How much would ground game be effect if there were NO rules

Watch Shogun in Pride.

The dirty fighters would be looking for eyepokes groinshots and footstomps in the stand up.

You're saying that you'd need to pay some Kung-Fu guy to teach you how to kick another guy in the dick and how to grab at another guy's ball sacks and yanking on them? And you'd consider even doing this with other dudes in a Kung-Fu joint, for as long as it takes to get good at it?
No, because none of them have fighting experience. Kung Fu arts used to be used in real fighting and were real martial arts. They've been lost to time. Imagine if boxing stopped competing for a hundred years and no video footage existed. All the knowledge gained from competition would be lost and it'd suck. All the boxing gyms teaching "boxing" after 100 years of no competition would be fake boxing gyms like cardio boxing gyms and LARP boxing. If you can get me a Kung Fu guy from 300 years ago that has experience fighting in competition using eye gouges, nut shots, throat grabs, etc -- hell yeah I'd pay him to teach me how to fight like that.

No, because none of them have fighting experience. Kung Fu arts used to be used in real fighting and were real martial arts. They've been lost to time. Imagine if boxing stopped competing for a hundred years and no video footage existed. All the knowledge gained from competition would be lost and it'd suck. All the boxing gyms teaching "boxing" after 100 years of no competition would be fake boxing gyms like cardio boxing gyms and LARP boxing. If you can get me a Kung Fu guy from 300 years ago that has experience fighting in competition using eye gouges, nut shots, throat grabs, etc -- hell yeah I'd pay him to teach me how to fight like that.
Just watch enough MMA content from the early days until now and all the dirty tricks are already in there.

There is no no need for a time machine. Nut shots and eye pokes happen.

Once you understand when they could happen because you have seen it enough and comprehend the mechanical opportunity you'll see the opportunity during MMA matches you are watching.

Just watch enough MMA content from the early days until now and all the dirty tricks are already in there.

There is no no need for a time machine. Nut shots and eye pokes happen.

Once you understand when they could happen because you have seen it enough and comprehend the mechanical opportunity you'll see the opportunity during MMA matches you are watching.
See how much striking and grappling have evolved since 1993 and they have no resemblance to 1993 anymore? The same would happen with those techniques. Entire martial arts would be developed around them. Saying that a muay thai guy could just start using nut shots and eye rakes and a BJJ guy could just start using smalljoint manipulation/ grabbing throats/ eye rakes/ fish hooking etc and that's the end of it is bullshit. They'd fare as well against someone adept at using those techniques in competition evolved martial arts as Royce Gracie's grappling would against Jon Jones' grappling.

Needs to the head of a grounded opponent would basically make wrestlers unstoppable

The game changes when you can bite off fingers and crush throats.

A 90lb 12yr old could bite off your finger with plenty of strength to spare.

People say an adult male chimp could beat any human because of this.

It’s hard to believe that a top 200 lb fighter couldn’t beat a 130 lb chimp.

See how much striking and grappling have evolved since 1993 and they have no resemblance to 1993 anymore? The same would happen with those techniques. Entire martial arts would be developed around them. Saying that a muay thai guy could just start using nut shots and eye rakes and a BJJ guy could just start using smalljoint manipulation/ grabbing throats/ eye rakes/ fish hooking etc and that's the end of it is bullshit. They'd fare as well against someone adept at using those techniques in competition evolved martial arts as Royce Gracie's grappling would against Jon Jones' grappling.

I've fought dirty fighters in real life and competition that developed their entire style around those moves.

Those moves are subject to body mechanics and physics. So the same moves that exist in martial arts and martial sports already would just then be aimed at those areas.

The grappling has evolved in MMA but not so much outside of MMA. Most of that was already there they just added strikes and adapted it to a cage. Grappling is actually more evolved outside of MMA in a lot of ways but some of it is useless in MMA though which is the Gracie's argument against a lot of what goes on in sports BJJ.

The issue is really that when a lot of disciplines entered MMA the fighters stripped down the skillset and left a lot of moves out.

Grabbing double underhooks does not leave you open to eye gouges. You can buy your eyes into their chest.

... which leaves you in the wrong position to secure a takedown, so the underhooks are rendered impotent.

And if you use your free hands to look for eye gouges, it means you're not defending the takedown properly and you're not fighting for underhooks or protecting your hips either lol.

... except that fighting for underhooks is only needed when eye gouging is illegal ... when eye gouging is allowed there is no greater takedown defense unless the wrestler wants to sacrifice their vision for the rest of his life.

I can tell you can't wrestle and you don't understand how to properly manipulate a body.

I can also tell you've never wrestled, or you'd understand that you don't execute a takedown with your eyes buried in your opponent's chest.

I can also tell you've never tried to wrestle anyone who is allowed to eye gouge you - as well as drop hellbows into the back of your head, neck and upper spine - as you try.

I agree with you when you say that guys like GSP, Jones and Aldo would have advantages because of their attributes. But GSP would still be taking people down and destroying them. Woodley would also still take people down.

GSP and Woodley are far too smart to give up their arms in a No Rules situation, there would be zero takedowns from them. Jones is a mad man, and in a shallow division, so he might be crazy enough to try just to show how badass he is.

Add all of this to all of the other striker advantages - eyepoke jabs, groin shots, soccer kicks, head stomps etc. - and it's clear that the best strikers would rule No Rules combat sport.

Last edited:

Jamie pull that shit up!
Look at that! How big is that chimp? He would fuckin kill you.
4FD2AB9200000578-0-image-a-25_1536338909495.jpg

Needs to the head of a grounded opponent would basically make wrestlers unstoppable

Eyepokes, kicks to the groin, soccer kicks, eye gouges and elbows to the back of the head, neck and upper back, soccer kicks and head stomps would mean wrestlers have a much, much more difficult time grounding their opponent than they already do. They'd be blinded and paralyzed before the fight ever hit the floor.

Eyepokes, kicks to the groin, soccer kicks, eye gouges and elbows to the back of the head, neck and upper back, soccer kicks and head stomps would mean wrestlers have a much, much more difficult time grounding their opponent than they already do. They'd be blinded and paralyzed before the fight ever hit the floor.
Also, the thought of gettin sprawled and giving your back when there are no rules makes you think twice about a TD

Why do humans still believe they have any chance against a adult chimp. Chimps are about 3 times stronger than a human and fast as hell. Can you climb a tree and make it to the top in 4 seconds. Here is a chimp doing a basic climb. Didn't even break a sweat. Notice how he was sitting down and jumped to the other tree from a seated position. When u can do any of this, I will set the fight up and pay you if u win.For the record I rather fight brock Lesnar than a chimp. Millions of years of evolution and humans have gotten soft compared to our closest ancestors.

Last edited:
Why do humans still believe they have any chance against a adult chimp. Chimps are about 3 times stronger than a human and fast as hell. Can you climb a tree and make it to the top in 4 seconds.
Humans are stronger than you think. When in a life and death scenario, you will be much stronger than normaly.

Not necessarily, IF a wrestler can close the distance then it turns into wrestling where the wrestler has an advantage. The wrester just has to rough the opponent up in the clinch and can just knee them in the groin then kick them in the face.

You sound like someone who has never faced a trained wrestler in a fight or any sort of match.

Why do humans still believe they have any chance against a adult chimp. Chimps are about 3 times stronger than a human and fast as hell. Can you climb a tree and make it to the top in 4 seconds. Here is a chimp doing a basic climb. Didn't even break a sweat. Notice how he was sitting down and jumped to the other tree from a seated position. When u can do any of this, I will set the fight up and pay you if u win.

A healthy adult male chimp would destroy a human They could close the distance at floor level making them unstoppable then would have unstoppable infighting.

Not necessarily, IF a wrestler can close the distance then it turns into wrestling where the wrestler has an advantage. The wrester just has to rough the opponent up in the clinch and can just knee them in the groin then kick them in the face.

You sound like someone who has never faced a trained wrestler in a fight or any sort of match.
I can't believe what I'm reading. Chimps walk on their hands and feet all day. Go try that for 5 minutes.They are physically superior to all humans. Humans actually aren't that strong. Neanthadals were short stocky and about twice as strong as humans but we killed them off with our brains and weapons. Cael Sanderson wouldn't last 3 minutes with a adult chimp. They are freaking animals. I saw a yt video of a bear attacking this guy . He was so fast and closed the distance so quick the guy would have been killed in 10 seconds without that gun he had. Chimps are the same way

You sound like someone who has never fought an opponent who both wants to and is allowed to boot you full force in the cajones, poke and gouge your eyes, and elbow/punch you in the back of the head, neck and upper spine.

I can't believe what I'm reading. Chimps walk on their hands and feet all day. They are physically superior to all humans. Humans actually aren't that strong. Neanthadals were short stocky and about twice as strong as humans but we killed them off with our brains and weapons. Ca3l Sanderson wouldn't last 3 minutes with a adult chimp. They are freaking animals. I saw a yt video of a bear attacking this guy . He was so fast and closed the distance so quick the guy would have been killed in 10 seconds without that gun he had. Chimps are the same way

LOL no OF COURSE a chimp destroys a human.

I was responding to the kung fu guy that figured without rules the striker would just automatically be able to end the fight before it went to the ground.

They obviously never saw UFC1

You sound like someone who has never fought an opponent who both wants to and is allowed to boot you full force in the cajones, poke and gouge your eyes, and elbow/punch you in the back of the head, neck and upper spine.
I have on more than one occasion but I wrestled in HS so I just closed the distance and controlled them and if they kept trying that stuff I would choke them unconscious.

Back