How much would ground game be effect if there were NO rules

0-1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If there were legitimately zero rules, in what ways would ground game be effected the most?

In NHB competition of the 90s (still some rules) hair grabbing and headbutts really fucked a lot of guys up. I remember in particular Eric Paulson being unable to use any of his skills against an older boxer simply because he had his hair grabbed the entire match.

This is to say nothing of biting and butt stuff.

"Ground game" would be more effective in the sense that once it went down it would be a disaster for one guy. And the guy more skilled and dirty would have a big advantage.

They would just go for the eyes all the time. One of the weakest points on your body

We would have no argument about who a GOAT is. That’s for sure.

The game changes when you can bite off fingers and crush throats.

A 90lb 12yr old could bite off your finger with plenty of strength to spare.

Till this day prime crazy ass mike tyson is still the least person i would want to ever get into a street fight with for similar reasons.

Honestly, upkicks from guard would be very useful for jitz guys. Same with small joint manipulations (wrist locks in particular). Headbutts from mount would be devastating as well.....

12 to 6 elbows like it's the thing to do

The guard would become much more effective with upkicks. And if people really go savage, bites to the face and neck would be intense.

Knees to the head of a grounded opponent could be game changing. Same with punches/elbows to all areas of the head.

It would be fantastic for MMA. Knees, soccer kicking, stomping, flying stomps, flying knee drops, etc. all to the head. To keep it reasonable, just no bullshit like eye pokes nor biting.

As mentioned - see Keith Hackney v Joe Sun.

Keith Hackney destroyed Sun's testes from a modified mount position. And you don't even have to feel bad because it turns out that Joe Sun is an evil rapist.

No. Biting commits your head to a stationary position where the other guy will pluck your eyes out (for biting him), unless you have control of the back or something (and biting his neck, but why?). 12 year old boy would get fucked up as he's trying to bite. The human jaw is not very strong and takes some time to cause severe damage. This is a lot of time to fuck him up for biting.

There are videos of dudes getting their ear bitten off, but that shit didn't stop the fight with 1/2 his ear on the ground. Search for it on Youtube, I may get banned if I post it.

Crushing throat is already happening in MMA. It's just an RNC air choke that attacks the trachea. Grabbing the throat with both hands with a Rape Choke, just looks violent, but it's not as damaging as an RNC, cranking with lots of leverage. But I think rape chokes are currently illegal.

And getting kicked or punched in the throat is not that uncommon, ie. by teeps or superman punches. It doesn't do significant damage neither. The trachea is quite elastic.

I just wish the ground rules were different... Let em kick stomp and knee and lets see whats up

No rules?

xEOyFbm.gif

Back