How much would ground game be effect if there were NO rules

In NHB competition of the 90s (still some rules) hair grabbing and headbutts really fucked a lot of guys up. I remember in particular Eric Paulson being unable to use any of his skills against an older boxer simply because he had his hair grabbed the entire match.

This is to say nothing of biting and butt stuff.
Remember Royce ripping out Kimo's hair? That was fucking brutal!

Japanese (and I'm part Japanese) have been named by the Chinese as the eastern midgets. They're legit small and short by genetics. The Chinese are small by diet and environment. EG -- The average Korean man nowadays is 5'9" 151 lbs. Average American man is 5'9"... 197 lbs. Same height, different bone structure (but not even close to 50 lbs bone structure difference at the same height -- that's just fat), just Americans eat more "cheeseburgers".

But do you have evidence that Asians have the least in bone density of all races. I read this a while ago. I would think that this would very significant disadvantage for fighting sports.

And yeah, white boys used to fight amazingly in Pankration. Imagine if there was a cartoon version of pankration today masquerading as the real pankration. The pankration leagues today aren't a joke; they're kinda legit. But imagine they weren't around and pankration today was all just movie bulllshit trying to recreate history like they were the real pankration. That's what kung fu is today. People see that and try to denigrate the real historical kung fu guys as bullshit because today's guys are. That's wrong.

What you're saying here defies logic. I told you that modern humans have a shit-ton of technology on their side in terms of nutrition, supplements, medicine, equipment, etc. vs. Ancient people who usually died from getting the flu. Just from the standpoint of physique, they'd get wrecked by the modern man. I think you just watch way too many Kung-Fu movies and think they're real.

There is still some real kung fu going on today. Look at Cung Le. He was a sanda champion. That's legit modern kung fu. Muay thai rules with takedowns allowed.

Haha, Sanda/Sanshou is basically trashing all that flowery Kung-Fu forms bullshit that you're trying to convince me, made all those Ancient Kung-Fu fuckers so much better. Sanda is basically Chinese, modern Kickboxing and not your ancient Shaolin Monk flowery fake fighting crap.

If youre on the bottom you can knee or kick the top guys balls. Dont forget that you have to keep your legs open if you wana advance positions.

Haha, Sanda/Sanshou is basically trashing all that flowery Kung-Fu forms bullshit that you're trying to convince me, made all those Ancient Kung-Fu fuckers so much better. Sanda is basically Chinese, modern Kickboxing and not your ancient Shaolin Monk flowery fake fighting crap.
The entire point is that old kung fu wasn't the flowery fake fighting crap..

Imagine if BJJ stopped all competition and sparring/ rolling for 100 years. And the sport's focus became making BJJ action movies. And everyone who had ever actually competed in BJJ was long dead. And there were no film of old BJJ competitions or MMA. What do you think BJJ would look like in 100 years time?

The entire point is that old kung fu wasn't the flowery fake fighting crap..

And how would you know this? What Run Run Shaw told you in their 1970's Kung-Fu movies? You're just making this shit up w/o any proofs. I don't even think you even train Kung-Fu for at least a year.

Imagine if BJJ stopped all competition and sparring/ rolling for 100 years. And the sport's focus became making BJJ action movies. And everyone who had ever actually competed in BJJ was long dead. And there were no film of old BJJ competitions or MMA. What do you think BJJ would look like in 100 years time?

Bullshit. Kung-Fu only was blacked-out in CHINA during the Chinese Cultural Revolution of 1966, when the Commies took over. Still, there were those Kung-Fu experts who escaped to Taiwan, America, Europe, etc...they kept it going. While before that, Kung-Fu was already propagated throughout the world. Chinese people were living everywhere, even in Africa, setting up Chinese restaurants and shit.

So up to 1966, Kung-Fu was just flowery and crappy like it's ever been since the ancient times of China. But up to and after 1966, Kung-Fu was always alive and thriving in HONG KONG, a British colony...even with the Commies taking over China. Especially after BRUCE LEE got famous.

As with most regime changes, especially a Commie one, they start getting more relaxed as the citizens submit. It's always super brutal at the beginning, then they lower the brutality after about 10 years. Proof = China created/allowed Wushu, which was more dance/performance type Kung-Fu but that shit produced Jet Li. I bet you love Jet Li's skinny Kung-Fu ass, but won't admit it in this thread. But again, HONG KONG still allowed whatever chopsockying Kung-Fooey that anyone wanted to do, yet they still sucked. 1997 when HK reverted back to China, the Commies still allowed HK to do most of what it pleases b/c it was banking a shit-ton of $$$$$ for them. They didn't give a shit about Kung-Fooeyers revolting, b/c they sucked ass and no MA (especially the crapys ones) beats 7.62x39mm rounds + tanks.

... which is exactly what I've been saying all along. There would be far less shooting with No Rules because the consequences of failure are orders of magnitude higher. Happy we agree now.

Riiiiiiight, it's because of the rules they have so much trouble timing their takedowns, and adding in the threat of GOING BLIND wouldn't make them MORE HESITANT at all ...

giphy.gif

Eh, I can agree on that at least. Some of these fighters do some real dumb things sometimes.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Watch UFC 4. You will see that wrestling and grappling are still effective. Elbows to the back certainly didn't stop takedowns.

If there were legitimately zero rules, in what ways would ground game be effected the most?

You'd see a bunch of fucked up guys like Amaury Bitetti, getting held and knee'd and elbowed into oblivion.

4.jpg

Back