How many tries did it take you to get your lisence?

ExplosivAthlete

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just failed second time today, feeling angry. Walked home real pissed off not obeying any of the traffic rules and almost touched some cars with the jab with a plan of throwing an overhand right (deadly when i execute it proper) for honking hard at me.

I drive real well but for some reason when the examiner gets in I get nervous and my mind goes all over. I started going fast on turns driving slow and speeding in playground zones. I do other exams in life like school exams fine and can usually work under pressure and have some muay Thai fights with knockouts and I don't feel nearly as nervous then.

Almost feel like I don't deserve a lisence for some reason, like its too good..

took me one time. thought i failed it tho. got in my head a lot. i feel u when u say u got nervous n shit.

Fuck that night I was going down the road at 300km a hour DRUNK but never recorded it. I only recorded glimpse's of that night.

Take you instructor down a dark alley and blow him. A friend told me it works.

Fuck that night I was going down the road at 300km a hour DRUNK but never recorded it. I only recorded glimpse's of that night.

300km an hour?? Wtf man

Took me 1 try and passed. Years of playing Gran Turismo prepares you for the driving test.

Seriously, you need more practice behind the wheel. You get nervous cause your thinking too much i.e. if your going too fast, following too close, etc. The more practice you get in, driving becomes second nature.

I hit the curb pretty hard when I was parallel parking. Tester was like "I think you hit the curb" (which meant a fail) and I was like "Nope I hit the breaks too hard" and slammed the gas out of the parking spot as he opened the door to check if I hit the curb. I was like "whoa! shut the door please!" and he passed me.

If I remember correctly, the guy had me drive to someone's house for him to pick up something, and then seemed to use some trickery to get something to fail me with.

First try, but my test guy was a total douche and I could tell he wanted to fail me. When we finished the course he said in a pissed off voice: "You passed, barely!" lol fuk that guy. He was a 400 lbs sack of sht who takes his problems out of teenagers learning to drive.

Passed the written test on the fourth try, passed the driving test on the first try. Only had one driving school practise lesson and the rest was driving with my dad.

One thing i did wrong the during test was keeping the car on the right side of a single file road and i was gonna make a left turn but that was not enough to fail the test but my friend did the same mistake and had to redo the test.

Took me 1 try and passed. Years of playing Gran Turismo prepares you for the driving test.

Seriously, you need more practice behind the wheel. You get nervous cause your thinking too much i.e. if your going too fast, following too close, etc. The more practice you get in, driving becomes second nature.

You think its that? My driving is great when I'm not testing..

Twice. First time I had to do it in a mini van and hit the cone parallel parking. Second time was not so bad.

I had about 12 lessons many years ago and never even bothered taking a test. I just didn't like driving, it freaked me out.
Amazes me how many idiots seem to pass tests too, the fact they are allowed to drive these killing machines around.

Once.

I used a professional driving school and my instructor knew the testing course like the back of his hand. I drove it to death. I couldn't have failed even if I wanted to.

Once, studied 30 minutes before the test. Never been in an accident and only had one ticket in Arizona or New Mexico for driving in the passing lane when I wasn't passing anyone or done bs like that in 10 years

Passed the theory 1st try, practical 3rd time.

First time I failed because I was doing 40 on a dual carriageway when the speed limit was 30 :( (it was some bull shit because the speed limit on that particular 100m stretch of road was bumped up to 40 about 6 months later)

Second time my confidence was shot to hell and I failed miserably.

Third time my confidence was still shot to hell but I somehow managed to pass by the skin of my teeth.

I had a friend who failed his theory test 13 times, he's a great driver just sucks at taking written exams.

First time I failed because I was doing 40 on a dual carriageway when the speed limit was 30 :( (it was some bull shit because the speed limit on that particular 100m stretch of road was bumped up to 40 about 6 months later)

Third time my confidence was still shot to hell but I somehow managed to pass by the skin of my teeth.

I had a friend who failed his theory test 13 times, he's a great driver just sucks at taking written exams.

Your friend sounds like a lot of drivers who don't know the rules of the road which is basically the written test.

Failed my licence once for not shoulder checking my right side far enough when turning right... whatever dude. Passed my next one perfect.

Did 20 hrs with one and used car both times.. Gonna go in another car now I think it was the pressure cuz the car was like 50$ for the rest with a mandatory 60$ lesson and 90$ for the test so 2 bills altogether fuck that.

Everyone talking shit fuck u

Did you ever get your license?

Once.

You can just pay for your license here even if you do not know how to drive.

1 try to get my licence

and 1 DUI to get rid of it..lol

2 times. first time was completely unprepared though, had maybe several hours behind the steering wheel altogether, thought just being able to steer the car should be enough :)

Jesus... 13x!?

I failed the theory test once by one question. Btw, I hate how it totally wrecks your confidence that they show you your right/wrong answers as you test. I passed the second time no problem, though.

Got it first try.

The key is to be confident in the driving decisions you make.

The woman giving me the test was trying to pull shit with me and I stood up for myself (while not being aggressive), and she actually seemed to respond positively. It's probably because she saw that I was confident in my driving and I knew what was right/wrong.

How long have you been driving for?

Keep practising. Make sure to drive every day, so it becomes second nature. Don't rush getting the test done, because failing can get in your head.

Just failed second time today, feeling angry. Walked home real pissed off not obeying any of the traffic rules and almost touched some cars with the jab with a plan of throwing an overhand right (deadly when i execute it proper) for honking hard at me.

I drive real well but for some reason when the examiner gets in I get nervous and my mind goes all over. I started going fast on turns driving slow and speeding in playground zones. I do other exams in life like school exams fine and can usually work under pressure and have some muay Thai fights with knockouts and I don't feel nearly as nervous then.

Almost feel like I don't deserve a lisence for some reason, like its too good..

are you a citizen of the US ?......not bashing,just sayin...I thought it was near impossible to fail a test there.

First try. Peice of cake.

Step your game up TS...

I have driving/motorcycle licences issued from several different countries and I've never taken a driving test in my life.

Two tries :redface:

In my defense though, I'd actually been driving illegally for quite a while (my mom didn't give a shit), so I was kinda used to driving relaxed and not so by the book. Floated a stop sign in a neighborhood, automatic failure. Went back a month later, passed no problem.

Written Test: Divided into two 20-question sub-tests, failed one of them, re-took it, and passed.

Driving Test #1: Passed with minimal infractions.

Driving Test #2: Passed with minimal infractions.

I just took #2 and passed easily on the first try, I did take a 2 hour lesson the week before which helped. The pressure was on since my license was about to expire and I have to drive a lot for my job, I would have felt real stupid if I failed. This thread got me even more paranoid but it was really nothing.

I had about 12 lessons many years ago and never even bothered taking a test. I just didn't like driving, it freaked me out.
Amazes me how many idiots seem to pass tests too, the fact they are allowed to drive these killing machines around.

So you just decided to never drive in your whole life?

Back