chin has been cracked by Mayweather and Doostin. People know he isn't an invincible force anymore so they aren't brainwashed by the Conor Mystique. Plus, ring rust from inactivity.

Punk and Jackson are, I believe, quite a bit taller than McG with longer reach which are things he struggles with. I think it's 50/50 for Conor at this point versus even a bad fighter that is at least somewhat active. Versus any good fighter? Conor loses virtually 100% of the time minus freak stuff like a blind ref, incompetent/corrupt judges, opponent has a heart attack/aneurysm, etc..

The majority of Sherdog just want him training so they can get more pictures of his hog in tight shorts.

Website needs to be renamed to Sherhog.

Only good thing Conor can do is bring back hype into the UFC. I can't imagine the old Conor ever returning after his time binging drinking and riding yachts. They could probably let his use all the steroids and he would still lose because of his mentality.

I enjoyed his run up the ladder …..but I’m bored of it at this point

I'd like to see how far he can go at 170. I always prefer established names stick around. It's more interesting than generic Gen Z Create a Fighter's.

You must be lost bro, this is an MMA forum. We watch people hurt each other nearly every day.

Your post doesn’t even make sense. “Brain injuries are cool but I wouldn’t want to see someone get hurt”
If you’re in MMA just because you want to hurt people or see people get hurt, you must be an absolute dummy.

Last edited:
Any fight with Mcg in it I want to see him hurt. But at this point he'll bulk up to get gassed easier. His announcement is sketchy AF; MW and with Chandler? Nah.

Back