How is the WWE worth only 1.4b market cap?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's insanely low compared to the 4b price tag that the UFC sold for.

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistently get a million views. The WWE network is making bank. Kids love their apparel and toy figures merchandise. They have the WWE studios and Total Divas. They are quite diversified compared to the UFC.

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion from unqualified basement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.

Haha thats funny TS because That's insanely low compared to the 4b price tag that the UFC sold for.

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistenly get a million views. The WWE network is making bank.

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion for unqualifiedbasement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.

Haha thats funny TS because That's insanely low compared to the 4b price tag that the UFC sold for.

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistenly get a million views. The WWE network is making bank.

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion for unqualifiedbasement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.

- Kenny Florian

MeekWhisperedBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

WWE is much more widespread. They have a much larger fan base. Their youtube videos consistently get a million views. The WWE network is making bank. Kids love their apparel and toy figures merchandise. They have the WWE studios and Total Divas. They are quite diversified compared to the UFC.

How did the UFC sell for 4b? Can someone with actual credentialed business experience weight their opinion on this. I don't want to hear opinion from unqualified basement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.

Sounds like you've made up your mind that the 4b was bullshit and aren't going to hear any legitimate explanations (though they are there and in plain sight)

US$ 658.8 million of revenue (2015). I'm sure it's worth more than that.

I don't want to hear opinion from unqualified basement dwellers who gives an opinion on which they know nothing about. Most of you are idiots.

I'm sure the guy with the encyclopedic knowledge of the WWE asking for business information in an MMA forum is the exception though.

Besides what has already been brought up, WWE has been around since the 60s in one form or another. They have been doing great for a very long time and are an established brand. While they've introduced their own network and are a global company, they have also more or less reached their peak in terms of popularity. Their ratings are about a third what they were fifteen year s ago. They abandoned PPVs in favor of strictly a subscription based network. They've peaked out, so to speak.

UFC is almost generating the same revenue, but they've been around less than half the time. They have a much higher ceiling as far as untapped markets and overall potential. They've been doing better ratings and buy rates for years and don't have the stigma of being fake or for kids only. They will continue to grow. Valuation is a lot like the stock market; it's an assumption of what a company will be worth in the future. It is a gamble, but UFC has way more potential and upside right now.

Because WWE is fake and gay???

The UFC may have a much larger profit margin than the WWE

Oh god. The misc discovered sherdog

US$ 658.8 million of revenue (2015). I'm sure it's worth more than that.
How much does WWE pay its roster compared to the UFC? Revenue and profit are two different things. I work in real estate and have friends & Colleagues who generate double what I do in revenue but after expenses we keep the same amount of income.

WWEs ratings have been falling fast in the last 10 years. In the next 10 years it may fall even more. That's probably why. 4.2 billion was over paying for the UFC. Plain and simple. 1.4 billion is more like the real value of WWE. I'd say around that price is the real value of ufc too. Around 2 billion. Not anywhere near 4 billion.

How many ppl do you know have purchased a WWE ppv in the past year?

I'LL WAIT
<24>

Back