How much would ground game be effect if there were NO rules

"Ground game" would be more effective in the sense that once it went down it would be a disaster for one guy. And the guy more skilled and dirty would have a big advantage.
/thread.

Whoever is a bigger scumbag on the ground would win easily.

Romans were tiny. Skeletal remains show Chinese around 200 BC averaging 167.9 cm and Romans from 500 BC - 500 AD averaging 168 cm. So, as Bruce Buffer would say on the tale of the tape, they're both virtually identical.

Of course Kung Fu "masters" today suck. They've never fought before. Hundreds of years ago, they did compete and fight though. Look at these guys from the early 20th century - jacked and they have cauliflower ears; not at all like Kung Fu "masters" today:

1024px-Shuaijiao_masters_tianjin_1930.jpg

Here's an illustration of an old style fight:

Shuai_jiao_platform.JPG
Oh... so they wrestled.

Oh... so they wrestled.
Yeah, there were different Kung Fu styles for everything.. They were practical and nothing like the BS you see today. Many of them also incorporated illegal strikes like eye raking, nut shots, throat strikes, etc. into their systems.

Conor would actually be the undisputed P4P GOAT due to his touch butt experience.

If there were legitimately zero rules, in what ways would ground game be effected the most?

Dude it'd would be like a dirty street fight. Biting, scratching, eye gouging. No one wants to watch that shit.

I've gotten superman punched right in the throat in a fight and it didn't really do much. This was with 10oz boxing gloves. It did hurt but just like a leg kick hurts, 1 or 2 wouldn't stop the fight. It didn't even cause me to backup to stall for a few recovery seconds neither.

Also got superman punched during sparring w/MMA 4oz gloves, but it wasn't at full power. It should hurt more than boxing gloves if it were full power. Just a slight sore throat after the adrenaline wore out while in the showers and it went away overnight. Now if these shots landed on my chin, then probably KO's or at least KD.

Not good advise. Getting punched to the throat can easily kill you if the cartilage gets damaged or it swells badly.
Your lucky the punch with 4oz gloves was not full power.
Without gloves it is even more damaging there.

In pro wrestling Scott steiner took a worked kick to the throat (with wrestling boots) and almost died, needed surgery.

Getting hit on the chin is 20x preferable than to the throat.

No I won't. I will poop in my pants and hope the chimp doesn't rape me after he is done.
KARELIN vs a chimp I would pay to c but I still bet the chimp

Chimp would just tear people's throat out with their teeth.

The only reason those guys have a low percentage is because they shoot often with little fear since there are rules.

... which is exactly what I've been saying all along. There would be far less shooting with No Rules because the consequences of failure are orders of magnitude higher. Happy we agree now.

Remove the rules and they'll only shoot PERFECTLY TIMED (not hail Mary) fast double legs ...

Riiiiiiight, it's because of the rules they have so much trouble timing their takedowns, and adding in the threat of GOING BLIND wouldn't make them MORE HESITANT at all ...

giphy.gif

And even throwing looping punchesbin no rules isn't advisable, people will still do it.

Eh, I can agree on that at least. Some of these fighters do some real dumb things sometimes.

Also, I definitely agree with you that groin kicks and eye gouges from a distance would be a trend (Jones, Edson, GSP, Aldo, Ponzinibbio, Wonderboy and outside fighters in general) in no rules fighting. In general the fastest strikers with strong takedown defense would dominate and the fastest wrestlers with good striking.

giphy.gif

Hopefully we can both agree on this. Even in a street fight with no rules, MMA fighters would mash Krav Maga and Wing Chun experts ...

giphy.gif

... which is exactly what I've been saying all along. There would be far less shooting with No Rules because the consequences of failure are orders of magnitude higher. Happy we agree now.

Riiiiiiight, it's because of the rules they have so much trouble timing their takedowns, and adding in the threat of GOING BLIND wouldn't make them MORE HESITANT at all ...

giphy.gif

Eh, I can agree on that at least. Some of these fighters do some real dumb things sometimes.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If you wanna go by no rules, how would a slam or ground and pound look on that grocery aisle floor instead of padded mats designed to limit the effectiveness of grapplers for fighter safety?

Most likely there would be little ground game.
If you try most sorts of takedown you'd end up paraplegic due to a thunderous elbow in what used to be your spine.
Not to mention fence grabbing... Ground game would be rare.

Most likely there would be little ground game.
If you try most sorts of takedown you'd end up paraplegic due to a thunderous elbow in what used to be your spine.
Not to mention fence grabbing... Ground game would be rare.

It would be rare but it would be game over if you did get taken down.

Not good advise. Getting punched to the throat can easily kill you if the cartilage gets damaged or it swells badly.
Your lucky the punch with 4oz gloves was not full power.
Without gloves it is even more damaging there.

Bullshit. It can't easily kill you, unless you're an infant or something. It was at full power and w/o gloves, it woulda been more damaging, but not like in the movies that you're comparing it too.

In pro wrestling Scott steiner took a worked kick to the throat (with wrestling boots) and almost died, needed surgery.

Obviously the boots helped significantly and it depends on how he was situated. I'm sure I can die ife someone soccer kicked me in the throat while I'm on all 4s. Or if I'm flat on my back and they stomped on my throat. But the average punch, nah. Been there done that.

Getting hit on the chin is 20x preferable than to the throat.

Wrong.

Romans were tiny. Skeletal remains show Chinese around 200 BC averaging 167.9 cm and Romans from 500 BC - 500 AD averaging 168 cm. So, as Bruce Buffer would say on the tale of the tape, they're both virtually identical.

Are you sure? What are your sources please. This is interesting. Because in modern times, Asians have significantly lower bone density of all the races. Women as a whole, have much less then men....but Asian men are close to the average women's bone density. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've read about this.

Of course Kung Fu "masters" today suck. They've never fought before. Hundreds of years ago, they did compete and fight though. Look at these guys from the early 20th century - jacked and they have cauliflower ears; not at all like Kung Fu "masters" today:

1024px-Shuaijiao_masters_tianjin_1930.jpg

Here's an illustration of an old style fight:

Shuai_jiao_platform.JPG

I call bullshit...and that cartoon, WTF? LOL. Fighting is fighting. You think ancient White boys and Black boys didn't fight? Like the Gladiators, etc.? Fighting nowadays, is just with a lot of safety rules and dudes have all the better technology with nutrition, conditioning, injury repair/surgery, equipment, etc.

And back to the size thing, I don't buy it that Asians were bigger back then. Especially when after thousands of years, the Asians didn't get bigger until they were colonized by the empirial Whiteboys.... and feeding them their diets. This was quite noticeable after Japan surrendered in WW2 and the Japanese started getting taller.

Are you sure? What are your sources please. This is interesting. Because in modern times, Asians have significantly lower bone density of all the races. Women as a whole, have much less then men....but Asian men are close to the average women's bone density. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've read about this.

I call bullshit...and that cartoon, WTF? LOL. Fighting is fighting. You think ancient White boys and Black boys didn't fight? Like the Gladiators, etc.? Fighting nowadays, is just with a lot of safety rules and dudes have all the better technology with nutrition, conditioning, injury repair/surgery, equipment, etc.

And back to the size thing, I don't buy it that Asians were bigger back then. Especially when after thousands of years, the Asians didn't get bigger until they were colonized by the empirial Whiteboys.... and feeding them their diets. This was quite noticeable after Japan surrendered in WW2 and the Japanese started getting taller.
Japanese (and I'm part Japanese) have been named by the Chinese as the eastern midgets. They're legit small and short by genetics. The Chinese are small by diet and environment. EG -- The average Korean man nowadays is 5'9" 151 lbs. Average American man is 5'9"... 197 lbs. Same height, different bone structure (but not even close to 50 lbs bone structure difference at the same height -- that's just fat), just Americans eat more "cheeseburgers".

And yeah, white boys used to fight amazingly in Pankration. Imagine if there was a cartoon version of pankration today masquerading as the real pankration. The pankration leagues today aren't a joke; they're kinda legit. But imagine they weren't around and pankration today was all just movie bulllshit trying to recreate history like they were the real pankration. That's what kung fu is today. People see that and try to denigrate the real historical kung fu guys as bullshit because today's guys are. That's wrong.

There is still some real kung fu going on today. Look at Cung Le. He was a sanda champion. That's legit modern kung fu. Muay thai rules with takedowns allowed.

Last edited:
Back