How good is Anderson Silva today? How he should be ranked?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think its really difficult to say right now. He lost two times on a row, but both were against the same opponent and many people think there are a lot of question marks about how good Weidman really is and how Weidman compares to the rest of the division. There are also questions relating his leginjury and being KO`d at such a high age.

How high you guys think Anderson should be ranked right now at MW and which fighter in each of these match ups you would see as the favourite? (lets say the fight happens in early 2015):

Anderson vs Bisping

Anderson vs Kennedy

Anderson vs Rockhold

Anderson vs Jacare

Anderson vs Mousasi

Anderson vs Machida

Anderson vs Vitor

Anderson vs Sonnen

Anderson vs Weidman

Silva-vs-Bonnar-knee-ko-2.gif

sonnen-whoops.gif

I want to see Silva/Belfort 2. Anderson shouldn't be in the top 5 at MW.

I think its really difficult to say right now. He lost two times on a row, but both were against the same opponent and many people think there are a lot of question marks about how good Weidman really is and how Weidman compares to the rest of the division. There are also questions relating his leginjury and being KO`d at such a high age.

How high you guys think Anderson should be ranked right now at MW and which fighter in each of these match ups you would see as the favourite? (lets say the fight happens in early 2015):

Anderson vs Bisping

Anderson vs Kennedy

Anderson vs Rockhold

Anderson vs Jacare

Anderson vs Mousasi

Anderson vs Machida

Anderson vs Vitor

Anderson vs Sonnen

Anderson vs Weidman

sonnen-whoops.gif

Anderson v Bisping
I've said Bisping recently but I suppose Anderson

Anderson v Kennedy
Anderson

Anderson v Rockhold
Anderson

Anderson v Jacare
Anderson

Anderson v Mousasi
Anderson

Anderson v Machida
Machida

Anderson v Vitor
Anderson

Anderson v Sonnen
Sonnen

Anderson v Weidman
Weidman

I'd put Anderson at like #8 or something? I dunno, he needs a tune-up fight to prove his skills again.

It really depends on how much he's lost while he's been out. He's old and didn't look amazing in the last year he fought. PArt of it was because Weidman was better but logically it would make sense if his skillset has decreased over the past 2 years.

Unknown. I'd say washed up. Been dropped or KOd multiple times in the last few years. Is 39 years old. On a 2 fight losing streak and just snapped his leg in half. So taking his long career, his age, his horrible leg break, his time off to recover as best as possible and the rehab after I think it's safe to say he's done. Should have stayed retired. He's now risking ending up on the Chuck Wanderlei road as far as legacy goes when he should be on the GSP Fedor one.

There's no way to know, but we know he's not better at Weidman.

Anderson vs Bisping

Anderson vs Kennedy

Anderson vs Rockhold

Anderson vs Jacare

Anderson vs Mousasi

Anderson vs Machida

Anderson vs Vitor

Anderson vs Sonnen

Anderson vs Weidman

sonnen-whoops.gif

Still greatest of all time, Weidman is untested, I need to see him win a fight without something ridiculous happening.

Whatever spot in the rankings makes the most money for the UFC.

Realistically he's prob anywhere from #2-5. He could potentially lose to Lyoto, Vitor

Andersen Silver is the greatest. He does GOAT all the time. He lost to the Chris but two times wierdman, very wierd things doing witht the fight. The Chris is not tested yet, hes very lucky. Silver in prime beats the Chris. Silver is GOAT. Other Championships say that as well, that Silver did it, the GOAT.

No reason to think he still doesn't beat everyone else in the division. Weidman beat him fair and square twice but if he's still the same Anderson then why wouldn't he be favoured against the rest?

People forget so quickly that Anderson is a great fighter, one of the greatest. You wouldn't see Weidman dismissing his two big wins. In fact, Weidman's credibility is soley from what he did to one of the best fighters ever.

We have no idea what Anderson will look like when he returns. It's hard to take him out of the top ten. Even being older and coming a major injury and surgery I would still have as a fovorite in most those fights listed.

Back