How many people that mock tapping to strikes...

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have experience getting hit with elbows? It's seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. What makes it ok to tap because of a dislocated elbow, but tapping because someone breaks your face with elbows is somehow pussy? Please explain...

It's easy to cut someone by deliberately raking with your elbow.
ginacarano_7.jpg

Really haven't seen many people with that attitude around lately.

It was more a thing when Bob Sapp was still fighting bc he would drop and tap after 1 shot for his last 10 bouts.

Anyone who thinks someone who is brave enough to even step in the octagon, let alone tap to strikes is a pussy, is just some keyboard warrior idiot who thinks they know more but really know less about MMA than casual fans. Tapping to strikes is not a bitch move.

Internet tough guys are all over the place on sherdog.

Really haven't seen many people with that attitude around lately.

It was more a thing when Bob Sapp was still fighting bc he would drop and tap after 1 shot for his last 10 bouts.
Check out the gsp vs serra tread.

I have. Still. Any fighter with minimum amount of balls (or even female fighter) would get dropped/KOed rather than tap to strikes lmao.

I'd say tapping to strikes is ONLY legitimate in the case of a Rory MacDonald in Lawler fight, where his face was starting to come off and he pretty much tapped to strikes. And that's 1 out of 1000 cases.

I have. Still. Any fighter with minimum amount of balls (or even female fighter) would get dropped/KOed rather than tap to strikes lmao.
I'd say tapping to strikes is ONLY legitimate in the case of a Rory MacDonald in Lawler fight, where his face was starting to come off and he pretty much tapped to strikes. And that's 1 out of 1000 cases.
What about Jones smashing shoguns eyebrow?

Fighters shouldn't have to tap to strikes, a good referee should always step in before it gets to that point.

That’s the problem with boxing why there is so many fatalities, imo if they feel like they are getting beat up bad they should just sit on the floor as a sign of submission. In MMA nothing wrong about tapping but in boxing you’ll be called a bitch, coaches should take the responsibility of making the call more and more for the sake of longevity of their fighter.

if you don't think shogun was a legitimate case then you're a douche. and full of shit.

Back