How Much Slack Should/Would You Cut Someone When They're Drunk?

lmao I love this Terror Zone-Happy Boy rivalry.

lmao I love this Terror Zone-Happy Boy rivalry.

Me too lol. We don't get a lot of personal rivalries around here.

Personally I try to withhold judgement about "true self-ness" when people say things while they're drunk, for the following reason. Your inhibitions are a part of you. If I think that Terror Zone is a terrible person, but I don't want to tell him, the former isn't necessarily the opinion of the "real me". The real me is the me that doesn't tell him, because I think I'm probably jumping to conclusions too quickly and that it's not up to me to evaluate his actions with such limited information.

I've been sober for a long time and I find it difficult to cut anyone slack when alcohol or drugs are involved. I don't give a fuck what people do in their spare time but be ready to accept the consequences when you do dumb shit.

That said, I used to do a lot of dumb shit when I was high and drunk and I'm not proud of any of it. I'd probably want to kick myself in the balls if I went back in time.

I don't give a shit what you do until it implicates me or I think it's gonna get your ass kicked or in jail. Then I do whatever I can to get the slob out of public. I never hold it against them, because when I drink I can make a mess myself.

I'm hearing stories from last weekend still about how mean I was to my friend's wife. They don't sound pretty.

I think it depends on the situation. If you're wasted and your girl starts an argument and you take it to far, I would understand since you're not in the correct frame of mine to argue intellectually and didn't go looking for an argument in the first place. Same with jackasses at the bar looking for fight. I would draw the line at using being drunk to get out of a normal responsibility. Being hungover for work, getting a DUI etc.

kind of the way sherdog does with posters. you cross any lines, you're yellow carded for around a month or so. any bullshit during that time and you're out of my life. you keep cool and things go back to normal.

You wear lingerie to work, don't you?

C'mon HappyBoy spill it, what's your vice?

I was kinda a dick to some Poles, said some stuff about UKIP, Stalin and one of their "bitches" (repeatedly), might have been some other stuff too, hard to recall

I'm friends with one of the guys but it wasn't his bitch I was calling a bitch

Somewhere between Slim and None. And None would be out of town.

You choose to get drunk. I didn't force you. So you live with the consequences.

I suspect the Poles themselves did cut you some slack, however. Otherwise they'd have curb-stomped you for mentioning Uncle Joe; that's still something of a sore point for many Poles.

It really depends on the specific timeframe. If they are currently at the height of their drunkenness, the fact is that they're going to have some mental and physical impairment. Treating them harshly at that point doesn't solve anything. The next day, however, is another story.

C'mon HappyBoy spill it, what's your vice?

As a non-drinker/smoker/promiscuous, I get this question a lot and I always think its stupid (no offense to you for asking, I just think the question is awful).

A vice is something that you know is wrong, but you do it anyway because you enjoy it. Drinking alcohol isn't a vice (for adults, I guess). There's nothing morally wrong with drinking or doing drugs or having tons of sex (unless you're a puritan). Yeah, drinking alcohol may not be "healthy," but neither is drinking Pepsi or eating ice cream. Those are hardly vices.

What's your vice, blokeybloke? The real vice, not the "vice" that you do on the weekend, in public, in accordance with the law, with friends and strangers, but the thing you do in private, at 3 in the morning, that you enjoy more than anything, but have never told anyone you do because it's either too shameful or too illegal or both. That's a vice.

I give some slack, but if you are so gone that you are out of control, that's your fault, especially if you're an adult. Control your high. Though I guess when you're growing up, you don't know your tolerances yet, so I give additional slack if you're a lot younger than me.

As a non-drinker/smoker/promiscuous, I get this question a lot and I always think its stupid (no offense to you for asking, I just think the question is awful).

A vice is something that you know is wrong, but you do it anyway because you enjoy it. Drinking alcohol isn't a vice (for adults, I guess). There's nothing morally wrong with drinking or doing drugs or having tons of sex (unless you're a puritan). Yeah, drinking alcohol may not be "healthy," but neither is drinking Pepsi or eating ice cream. Those are hardly vices.

What's your vice, blokeybloke? The real vice, not the "vice" that you do on the weekend, in public, in accordance with the law, with friends and strangers, but the thing you do in private, at 3 in the morning, that you enjoy more than anything, but have never told anyone you do because it's either too shameful or too illegal or both. That's a vice.
As an ex junkie/drunk I acted out on all my sexually degenerative impulses, and fairly regularly.

I could make Russell Brand blush :p

In my past I had to do quite a bit of apologizing, so I could be a little empathetic.

I've been that drunk before - nothing over the top. But still a lot of stupid shit pulled.

I'd say as long as it was not a violent/perverted thing they did it can be looked over - after a while if need be.

I was kinda a dick to some Poles, said some stuff about UKIP, Stalin and one of their "bitches" (repeatedly), might have been some other stuff too, hard to recall

I'm friends with one of the guys but it wasn't his bitch I was calling a bitch

i thought you were muslim

muslims are not supposed to drink

Back