How long have you had your current cell phone number for/how many cells phones/Time without landline

it's going to be 15 years on May for me
back when att was cingular wireless
I'm on my 9/10 phone

I got my first cellphone in 2006 when I got rid of my landline. It was on Alltel. The service was great and I had a Motorola Razor Flip phone. Alltel sold out to Verizon and the service went to hell. Two years later, Verizon convinced me the problem was my phone so I changed to a Casio G'zone in 2011. Service was still less than great but passable for two years until the contract ran out. Verizon convinced me that I needed to get a smartphone so I got the Motorola Droid Razr in 2013. It didn't improve service and I found no real use for a smart phone and the over $100/month cost. When that contract was up in 2015, I switched to Consumer Cellular. I got two $30 Doro phones that cost $25/month. I've had them for almost 5 years and replaced one battery for $9.

I've had the same phone number since I was 14. I'll be 33 in April.

I get all kinds of calls because of it. I've had people call me to pick them up from jail because mine is the only number they remembered.

You still on a landline bud? It's okay, I won't judge.

Nah I've had a cellphone for 12 years I guess. No idea if I've had the same number that entire time tho

No landline. Had this number 3 1/2 months

Same number since 1998, about 8 phones. Always unplugged the landline in houses I've moved into into.

I bought my current phone in 2018. Its still going strong. I don't see any reason to update just yet. The only big improvement seems to be adding 4 cameras onto 1 phone.

I'm really interested in the future of foldable phones. My hope is that the tech gets pushed hard and then we get badass foldable devices. I want to have a 'laptop' that fits in my pocket essentially.

e25d468d8e22fe4c2649eb2b9f0edb1e.jpg

Had the same number since 2003, in that time I've had 2 phones, contrary to the TS and I would guess the majority who post in this thread, a landline has always been my main source of contact, at this moment, I couldn't even tell you where my cell/mobile phone is, I can't even remember the last time I used it.

had this since 2009
6303_2.jpg

Last edited:
You still on a landline bud? It's okay, I won't judge.
why would you judge ? I honestly do see the need for anything else, but when buying shit online these days it usually requires a cell/mobile number, otherwise I wouldn't have one.

This takes some thought. I know I didn't have a cell phone in my first and second year of college. So I want to say that I've had a cell phone since 2003. I believe at that time I also dropped the landline. I've had the same phone # ever since. It is an area code for my college town as well. I've just never bothered changing it since almost everyone is calling from a call anyways.

I’ve had the same cell number since August 2005. I think I’m on my fifth or sixth phone. Haven’t had a landline since.

Haven't had a land line since 1998.

Probably been through 8 - 10 phones.

Still rocking my Samsung S5 with duct tape holding the battery in because I broke the back cover.

I’ve had my cell number since 2003 and I’ve never had a land line

I've had a cell since 95. My same number since 2002 which was also the last year I had a landline. No idea how many phones I've been through... probably around 10 or so.

I also remember in the late 90s paying like $30 for like 120 minutes and, if I remember right (it was so long ago), you had to pay per minute for long distance. And, then there was the roaming fees. Things have changed.

I believe all the plans in the mid 90s were pay per minute. I'm not sure though.

Last edited:
I've had my current cellphone number since 2004 (sophomore year of college)

My college house had a landline but I moved out of their in 2008 and haven't had a landline since.

I think I've had around 7-8 cell phones on this number

Had the same number since 97, lost count of how many phones I've had. Haven't had a land-line in 17 years or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back