How good is Anderson Silva today? How he should be ranked?

You don't drop from the rankings after legitimately losing one fight(especially one that was that weird) when you dominated the division for 7 straight years.

'Legitimately' - I don't think you know what that means.

Weidman 'legitimately' beat Anderson twice and thus giving him a losing streak of 2 fights. What he did years ago shouldn't override someone like Machida who's actually on a winning streak and he's fighting for the title next while Anderson is out recovering and doesn't even have a fight scheduled.

Two fight losing streak? Ugh...go sit in the corner!

How about you go sit in a corner since you're finding it all too difficult to come to terms with it?

Weidman 'legitimately' beat Anderson twice and thus giving him a losing streak of 2 fights. What he did years ago shouldn't override someone like Machida who's actually on a winning streak and his fighting for the title next while Anderson is out recovering and doesn't even have a fight scheduled.

Sorry but I only seen one real, legitimate loss and even that one was weird. Rankings are based on a lot of things but they are not based on who is fighting for the title next or who has a fight scheduled. Who ever told you that? Rankings are about more than your last 2 fights. Its based heavily on your track record which can extend several fights back. Don't believe me? Just pull up some rankings...chances are you will see Anderson at #2.

I think Weidman beats him, Machida and Vitor fights are too hard to call, and he beats everyone else. So anywhere from #2-#4.

Edit: This is assuming he can recover well from his injury.

Sorry but I only seen one real, legitimate loss and even that one was weird.

Don't apologise. When you're so bent on doing everything to diminish the losses of your favourite fighter it's normal you don't 'see' alot of things.

Don't apologise. When you're so bent on doing everything to diminish the losses of your favourite fighter it's normal you don't 'see' alot of things.

How bleak it must be to dislike a fighter so much that you have to hold on to a random leg break as a real loss. *shrugs* To each is own I suppose.

Sorry but I only seen one real, legitimate loss and even that one was weird. Rankings are based on a lot of things but they are not based on who is fighting for the title next or who has a fight scheduled. Who ever told you that? Rankings are about more than your last 2 fights. Its based heavily on your track record which can extend several fights back. Don't believe me? Just pull up some rankings...chances are you will see Anderson at #2.

I agree with you, but he should still be ranked a little lower.

How bleak it must be to like a fighter so much that you have to hold on to anything possible for a perfect and legitimate win not to be a real win. *shrugs* To each is own I suppose.

Fyp

It's surreal seeing a thread questioning Anderson Silva's ability. I mean, you know the day will come like it does with all athletes. It's just.... weird to see.

How bleak it must be to dislike a fighter so much that you have to hold on to a random leg break as a real loss. *shrugs* To each is own I suppose.

Oh ffs, this again. CK... just accept it. The check is to discontinue the kicking from the opponent. Of course more often than not you expect to only hurt/bruise the shin. But you could assume if someone keeps kicking and you keep checking it... it's no different than kicking someone's leg and they don't check it.... or counter-punching a guy who keeps throwing a jab. Sometimes you only need a single counter-punch and you win. Weidman needed two/three checks. It worked gangbusters and broke the leg. It was legitimate. Stop being such a big baby.

Weidman 'legitimately' beat Anderson twice and thus giving him a losing streak of 2 fights. What he did years ago shouldn't override someone like Machida who's actually on a winning streak and he's fighting for the title next while Anderson is out recovering and doesn't even have a fight scheduled.

How about you go sit in a corner since you're finding it all too difficult to come to terms with it?

Legitimately beat him twice? Lord...INTO THE CORNER WITH YOU!

Weaksauce. I win.

That's the point. Was taking the piss out of you.

You win though.

hqdefault.jpg

I think Anderson Silva is still probably an elite fighter, but the truth is it's hard to say right now because Anderson and Weidman both have two fights against eachother recently and no one else. Once we see Weidman fight again we can better gauge where he is at, and when Anderson comes back we will see where he is at.

Either way, Anderson lost to Weidman. Two times. Legitimately. He got caught goofing off in the first fight and was brutally finished. In the second fight, I think it was a combination of perfect technique and timing on Weidman's part, and a lack of proper technique or execution on Silva's part, that caused the very rare "freak injury" leg break to happen.

Oh ffs, this again. CK... just accept it. The check is to discontinue the kicking from the opponent. Of course more often than not you expect to only hurt/bruise the shin. But you could assume if someone keeps kicking and you keep checking it... it's no different than kicking someone's leg and they don't check it.... or counter-punching a guy who keeps throwing a jab. Sometimes you only need a single counter-punch and you win. Weidman needed two/three checks. It worked gangbusters and broke the leg. It was legitimate. Stop being such a big baby.

Sorry man but that was a regular check that led to a random break. Score it a W for Weidman but to reference it as a real victory/defeat for someone is pretty weak. Tis what it tis.

Back