How long have you had your current cell phone number for/how many cells phones/Time without landline

Same cell number for a good 15 years, didn't have a landline between 2007 and last year; had to get a landline after I moved to the countryside, and I have pretty much 0 cell reception here, especially indoors.

I've had just the one mobile phone, cost $14 and is 3G, got it around 2yrs ago.
I was trying to get thru' life without ever having to have a mobile, however a few yrs ago my landline started playing up and kept shutting down over an 8mth period, so i was forced to get the mobile.
Landline is fine now.
My plan is just $70 for 12mths. I don't use the mobile as i have it in case my car breaks down and i have to ring for assistance.

I'm surprized at how much money people spend to have a mobile phone plan, let alone the cost of the phone itself. God knows what it's like for a couple that have a few kids that each have their own phones.

I’ve had this number since about 2003. My parents gave me and my brother a phone to share when we went out to the skatepark or wherever when I was about 12 and he was 15. I ended up keeping the number and I’ve had it since then. My area code did change though, since New Mexico split into two different codes.

How've you been bud? I haven't seen you in a while. I think the last time we conversed you were moving from the West Side of Chicago to somewhere down South right?
Yeah, been in Raleigh for 4 years now. Lots of ups and downs. Dealing with a fractured elbow right now

Yeah, been in Raleigh for 4 years now. Lots of ups and downs. Dealing with a fractured elbow right now
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully NC is treating you better than Chicago. I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there. I've been living out here for almost two years now.

Damn, most of you guys have had the same number for a long time.

Sounds like even though most of us are a little bit older around here, almost no one had a personal landline. I mean, we did when I was a kid up until my teenage years though.

I would guess 20 years approximately. I think I have had exactly 7 phones in last 20 years.

Nokia not sure model 2000
Razr around 2004
Blackberry Curve 2007
Pantech Link 2010
Iphone 5 2013 (gave to wife)
Iphone 6 Plus 2014
Iphone XSMax 2018

Looks like I upgrade about once every 3 years.

You could've 'effed someone up with one o' these, body and/or receiver...

Model500Telephone1951.jpg

1248iAD446AAF17E4E8FA

My first cell phone bought around 1998. I'm on my 2nd number and god knows how many phones, but would guess at least 10.

And now I'm off to buy myself one of those Sony CM-B1207 phones for shits and giggles. Thanks TS!

I might hold on to this current one for longer because I like it. I'll probably wait until the battery totally goes to shit before bothering with a replacement.
Battery, or planned obsolescence. All manufacturers ensure their phones have an expiration date.

I'm assuming you have been free of a landline for a while.

I've never actually owned a landline as I moved out of the house in 2001 and bought a cell phone right away only to use the cell exclusively since.

I think I had two different cells numbers up until my current one, which I've had for about 13 years now. I've debated changing to a local number here but it's such a pain in the ass to switch info.

How man different cell phones have you had? Without being exactly sure, I'd guess 11 in the past 19 years.

Got my first pager in 96, first cell in 2001, was a Nokia, that lasted me till 2004, which was also around the same time I finally ditched my landline all together. Then I had to get the razr.... Which lasted me forever.... Well, about 3 years till I upgraded to a krazr, after which I had a Samsung slider phone in 2009, after that was my droid razr hd in 2012, followed by my Xperia z1 in 2014, then my samsung s7 in 2016, that broke and I got my Huawei p20 pro last year which I'm using to type this out as we speak.

I've had just the one mobile phone, cost $14 and is 3G, got it around 2yrs ago.
I was trying to get thru' life without ever having to have a mobile, however a few yrs ago my landline started playing up and kept shutting down over an 8mth period, so i was forced to get the mobile.
Landline is fine now.
My plan is just $70 for 12mths. I don't use the mobile as i have it in case my car breaks down and i have to ring for assistance.

I'm surprized at how much money people spend to have a mobile phone plan, let alone the cost of the phone itself. God knows what it's like for a couple that have a few kids that each have their own phones.

My older cousin has 2 kids, 12 and 15, both of whom have phones, which he pays for along with his and his wife's. He forks over close to $400 every month on phone bills alone. Thats insane. I think my first phone back in 2001 cost me around $20 a month, and I thought that was a lot, lol.

2007 with the same number and now with Google Voice, that number will be it until I'm dead.

We just recently dumped our landline :/

My older cousin has 2 kids, 12 and 15, both of whom have phones, which he pays for along with his and his wife's. He forks over close to $400 every month on phone bills alone. Thats insane. I think my first phone back in 2001 cost me around $20 a month, and I thought that was a lot, lol.

He should switch to T-mobile.

Same number since 2000
Without a landline since 2003
15 different phones, 13 actual phones and 2 replacements cuz they fell off of buildings

I've had the same number since 2003. I haven't lived in the state where my area code is since 2004 .

I got a cell in 2000 and it hardly worked anywhere. My friends all asked me why I bought a cell phone .none of them had or wanted one yet or understood the need for one. I remember getting a cell phone in 2001 or 2002 and it was in color and it blew my mind.. Juggled numbers until about 2004 and have had same number since ...
Growing up we had landlines or phones as we called them, even a rottery one time .

I have a new fridge

Does anyone want to post there last name, phone number and social security number so I can see How close to mine your information is?

Back