How many people that mock tapping to strikes...

Weigh-in Gina, overweight Gina - I'll take 'em all. Picky bastards.

i-aint-scared.jpg

LOL, I would too. FW Gina or LHW Gina, I'll take both.

Pettis quit during rounds because his hand hurt from punching his opponent,meanwhile PVZ fights for 10mins while her arm is barely attached to her torso.

Tapping to strikes is nothing compared to Pettis,he ONLY had bruising after that BS move nothing was broken or even fractured.smh

Tapping or retiring due to injury when severly injured in a fight is what most sane people would do.

Then there's the type of individual that will continue fighting no matter how injured or hurt you get.
Losing or giving up is never an option.

Broken jaw? keep fighting
Blind in one eye? keep fighting
Broken arm? keep fighting

It's what makes the diffrence between a "fighter" or "athlete" now UFC is more of a Sport than Fight organization.

When you get beat up by metal bats and multiple people,fists,knees come as hard as feather.
And I’m sure you were happy you didn’t have the option to tap out so you can feel good about taking your beating like a man.

I have. Still. Any fighter with minimum amount of balls (or even female fighter) would get dropped/KOed rather than tap to strikes lmao.

I'd say tapping to strikes is ONLY legitimate in the case of a Rory MacDonald in Lawler fight, where his face was starting to come off and he pretty much tapped to strikes. And that's 1 out of 1000 cases.
i agree with this vegeta

The ref is there for that...Or your corner.
What I'm talking about is a scenario where you're not really being KO'd so no ref or corner would stop the fight - but you still feel fucked.

Like if you're hit with something that doesn't give you stanky legs but you just feel like your head is about to explode, or you start seeing double and feel like you were sapped of all your energy.

I know most people think that tapping in those scenarios is a pussy move and a sign of mental weakness.
Just saying I don't, I trust that an experienced fighter knows when they are screwed and then I won't mock their surrender.

Last edited:
This

Its insulting to fighters.

These guys are infinitely tougher than us behind keyboards so whatever pain theyre enduring is off the meter.

No its not. Fighters themselves acknowledge this sentiment.

What I'm talking about is a scenario where you're not really being KO'd so no ref or corner would stop the fight - but you still feel fucked.

Like if you're hit with something that doesn't give you stanky legs but you just feel like your head is about to explode, or you start seeing double and feel like you were sapped of all your energy.

Just saying I don't, I can see that there are points where a fighter must know that there's no way the can come back - and then I personally don't think it's that bad to surrender.
I know most people think that tapping in those scenarios is a pussy move though.

The difference in mindset though is that if you don't tap the other fighter could tire themselves out and you could recover, you can't recover from a locked sub

The difference in mindset though is that if you don't tap the other fighter could tire themselves out and you could recover, you can't recover from a locked sub
Yep, totally see your point.
I'd argue it depends on fighter experience.
If a rookie fighter, or someone known for motivational issues, gives up too soon I'd argue maybe they need more mental toughness to be able to push through situations like that.

But if an experienced fighter known for being quite tough in the past decides to give up on a rare occasion - then I wouldn't call them mentally weak, I'd accept that they probably felt like they tried but felt so far beyond the point of being able to recover that it wasn't reasonable to continue.

Have experience getting hit with elbows? It's seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. What makes it ok to tap because of a dislocated elbow, but tapping because someone breaks your face with elbows is somehow pussy? Please explain...

Because a submissions happen when a fighter controls his opponents body completely and will use this control in order to cause a catastrophic injury to the opponent.

In general strikes involve less control and most shots while painful should not cause a professional fighter to quit. The accepted norms are to try and work out of a position or get knocked out.

Also a ref will save you when you get hit to many times they don't usually jump in on subs until something breaks

Lots of fighters tap, to strikes or subs.

When people don't like a fighter, they use whatever excuses to belittle them.

Tapping when you lost is the only intelligent thing to do.

Nothing wrong with tapping to strikes. Now can someone tell that to Joanna contender so she could just admit it!

Back