How many people that mock tapping to strikes...

Tbf everybody here would get KOed clean by a UFC fighter so we won't tap to strikes like some pussies

When you get beat up by metal bats and multiple people,fists,knees come as hard as feather.
tenor.gif

Sherdoggers are always looking for an angle to discredit fighters they dislike. If their favorite fighter suddenly does that very thing then it becomes ok.

Do they?
Can you post any fighters saying this?

finding examples of them saying it would be kind of hard. i wouldn't even know what to google lol. I did find this though "Machida would “rather die than tap,” as he stated during his post-fight interview at UFC 84" https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1361614-lyoto-machida-and-bushido-to-tap-or-not-to-tap

Guys like Nogueira would rather let their arm break than tap. Fighters always talk about being warriors, going out on their shield and even 'to the death' and mock each-other in trash talk for being quitters. Conor bashed his own fighter for shooting for a takedown ffs.

Because a submissions happen when a fighter controls his opponents body completely and will use this control in order to cause a catastrophic injury to the opponent.

In general strikes involve less control and most shots while painful should not cause a professional fighter to quit. The accepted norms are to try and work out of a position or get knocked out.
Have you been hit with elbows? Start breaking eye sockets and cheek bones, and people will tap, or roll and give their back. In mma it's basically the same thing.

tapping to strikes = referee fuck up, 99% of the time.

The difference in mindset though is that if you don't tap the other fighter could tire themselves out and you could recover, you can't recover from a locked sub
Not all strikes are created equal. What happens when there face is literally getting smashed.

Nothing wrong with tapping to strikes. Now can someone tell that to Joanna contender so she could just admit it!

Sure. Can someone tell the community to stop being pieces of shits to fighters?

No? Then take a long walk off a short pier.

finding examples of them saying it would be kind of hard. i wouldn't even know what to google lol. I did find this though "Machida would “rather die than tap,” as he stated during his post-fight interview at UFC 84" https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1361614-lyoto-machida-and-bushido-to-tap-or-not-to-tap

Guys like Nogueira would rather let their arm break than tap. Fighters always talk about being warriors, going out on their shield and even 'to the death' and mock each-other in trash talk for being quitters. Conor bashed his own fighter for shooting for a takedown ffs.
None of this disparages fighters tapping to strikes.

Ive never heard such a thing and cant imagine anyones whos actually fought would say something so silly

I've been in a lot of fights and been hit in the face a lot.

I've honestly never seen anything wrong with a fighter tapping to strikes.

The ones that look dumb or really bad are the ones where one fighter talks all the trash in the world or is doing a lot of taunting during the fight only to then get KTFO'd.

None of this disparages fighters tapping to strikes.

Ive never heard such a thing and cant imagine anyones whos actually fought would say something so silly

it is disparaging. Machida finds it extremely dishonorable to tap period.

Here is a link to an interview with UFC fighter who disagrees with the journalist on this. He clearly states tapping to strikes is worse than going fetal.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2017...trikes-and-the-things-that-only-fighters-know

Downes: First off, I’m going to totally disagree with you on the tapping to strikes comment. Does going “full fetal,” as you put it, end up being a type of de facto tapout? Yes it does. Is it the same as tapping to strikes? Absolutely not.

When you just stop answering your girlfriend’s texts, that’s de facto breaking up. When you look her in the eye and tell her it’s over, that’s something different. The result is the same, but one takes more courage.

I’m not going to say that it doesn’t cross the line, but I don’t think you realize the implications of what you’re asking. You’re essentially trying to change the nature of MMA. This might come as a shock to you Ben, but there’s no logical, objective reason to fight someone in a cage for money. I’ll try to put in terms you may understand: There’s also no logical, objective reason to put a helmet on and hit someone carrying an oblong-shaped ball.

American football and MMA are inherently violent sports. Especially in MMA, the violence is the key component. All these attempts to put the onus on referees, cornermen and fighters, themselves to avoid uncomfortably violent or tragic outcomes may seem like a noble pursuit, but I don’t think it is. How much of this is an attempt to make ourselves feel better about watching young men and women concuss themselves? I’m not a brute; I thought Melendez should have quit earlier!

Furthermore, if we were to take your criteria to its logical conclusion, that would make Bob Sapp the smartest fighter in MMA history. Facing any resistance? Quit. Down on the scorecards and going to lose? Don’t even finish the fight. Why test yourself when you can give up!?

You flippantly dismiss the idea of proving your toughness, but it’s something that matters. Being tough on the practice mat doesn’t mean anything. There is nothing at stake. Who cares if you’re supposed to spar five rounds and you stop after three? Your coaches may not be happy and you might even piss off a sparring partner or two, but there’s always the next sparring day.

When you’re standing in the middle of the cage in front of thousands of people as it’s being broadcast on national television, the stakes are much different. Character and strength isn’t what you do when things are going well; it’s what you do when times are tough.

Have experience getting hit with elbows? It's seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. What makes it ok to tap because of a dislocated elbow, but tapping because someone breaks your face with elbows is somehow pussy? Please explain...

Agree wholeheartedly man, especially since CTE is way worse than a broken arm.

That’s the problem with boxing why there is so many fatalities, imo if they feel like they are getting beat up bad they should just sit on the floor as a sign of submission. In MMA nothing wrong about tapping but in boxing you’ll be called a bitch, coaches should take the responsibility of making the call more and more for the sake of longevity of their fighter.

Rigondeaux quit vs Lomachenko and people gave him tons of shit when he did it.

i can see both sides. i can see how people will be like "he doesn't have the heart" but on the other hand if he knew himself that there was no way to win for him, there's no honor in walking into a slaughter.

there's a difference in quitting because you don't like the way the fight is going and quitting when you come to the realization that your opponent is simply better than you and you cannot defeat them. fighters shouldn't quit when the going gets tough, but they also shouldn't needlessly take beatings when they know they can't win.

Have experience getting hit with elbows? It's seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. What makes it ok to tap because of a dislocated elbow, but tapping because someone breaks your face with elbows is somehow pussy? Please explain...
Yeah it's pretty stupid tapping to a choke that worst case scenario puts you to sleep for 30 seconds with no ill effects is considered admirable.

But tapping when you know you're trapped getting your head smashed in instead of waiting to be knocked unconscious potentially suffering life altering trauma is a "bitch move".

The narrative is fucking stupid.

if you don't think shogun was a legitimate case then you're a douche. and full of shit.
Shogun was a ridiculous case that tarnished a legendary warrior in the eyes of the many "tapping to strikes is a pussy move" nitwits since he tapped after the fight was already being stopped after taking a 13 minute beating few others would have had the heart and determination to endure as long as he did.

But getting caught in a harmless choke and tapping before you get put to sleep is considered perfectly admirable, lol, it's stupid.

Back