How many tries did it take you to get your lisence?

I heard those test instructors routinely used that pothole space and winter days to weed out the crappy drivers but still had a greater than 95% pass rate.

Sounds made up to me.

I'm a great driver, one of the best IMO.

took me 2 times, i failed my first time cause i ran a red light on a dead street making a left turn

One.

But I took my test in a rural area. MUCH more relaxed than big cities.

just once, shit is not hard.

The NATO license in Europe got mad cats tho, the majority of people fail at least once. I thought it was easy, i think it's the traffic circles and roadsigns that confuse people

You mean the USAREUR license? A lot of people have traditionally failed that test.

A lot of people who are OCONUS show up for these overseas command SOFA licenses and think they don't have to study for them because they've been driving, not realizing that US standards are crap and that they're going to be held to the local standards of road knowledge.

You probably passed because you actually spent some time looking at the study manual, right?

You mean the USAREUR license? A lot of people have traditionally failed that test.

A lot of people who are OCONUS show up for these overseas command SOFA licenses and think they don't have to study for them because they've been driving, not realizing that US standards are crap and that they're going to be held to the local standards of road knowledge.

You probably passed because you actually spent some time looking at the study manual, right?

My bad, yes i meant USAREUR licenses. i didn't really read the book no, other than the signs section b/c i don't speak german. the shit is just common sense really, people just couldn't comprehend right of way

Roundabouts/traffic circles are GOATS by the way, we need way more of those and less traffic lights in the US (then again, our people drive like shitbags so maybe not)

My bad, yes i meant USAREUR licenses. i didn't really read the book no, other than the signs section b/c i don't speak german. the shit is just common sense really, people just couldn't comprehend right of way

Roundabouts/traffic circles are GOATS by the way, we need way more of those and less traffic lights in the US (then again, our people drive like shitbags so maybe not)

IIRC, a good portion of that test is IDing road signs. Funny you should mention right of way, because I remember even as a kid in the 80s, Americans getting all confused about priority and talking about it like it was completely different. I thought for the longest time that it was, until I went back as an adult and thought to myself, "WTF, this shit is pretty much the same and pretty simple. All those guys were morons."

IDK why people bother with that shit these days anyway. Most Americans can just walk into the office and exchange their state issued license for a German one. I remember reading S&S article a few months ago with DoD civilians and contractors who've been there for 15-30 years crying and whining about Germans no longer considering their USAREUR licences valid without a valid state licence. STFU and just get a local licence if you're going to live in a country forever. Fucking long term DoD civilians and contractors piss me off, always trying to get away with special exemption type shit just for the sake of getting away with being different and special. -_-

I exchanged my Texas licence for a German licence a long time ago when I was issued a German work visa for one of our offices there. It's long since expired and IDK what I did with it, but that's definitely what I'd do, even if I were USAREUR.

I got it done in one!

Almost plowed into an old lady when doing it as I was a little nervous, but absolutely smashed the "do a turn in the road" bit.

Once.

East Indian driving instructor and East Indian tester.

I think they were buddies.

Failed my permit the first time, barely passed the second time and passed the road test first try.

Passed my motorcycle permit first try and have my road test next month, fingers crossed on getting that on my first try.

A female relative told me a cop she knew told her he usually flunked teenage guys on their first try just to make them less cocky.

Driving portion took me one try. Written portion took me 6 tries.

Once..

And I'm against 16 year olds getting their license.. Just a couple years ago one of them rolled right through a stop sign in front of me while I was driving to work and I smashed him side on w/ his girlfriend in the passenger seat 30mph. No injuries but both car's totaled. He was driving his moms 30k brand new model and myself a piece of crap worth about 2k haha... Told him good luck bud, you just lost your license and probably won't drive again until your 21..

Stop that texting and driving bullshit. Don't talk on your stupid phone or thump your music. Pay attention to the road amateurs. I really don't think anyone should have a license until their 18 or even 21 in some cases.

Have they made the written test more difficult over the years? I took it in 2001 and I cannot comprehend how anyone could possibly fail the test I took.

Once..

And I'm against 16 year olds getting their license.. Just a couple years ago one of them rolled right through a stop sign in front of me while I was driving to work and I smashed him side on w/ his girlfriend in the passenger seat 30mph. No injuries but both car's totaled. He was driving his moms 30k brand new model and myself a piece of crap worth about 2k haha... Told him good luck bud, you just lost your license and probably won't drive again until your 21..

Stop that texting and driving bullshit. Don't talk on your stupid phone or thump your music. Pay attention to the road amateurs. I really don't think anyone should have a license until their 18 or even 21 in some cases.

So one dumb 16 year old should ruin it for everyone? Anyway he won't even lose his license, I have no idea why you think he will lose it for five years. Unless he was drunk of course

So one dumb 16 year old should ruin it for everyone? Anyway he won't even lose his license, I have no idea why you think he will lose it for five years. Unless he was drunk of course

I know, but new drivers are on probation he just got his license two weeks prior. You lose your license for 60 days for ANY kind of violation let alone causing a wreck and then it's another 6 month probation period or 6 month revoke. It varies per state though. I just knew his Mom isn't going to let him drive one of her cars ever again.. and I felt like scaring him. Was pissed off enough that he cost me not being able to show up at work and having to rent a car until I found a new one to buy.

Have you seen the way kids drive?? You can't say you trust their ability to drive either

And you are a slack jawed idiot if you need more tries than that.

I passed it on my first try, but I doubt I'd pass it today. I haven't parallel parked since the damn test.

Back