How many people that mock tapping to strikes...

I'd say tapping to strikes is ONLY legitimate in the case of a Rory MacDonald in Lawler fight, where his face was starting to come off and he pretty much tapped to strikes. And that's 1 out of 1000 cases.
You ever see what happens/happened when Jon Jones gets top position on you?

It's silly to mock someone for admitting that they feel so rocked that they are unable to continue fighting at a reasonable level.

It's reasonable to go "you got me, I'm fucked, I give up" in any situation, especially if it's said by an experienced fighter who is usually quite tough.

Being able to recover from a hard shot to the head should be seen as an exception, not the norm.

Last edited:
Matt-Serra-vs-GSP-Knockout-GIF-TKO.gif

Anyone who thinks someone who is brave enough to even step in the octagon, let alone tap to strikes is a pussy, is just some keyboard warrior idiot who thinks they know more but really know less about MMA than casual fans. Tapping to strikes is not a bitch move.
This

Its insulting to fighters.

These guys are infinitely tougher than us behind keyboards so whatever pain theyre enduring is off the meter.

Fighters shouldn't have to tap to strikes, a good referee should always step in before it gets to that point.
A single strike ( ie.liver shot) will end a fight before a ref can take action

Tap to strikes
Not only a pussy,but might wanna consider questioning your own existance.

Have experience getting hit with elbows? It's seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. What makes it ok to tap because of a dislocated elbow, but tapping because someone breaks your face with elbows is somehow pussy? Please explain...
Completely. It's not like a fighter tells the ref when he is TKOd. Let the ref decide when the fighter submits

GSP explains why it's ok to tap to strikes...

Been in 300 street fights. Not once have I tapped to strikes.

cause I’m no punk bitch.

The irony is that the people who say it's a bitch move to tap to strikes are afraid to admit when they've been beaten. That's about as bitchy as it gets.

Tapping to strikes is perfectly reasonable.
It's silly to mock someone for admitting that they feel so rocked that they are unable to continue fighting at a reasonable level.

It's reasonable to go "you got me, I'm fucked, I give up" in any situation, regardless of the type of attack.

Being able to recover from a hard shot to the head should be seen as an exception, not the norm.

The ref is there for that...Or your corner.

Have experience getting hit with elbows? It's seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. What makes it ok to tap because of a dislocated elbow, but tapping because someone breaks your face with elbows is somehow pussy? Please explain...

GSP fan, huh?

Back