How Impressed Were You By Poirier/Medeiros?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Looking back at that fight, that's gotta be one of the more beautiful sequences in a UFC fight this year. Dustin completely dismantled him in such a short time span. Dropped him twice, took him down, hurt him again with a body kick then finished him off with a combination from hell. Medeiros is no slouch either.

That was really impressive. Dustin mentally and physically benefited from a move back to lightweight.

I expected some back and forth in that fight and really didn't see Madeiros getting stopped that early. I like both fighters a lot, but it was great stuff from Poirier. For far seems a good idea for his move up to 155.

Islanders love to bang, and often get caught up in it. Poirier has looked masterful at LW. Weightctting was ruining him.

Poirier looked better than ever in that fight. Beautiful sequence, as you said. Anyone that thinks Duffy is going to have an easy time with Poirier is sorely mistaken. Medeiros also impressed me with his heart and durability, but he got outclassed.

Not nearly as impressed as everyone seems to be. Who the hell is Yancy Medeiros? Poirier is and always has been a decent fighter but he has farrrr too poor a chin to become a contender (especially at LW) imo and wins over 2 cans does very little to change my mind

Not nearly as impressed as everyone seems to be. Who the hell is Yancy Medeiros? Poirier is and always has been a decent fighter but he has farrrr too poor a chin to become a contender (especially at LW) imo and wins over 2 cans does very little to change my mind
CDF and Medeiros are not cans. They're not top of the diviison, but that doesn't make them cans. Also, Poirier has only been TKO'd once, so I'm yet to see evidence of his "poor chin".

CDF and Medeiros are not cans. They're not top of the diviison, but that doesn't make them cans. Also, Poirier has only been TKO'd once, so I'm yet to see evidence of his "poor chin".

lol relying on fight finder I see? Despite only being TKO'd once, Poirer has been rocked in multiple fights by weak strikes. In fact, he got absolutely staggered against Akira Corassani; a grappler who has a whopping 1 TKO win on his record. I have absolutely zero confidence that his chin will hold up against the divisional elite because the guy eats far too many shots

And you're really splitting hairs on the definition of cans. Guys outside the top 30 = not a win that inspires much confidence. Happy?

Don't be silly.
Yancy is at the very least, a solid striker with good durability.
some people were even picking him to win.
I don't believe he's ever been finished by strikes before that fight.
& literally only conor knocked has knocked out poirier.
& thats after facing the brackets best for 3 or so years.

He is tested & proven.
Ot: I was incredibly impressed with his recognition
& utilization of distance against a taller, lanky fighter.
you could tell that he is fixing his holes. Conor is
proving himself to possibly be a great. Poirier faced
him at his hungriest. Some fighters fold under the
pressure of their shortcomings in those moments.
others use it to become greater. Seems like poirier is
doing the latter. & it's good to see because I like finishers.
especially in a division with a dudes coasting decisions

That was really impressive. Dustin mentally and physically benefited from a move back to lightweight.

That's certainly what it seems like. And yes what a beautiful performance no doubt, I didn't expect it to go down like that.

lol relying on fight finder I see? Despite only being TKO'd once, Poirer has been rocked in multiple fights by weak strikes. In fact, he got absolutely staggered against Akira Corassani; a grappler who has a whopping 1 TKO win on his record. I have absolutely zero confidence that his chin will hold up against the divisional elite because the guy eats far too many shots

And you're really splitting hairs on the definition of cans. Guys outside the top 30 = not a win that inspires much confidence. Happy?
So if he beats Duffy, that will just be another can on his record, I guess.

Didn't use Fight-Finder, fam, I'm just that good. He has been hurt before a few times, but that doesn't mean he has a poor chin. Hunto has one of the best chins in MMA, yet he's been knocked out several times.

I kind of wish Duffy would have been matched against someone other than Dustin. But still looking forward to it.

Didn't use Fight-Finder, fam, I'm just that good. He has been hurt before a few times, but that doesn't mean he has a poor chin. Hunto has one of the best chins in MMA, yet he's been knocked out several times.

Terrible comparison. Hunt has proven he has a great chin by eating insane shots from massive heavy hitters and shaking them off like nothing. Poirer has been rocked the few times he has been hit and by very poor opponents not known for their power. I have nothing against the guy and wish him the best; I just won't be surprised when he gets ko'd when his level of competition at 155 increases while many people will be

Lol.

Kevin Lee, Jason Moontasri, Michel Prazeres and Mairbek Taisumov beat him within 2 rounds.

Lol.

Kevin Lee, Jason Moontasri, Michel Prazeres and Mairbek Taisumov beat him within 2 rounds.

I see Lee getting wobbled & dropped.
Moonwalker would get out grappled (though I like him)
& prazeres would get out worked in a decision & possible KO.

Taisumov isn't a safe bet. He's well rounded & has found
his stride it seems

Terrible comparison. Hunt has proven he has a great chin by eating insane shots from massive heavy hitters and shaking them off like nothing. Poirer has been rocked the few times he has been hit and by very poor opponents not known for their power. I have nothing against the guy and wish him the best; I just won't be surprised when he gets ko'd when his level of competition at 155 increases while many people will be
Forgive the comparison, it's the first that came to mind. I know Poirier doesn't have a steel chin, I just thought you under-rated it. I'm just hoping he doesn't get KO'd as you say, lol

Back