How good is Anderson Silva today? How he should be ranked?

Andersen Silver is the greatest. He does GOAT all the time. He lost to the Chris but two times wierdman, very wierd things doing witht the fight. The Chris is not tested yet, hes very lucky. Silver in prime beats the Chris. Silver is GOAT. Other Championships say that as well, that Silver did it, the GOAT.

lol

So Machida couldn't school Phil Davis in the stand-up, but he would school Anderson? I hate these new fans, I really do.

You're a terrible poster, like others have noted. Davis presents an entirely different skillet, #1. #2 his performance in one fight doesn't dictate another. #3 those of us with brains know Machida handled him.

I'm a huge Anderson Silva fan, but he probably shouldn't be currently ranked as #1 (I think I saw that during this weekends fights) since he's going to be out for a year or so.

I'm less worried about the leg break and rehab than I am about the apparent fade in chin quality. Both times that Weidman dropped him the shots didn't look very hard - especially in the 2nd fight. The shot that nearly ended him before the leg break looked like it might have been 30-40% power.

Once the chin fades you are definitely headed down the Chuck Liddell path. I'd prefer he doesn't come back, but if he does I hope he can get a few easy wins and then retire (ala Fedor).

Beats weidman in rematch

You mean a re rematch? He got destroyed, dropped standing and then broke his leg in the rematch. This is after getting KTFO the first time.

You're a terrible poster, like others have noted. Davis presents an entirely different skillet, #1. #2 his performance in one fight doesn't dictate another. #3 those of us with brains know Machida handled him.

Lmao, it was almost entirely a stand-up fight, and Machida couldn't hurt him. You're an absolute joke. Go back to WWE.

I don't think he beats Machida, Jacare, Gegard, Weidman(obviously) Shougn, Evans.. Vitor 50/50

Still beats the mediocre fighters like Sonnen, Bisping, Munoz.

Champion : Chris Weidman
1 Anderson Silva
2 Vitor Belfort
3 Lyoto Machida
4 Jacare Souza
5 Luke Rockhold
6 Tim Kennedy
7 Mark Munoz
8 Michael Bisping
9 Francis Carmont
10 Costas Philippou
11 Gegard Mousasi
12 Yoel Romero
13 Tim Boetsch
14 Thales Leites
15 Brad Tavares

Seems about right.

I don't think he beats Machida, Jacare, Gegard, Weidman(obviously) Shougn, Evans.. Vitor 50/50

Still beats the mediocre fighters like Sonnen, Bisping, Munoz.

Shogun and Evans don't fight at MW.

He already knocked Vitor the fuck out.

How does Gegard beat him? Or Jacare? :icon_lol:

Stop posting, idonotbelieveit.

Because Machida stuffed his takedowns.

Whereas Anderson was knocked out cold by a wrestler with 10 fights.

At the age of 38 with a shitload more fight mileage :icon_lol:

It must suck that Machida will never touch Anderson's legacy.

Impossible to know until we see how much his leg is worth.

Anderson v Sonnen
Sonnen

Seriously?

Sonnen was finished both times vs Anderson, even having ALL the advantages in the world in the first fight as well as putting on the performance of his life, and STILL got finished.

And you'd pick him in a 3rd fight?

Get right on the fuck out of here.

So Machida couldn't school Phil Davis in the stand-up, but he would school Anderson? I hate these new fans, I really do.

tumblr_mlosveFcUm1qkk3xyo1_250.jpg

You really think Silva has a shitload more fight mileage at age 39?

He's been fighting for over a decade and trained at Chute Boxe. The training is worse for the fighters than the fights. You fight 30 times in your life. You train every day. Training hundreds of times at Chute Boxe is seriously detrimental to your longevity.

At the age of 38 with a shitload more fight mileage :icon_lol:

It must suck that Machida will never touch Anderson's legacy.

Almost the same age as Machida and a similar number of fights.

I don't live vicariously through fighters. Silly comment and obsession you have. Must suck knowing Andy is irrelevant and reduced to fighting welterweights.

ya, silver is old but he is GOAT. No one will ever achieve the things he did. He Did GOAT. Same as GPS, or Feders. They GOAT too. Silver needs to quit and enjoy live with wife and kids. He achieved everything when he was in prime. Same as Feders. Everyone excited when Feders was fighting. It was a great show and sport. He s very humble amd fat but still beat other fighters.

Silver GOAT, GPS GOAT, Feders GOAT. Who else does GOAT?

Silva has 39 fights, Lyoto has 25.
Silva also trained at Chute Boxe, a gym notorious for their hardcore training and sparring sessions.
On top of that Silva started his career in '97 and Lyoto started his in 2003.

Back