How is the WWE worth only 1.4b market cap?

usa_today_9689601.0.jpeg

How much does WWE pay its roster compared to the UFC? Revenue and profit are two different things. I work in real estate and have friends & Colleagues who generate double what I do in revenue but after expenses we keep the same amount of income.
You shouldn't just focus on roster pay, as WWE makes far more shows than the UFC and the cost of putting on those shows are expensive.

Profit for WWE was around 30 mil i believe and the UFC's was around 150 mil at nearly the same amount of revenue.

I still think the UFC was overvalued though.

Because WWE is simply a long running TV show with very high outgoings

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion from unqualified basement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.

If a company is worth 1 billion dollars, that doesn't mean the company will sell for 1 billion dollars.

The sale of a business takes into account profits/growth over a 5-10 year period.

It would be stupid for a business owner to sell a business for the same amount of money he would make in 5 years. There has to be incentive to sell it.

UFC was a growing "sport" and had a large following in the male 20-40 bracket which is hard to reach and has good money to waste on shit.

I see value long term as a sport, but the mroe they move it towards "Keeping up with the McGregors" they less value it will hold.

Men are passionate about sport and there is no shame in showing it, BUT being passionate about fairly tales like WWE and the new UFC is just embarrasing.

Add to that the low bond yields at the moment, equities at an all time high, gotta put that momey somewhere cause it aint going to do anything if you aren't investing in risky assets.

Personally the numbers I saw had the UFC owners earning about 4% on their current investment, which is low for a risky investment BUT it has ample growth opportunity. Dow JOnes PE is at 26 right now and the UFC is in line with that.

As to why the WWE is worth so little, dunno but it was surprising to me ESP when people talk about the the CM Punk and Brock etc being such draw cards. I presumed WWE wsad massive in the states but all I know is in Australia basically no one follows it, let alone pays for such.

Last edited:
UFC is Global. UFC is also crossing over to mainstream sport television. You'll never hear WWE hit ESPN.

Lower revenue split to fighters.....higher merchandising split to wrestlers.....

The two business are ran entirely different... Maybe thats why?

{<hhh]

It's not Coca Cola Vs. Pepsi, more like McDonalds Vs. Wal-Mart.

UFC is Global. UFC is also crossing over to mainstream sport television. You'll never hear WWE hit ESPN.
Sportscenter has announced the big winners of wrestlemania the past few years, also had wrestlers appear on the morning talk shows often. Goldberg was all over espn a few weeks ago actually

That's insanely low compared to the 4b price tag that the UFC sold for.

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistently get a million views. The WWE network is making bank. Kids love their apparel and toy figures merchandise. They have the WWE studios and Total Divas. They are quite diversified compared to the UFC.

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion from unqualified basement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.
It's 2016 and they call their female athletes "divas".

That's insanely low compared to the 4b price tag that the UFC sold for.

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistently get a million views. The WWE network is making bank. Kids love their apparel and toy figures merchandise. They have the WWE studios and Total Divas. They are quite diversified compared to the UFC.

WWE has peaked and suffered a bit of a decline so the price would be more "realistic", where the UFC has grown at a stellar pace and still has a lot of room. So the 4B is not what its currently worth, its a premium based on what they expect it can grow.

Why do some people quote the first thread over and over sometimes? See this once in a while and don't know why? I special.

WWE programming reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide in 25 languages. The WWE Network is available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.

http://corporate.wwe.com/who-we-are/company-overview

They also currently have spots on ESPN

upload_2016-12-26_23-18-47.png

ESPN regularly reports on them now. They have a section on their website now as if they were a real sport.

You guys have it all wrong.

UFC sold for 4 billion dollars worth of reebok gear.

Back