How Much Slack Should/Would You Cut Someone When They're Drunk?

There's nothing to forgive if someone pukes on a lawn. What harm have they done? That doesn't even register on my radar.

If someone pukes on a lawn it can damage the lawn, or at least ugly it up. Some people go to great lengths to maintain a lawn, and much like I wouldn't litter in it, I wouldn't puke in it.

I disagree that sober adults make bad decisions constantly. I think there are plenty of tough decisions in life where one option was as good as another, but on a day to day, most people are pretty successful. How many bad decisions have you made in the last month?

I've made plenty of bad decisions in the past month. IMO, if you are unaware of your own bad choices you are not analyzing things well enough.

I'm not even talking epic fuck ups or anything like that, as most people will analyze their epic fuck ups. I'm talking about smaller choices, like the wording I've used to address a subordinate, or staying up too late watching fights and then being tired the next day, or like last weekend, where I underestimated the amount of snow melt and ended up driving a good distance to a river that was unfishable.

Well, unfortunately for you, but fortunately for the rest of us, the law doesn't see it that way and people who drive cars or other such heroics while they are smashed drunk go to prison.

It has plenty to do with this thread, and as relevant to the OP, evidenced by people discussing it as such.

Wrong. This is a high pressure environment, I have had guys on my team oversleep due to exhaustion, feint or pass out from fatigue or just burn out and need to check our for a day to get themselves right. These are all understandable, and if I know they are genuine, then its not a problem once its not habitual. However, someone intentionally screwing themselves up like this genius did is entirely different, and he has just set a big blackmark against his name which isn't likely to go away.

What?

I've never seen anyone on a forum be more full of shit than you.

edit- fuck it, Happy Boy goes on the ignore list like he should have a long time ago.

Last edited:
I understand that this is likely the only story he can come up with though as I'm sure no one ever wants him around once they're off work and want to actually enjoy themselves.

mj-laughing.gif

Zero.

Equally zero for someone who is hungover. Just this morning I sent someone home for coming into a strategy meeting and obviously having a serious hangover. Told him the next time to not bother and have his resume ready for a new job.

Its a voluntary thing to get drunk, you get no mercy for the repercussions.

The discipline is firm with this one.

Jesus drank wine and probably got sloshed with his disciples and evil tax collectors too. Him and Nicodemus partied it the fuck up, shit.

It's an escape for everything, as are most mind altering substances.

"I don't take it to escape, it just loosens me up to talk to girls."

You're escaping your true, nervous and uncharismatic self.

"i just like having some drinks with the boys after work."

You're escaping the thoughts that have been swirling all day, so you don't have to think about them.

"I like the taste of good scotch."

No you fucking don't.

Do you play video games?

Ever had a friend or acquaintance where you think "man, sometimes I want to punch him in the face"? The perfect time to act on that and get away with it is when you both are drinking.

I was kinda a dick to some Poles, said some stuff about UKIP, Stalin and one of their "bitches" (repeatedly), might have been some other stuff too, hard to recall

I'm friends with one of the guys but it wasn't his bitch I was calling a bitch

If I knew you fairly well and thought it was just the drink talking I'd cut you some slack. If I'd just met you I would probably think you're a bit of a wanker and make an excuse and leave.

Most people have done/said something they regret when drunk. Maybe you should apologize if you feel its warranted and keep it in mind in the future.

Depends on what you're doing and how well I know you.

You get some slack for miscommunications and more benefit of the doubt when not sure, but nothing for down right offensive things.

I misread and thought it said, "Would you cut someone when they're drunk?"

Hell, I would cut someone even if they're sober.:icon_twis

But seriously, it all depends on how well you know the person and how close you are to them.

Depends on who the person is, what the person does and my mood in general. When i'm around drunk people, i'm usually drunk myself, so somebody running around yelling stupid shit won't upset me. I'm pretty relaxed and don't get mad at people doing stupid shit, but I never babysit drunk fucks. If some drank idiot stranger or a friend are being too annoying i'm not gonna do shit to diffuse the situation. If a fight breaks down and i'm forced to jump in, i'll do it, but I refuse to waste my time to relax, making sure some drunk deuchebag doesn't get hurt.

Back