How many tries did it take you to get your lisence?

just once, shit is not hard.

The NATO license in Europe got mad cats tho, the majority of people fail at least once. I thought it was easy, i think it's the traffic circles and roadsigns that confuse people

got it on the first try (took my brother 4 times!). i was 16. the funny thing is the test was so easy and fast that when the person said "ok, take us back" i thought for sure that meant they failed me. so then when we pulled back to the DMV my instructor says...

"ok, that'll be $20" (im thinking its a bribe lol!)

so i sit there a little puzzled and say "...so i just give you $20 and you'll give me my license?"

and shes like "what? no you have to go inside and pay and get your photo taken. what did you think i was talking about?"

haha, i just played it off, like oh ok, i didnt know. /end of story

Once on all steps of the process. Didn't even study for the written portion.

I did fail parallel parking, but you were allowed to fail a max of two parts of the driving test.

Interact with your instructor, talk about how the weather is so xyz. I was talking to him about the local fires, and etc. My instructor was so fat dude but he said I did good, I can do better but well enough to passed.

i passed mine on the first try. i almost failed though, because i made one huge mistake.

i had passed everything, and when we were driving back to the dmv, the instructor asked me to make a right. i was trying to get to the right lane to make that right, but none of the cars to my right would let me through. so instead of continuing straight since i couldn't make that right, i stopped on a green light and waited until i could change lanes. cars in back of me were honking and a bunch of cars tried getting around me.

i didn't think i was going to get points deducted for it, since i did what i was asked, but the asshole instructor took 25 points off for that, and i passed with a 72. passing was 71 lol. i still remember him sighing and going, "well...you passed" haha.

I passed the written test and driving test on the first try somehow. The test was first thing in the morning so there weren't many people on the road, I think that helped.

I also went 51km/h in a 50km/hr area for about 2 seconds, which technically should have been an instant fail but he didn't notice

Last edited:
First time, perfect score the day after 3 feet of snow fell.

I peaked early. :(

Passed it the first time both times.

I failed the written 3 times but passed the actual driving test on the first try.

and also this thread was right above the "hooking up with your friends sister" thread and I misread it as "how many tries did it take you to hookup with your sister" LOL

passed on the second try
Just be calm you can do it.

I failed the first time. Didn't practice parallel parking enough and hit the curb.

Failed once. Which I expected. I never took any lessons or had someone who could teach me. After the test, I talked to the evaluator about the finer details I was missing and then passed the next try without a problem. Apparently did it with the guy with the guy who has the highest fail rate in the province.

It took me 2 times. I actually failed my first test because I was driving w/ one hand and I also turned on the radio. BS if you ask me.

After I retook the driving test and passed, I thought about peeling out in the parking lot, but I was too scared.

There was nothing that any man could have done differently. Fact.

I heard those test instructors routinely used that pothole space and winter days to weed out the crappy drivers but still had a greater than 95% pass rate.

Back