How well does Ilia does against Islam?

If he beats Islam, then great.
If he loses, that means Islam padded his record against another FW.

It's a lose-lose situation for Islam, that's why the Kuffar are pushing for it.
Bruh this cracked me up lol. Well done my boy.

Ilia looked absolutely tiny against Max. Styles make fights, I don’t think ilia is thick/stout enough physically (no Diddy) to handle Islam’s grappling in the way Volk could. Islam would grapple him to death and eventually sub him imo. Ilia could beat a shit ton of striking based LWs though, he’s that good.

Not well imo. But hey, Topuria is something
else isn’t he.

Illia is just too tiny IMO

It they were the same size Illia sparks him. But because he's so short I give Islam the edge

Would bet on Islam. He won't be afraid to take Ilia down and he will. He has a better ground game and would be bigger and stronger.

If Ilia could be somewhat competitive, or lose a UD, it would require the obvious rematch, OC this will grind 145/155 to an 18 month halt….
<WhatItIs>

People really think Topuria would stand a chance? He would be greatly disadvantaged in the clinch and in terms of wrestling due to the size difference.

Ilia is the final evolution of MMA

wrestling -> striker with sprawl -> dagestani wrestling -> Ilia

A lot of people will say Islam gets KOed. But those same people will whine about Islam beating another FW after the fight.

Ilia is too small, I think Islam would wrestle fuck him, and sure Volk did well in the grappling exchanges and we all know Ilia is well rounded but Volk is a much thicker guy who can pack on the pounds a little easier from the looks of things and wasn't that undersized in terms of weight.

Maybe Ilia can catch him early but I wouldn't bet on it, Islam by sub or decision.

Islam wins - he beats another FW and avoiding real challengers

Islam loses - he got favorable match ups until he ran into a real challenge.

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Ilia looked absolutely tiny against Max. Styles make fights, I don’t think ilia is thick/stout enough physically (no Diddy) to handle Islam’s grappling in the way Volk could. Islam would grapple him to death and eventually sub him imo. Ilia could beat a shit ton of striking based LWs though, he’s that good.
Idk, Islams grappling is kinda overrated at this point. He struggled to takedown and control Dustin/Volk, and Ilia is as good as them or better at grappling. I actually think Ilia would clip Islam in a clinch situation and finish with a TKO or something.

Lol if Islam got ICED by Adriano Martins...

tumblr_nvomsie9v41tugoyjo2_500.gifv

Can you imagine what Topuria would do to him? ^

How many threads do we need about this? I give Ilia a 50/50 shot of just getting through Evloev and Lopes. He beat the two greats at the back end of their careers, now he's gotta fight surging, deserved prospects...something Volk never did.
C'mon Husky, Evloev has at best a 30% shot of beating Ilia. Dude doesn't have the power to back him off and his wrestling is not as imposing as you'd hope out of an undefeated Russian. There's many performances you can point out for Movsar where he's looked underwhelming, look past the undefeated record and see that he's actually mid.

Lopes is a fun one and does possess enough danger to make things interesting early, but his spotty record and cardio lead me to believe that a 5 rounder vs a well rounded guy like Topuria, who can match his stopping power while having better technique, will be a big hurdle to overcome.

Back