How is the WWE worth only 1.4b market cap?

Haha thats funny TS because That's insanely low compared to the 4b price tag that the UFC sold for.

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistenly get a million views. The WWE network is making bank.

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion for unqualifiedbasement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots

*be like the cool kids

Yeah their revenue and gross profit seem similar in recent years, IMO ufc was way overvalued. Not sure I would consider WWE a buy either.

One thing to keep in mind is that WWE has more or less peaked in popularity, and has really broken into all the markets it is going to.

There is potential for UFC to grow much larger.

MeekWhisperedBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

best-thing-ever.jpg.gif

The UFC likely has a higher profit margin and far more equity built into the company since so little goes into actually paying the fighters... Duh.

WME/IMG made the worst investment of the year.

Forgive my noobness, but there's an essential point being missed here in valuation, that the UFC is a mainstream commodity as a sport. WWE is simply a huge nerd niche made up of disparate groups that ad men's clients don't want. It really doesn't matter how much more popular WWE is (substantially) because the inside has no tolerance for the product.

Case in point: TV rights. The UFC does incredibly weak for TUF, a failing wrestling promotion's B-show on Spike TV got cancelled (with higher ratings) at the time the UFC did the first Fox deal. The UFC promotes shows in arenas once a decade that the WWE runs five plus times a year and can easily sell them out with their developmental (non-TV) talents (even overseas they can put up huge numbers). On days with a 3 hour live TV show they'll run another live show in a different city just to sell ticks and merch. Even on PPV days they would do this, even with their developmental crews.

So how are they worth less? No one wants them. The WWE tried to leave NBC Universal television and bid themselves up about two years ago and hilariously failed. They had no takers and settled for a measly $200 million a year for 250 near automatic prime-time cable victory hours a year. The only thing they can do (and are doing) is to go global and try to break Japan, the UK, and Mexico's established promotions into dust like they did in the 80's to the NWA territories.

If the UFC hated Fox, Newsmedia could only beg the UFC to come back but would have Disney (whose ESPN is failing) and NBC (whose USA and piddling Sports Networks would die for) and not to mention lonely Viacom (Spike).

That's insanely low compared to the 4b price tag that the UFC sold for.

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistently get a million views. The WWE network is making bank. Kids love their apparel and toy figures merchandise. They have the WWE studios and Total Divas. They are quite diversified compared to the UFC.

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion from unqualified basement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.
Unlike the UFC, the WWE has an insane overhead for their live touring. Their ratings are down, their live attendance is down and their future talent isn't looking that bright.

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistently get a million views. The WWE network is making bank. Kids love their apparel and toy figures merchandise. They have the WWE studios and Total Divas. They are quite diversified compared to the UFC.

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion from unqualified basement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.

UFC was not bought for 4 billion because they think it's worth 4 billion. It was bought for that price tag based on potential and growth. The new owners plan on growing the business. WWE does not have the UFC's upside. The sky is the ceiling for MMA.

They don't pretend to be real, and surprisingly have less wierdos.
This is another problem that WWE has, perception. It has been widely known since the 30's that wrestling is fake, and non-controversially so. There exists no one, even five year old children dying of brain cancer, that believes otherwise in the audience. Even more perverse is the insinuation that wrestling pretends to be real (even though it flamboyantly doesn't) and that is somehow a knock in the minds of people who hate the business. I can't fathom this mindset I see here, but let's think about this.

If Game of Thrones didn't pretend to be real then Emilia would take off her wig after her line and instead of CGI boobs we'd be looking at her wearing a blue latex outfit. Instead of a CGI dragon the actors would be cowering before little blue balls on sticks. But that would be nonsense.

If you think wrestling pretends to be real then explain a worked shoot. Outside of the last scene of Cop Rock I can't think of one in the history of television.

Because Vince McMahon is an out of touch clown and doesn't have a god damn clue as to what entertainment is anymore.

WWE programming reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide in 25 languages. The WWE Network is available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.

http://corporate.wwe.com/who-we-are/company-overview
http://corporate.wwe.com/who-we-are/company-overview
They also currently have spots on ESPN

View attachment 182393

And this video shows exactly why they are worth so little. Who's going to watch this and then be interested in watching the WWE? It's almost like they are saying "Hi, remember pro wrestling? Well we are more lame then ever!"

Per Dave Meltzer

UFC $157 million in profit
WWE $24 Million in profit and ufc had wayyyyy less events.

Social Media numbers are Fake as their product. A random midcarder should not have a million plus followers. Obviously the numbers are cooked.

WWE network is not a real network first and foremost. Do your local provider carry the bitch?

Wwe average 5000 fans per show lol. Or Lel

Conor made more than half of the wwe roster combined in 2015. Just imagine 2016 numbers.

WME is never going to make that $4b back.

I think maybe just cause wwe has been around a while and is an established publicly traded product, and some might consider to have peaked and be on a relative decline. UFC has been on the rise for the past few years and maybe the investors don't think it's peaked yet.

Per Dave Meltzer

UFC $157 million in profit
WWE $24 Million in profit and ufc had wayyyyy less events.

Social Media numbers are Fake as their product. A random midcarder should not have a million plus followers. Obviously the numbers are cooked.

WWE network is not a real network first and foremost. Do your local provider carry the bitch?

Wwe average 5000 fans per show lol. Or Lel

Conor made more than half of the wwe roster combined in 2015. Just imagine 2016 numbers.
I don't wish to criticize but did you not read my posts all of which laugh at these assertions, even the profit that year was due to massive restructuring and will be much higher this year. Most bizarrely you focus on fighter pay even though WWE has seven part timers (most working no more than a day a season) making millions a year.

On the 5,000 point from Dec 3-6 WWE ran twelve live events this year. I believe one was a TV taping twofer but still thats 55,000 paid (WWE also moves merchandise to their fans, CM Punk had clocks) over four days. Its not like this was a hot period either, this was WWE's off-season where all the stars (only 4/10 of their biggest paid made any of the shows) have vacations. Not only that they ran many shows in both Mexico and Australia during this period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back