How many tries did it take you to get your lisence?

Took me two time, first time I didn't even get on the road, I got my hand signals backwards before we even got going. It was embarrassing.

I've updated my license twice, so I've taken the test on three separate occasions and got through all of them on first try.

I had about 12 lessons many years ago and never even bothered taking a test. I just didn't like driving, it freaked me out.
Amazes me how many idiots seem to pass tests too, the fact they are allowed to drive these killing machines around.

Some idiots are excellent drivers and some intelligent people are terrible drivers.

My Dad was funny. As a 14 year old he knew I just loved cars so he would bring me to parking lots and let me drive. Then at 15 he let me drive to Cape Cod. When I took my test it was nothing.driving in city used to be fun. Also took my motorcycle test and passed and it was the 1st time I ever rode a street bike lol.

Last edited:
first time around was just the computer test, guess because i did driving school, i didnt have to take driven test.

2 years ago after moving back to the states i had to re-new my expired license but because it was more than 2 years expired i had to re-take the written (computer) as well as driven.

i found a website with a series of 7 test and 50 questions - took this test repeatedly for 10 days or so until i could answer all 350 questions with 1 or no answers wrong.

get to the testing facility and after 16 questions i had 8 right and 8 wrong - you're allowed 9 or 10 incorrect answers. i proceed to get the next 14 questions right but was frustrated because not a single one of the 30 questions on the test were on any of those 350 questions i had been studying from.

took the driven and passed it easily

i bought my drivers license in malaysia :O)

In Ontario we have graduated licensing so do a written test to get your G1 (learner's permit), take a short road test for G2 (has some limitations like zero blood alcohol even if you can legally drink) and then a longer road test for full G license.

Anyway, I failed the G2 test the first time because I knicked the car in front of me pulling out from the parallel park. The second time I had to do a 3 point turn instead and I passed with flying colours. I waited a few years to go for the full license and was completely comfortable by then and aced it.

I had no problem passing the test the day after I turned 16 but I'd been driving go carts, motorcycles, tractors, farm trucks and cars for years.

One of the girls, that was in the driving part of drivers education after the school year ended, scheduled her test for the afternoon that the class ended. The instructor was trying to get her parallel parking good enough and she would come up to stop signs too fast and stop too hard if at all. She failed 3 times.

Most of the people that I knew that failed couldn't parallel park. Many people can't back up.

Years of playing Gran Turismo prepares you for the driving test.

Woooord.

[YT]XwZLKXtnO6c?[/YT]

Ive done sprint days at the track too, and 1000+ hours of Gran Turismo 4 definately helped there. I was in a 280zx turbo on old clapped out suspension, no second gear (2nd gear worked but synchros were so bad i didnt bother using it at the track) shit brakes and clapped some 17in rims with slicks. I was only about 2 second off the lap time of a R35 GTR with a rollcage and semi slicks. I think the GTR driver was baaad though, my mates were filming one particular corner, and watching it back later, the GTR went wide and put 2 wheels of the track when it wasnt even going fast.

In Ontario we have graduated licensing so do a written test to get your G1 (learner's permit), take a short road test for G2 (has some limitations like zero blood alcohol even if you can legally drink) and then a longer road test for full G license.

Anyway, I failed the G2 test the first time because I knicked the car in front of me pulling out from the parallel park. The second time I had to do a 3 point turn instead and I passed with flying colours. I waited a few years to go for the full license and was completely comfortable by then and aced it.

Graduated licensing is bull. I had my G2 for 5 years it expired and I had to start from G1 all over again. At least I didn't have to wait the mandatory 12 month BS again. Ontario has stupid rules. A G2 is essentially a full G License. The only difference is you're allowed to drink a bit? Like that makes any fuckin' sense.

Graduated licensing is bull. I had my G2 for 5 years it expired and I had to start from G1 all over again. At least I didn't have to wait the mandatory 12 month BS again. Ontario has stupid rules. A G2 is essentially a full G License. The only difference is you're allowed to drink a bit? Like that makes any fuckin' sense.

you had your G2 for 5 years and didn't get your G? lol, hope you weren't paying for your own insurance.

I passed my first time. I never understood how people failed any of the road tests, but I probably had the laziest tester for both my G2 and G tests. Guy didn't even make me parallel park or anything. Literally drove around the block and that was it.

2 times I think, I failed the driving test the first time because it was early as fuckbin the morning and I was half asleep.

3. I bumped a cone during maneuverability my first time and took my foot off the gas when turning my lights on leaving the parking lot the second time(instant fail)

Only once, had to have been an inch away from failing the 3 point turn though. Thankfully there was no parallel parking on the test otherwise I probably would have never gotten a license.

I'm in Canada so i took two road tests : G2 and G. I took G2 twice-failed badly the first time and passed easily the second time, about 1.5 months later. I was still a garbage driver and looking back i believe I shouldn't have gotten a license. By the time I had my G test I was a semi-decent driver and passed it without difficulties. Not sure about difficulties of road tests in the states, but i'm guessing it's not hard. Imo if you are failing those there is a very good chance you're a pretty bad driver like i was.

Once, but it was in the eighties, and you'd hardly call it much of a test.

My driving lessons were literally me driving my instructor to a tavern and waiting for my time my time to be up.

From what I hear the tests these days are much, much harder.

i found a website with a series of 7 test and 50 questions - took this test repeatedly for 10 days or so until i could answer all 350 questions with 1 or no answers wrong.

A long time ago my licence expired and I let it lie for so long when I went to renew I had to take the test again. I did exactly what you did, I found an online test and took it a few times until I got it perfect.

The official test questions were worded differently but the spirit was the same and I think I got 98%.

First time for everything. Passed the wrriten. Passed my G2. Passed my G. All on the first try. Probably shouldn't have though.

On my G2 test, I fucked up the hill park, and came within an inch of hitting a car when I backed into the parking spot at the end of the test. I was almost in tears because of how badly I fucked up, but the guy just told me to be more careful backing in and passed me. Even my father, who was watching this parking job from hell, couldn't believe I passed.

My G test originally had to be rescheduled, because I had a passenger seat that wasn't adjustable, and was stuck in a position that only normal sized people could fit into. Of course, they send out this 400lb woman to test me. She couldn't fit in the car, so that was that. I was kind of relieved though. She looked like one of those angry fat women.

When I actually did the test, everything went smoothly except for one part where I nearly hit a pedestrian. Light was green and I'm making a right. I think this guy is going to cross the street, so I give him time to do so. He doesn't move, so I start to turn. Now this idiot crosses. I had to slam on my brakes, and thought that was that. I knew I was safe when I heard the instructor mumble under her breath "What an idiot". Pass.

My buddy failed 3x and was terrible..He is now HWY Patrol lol

It's a dispiriting thing, for sure

I worked with a guy who failed four times.

I asked him how he failed, and he told me it was the same reason each time but the testers were wrong and he was going to pass it his way.

I told him he was being incredibly stupid and that nobody would care about him passing his way, all that mattered was winning.

Back