How good is Anderson Silva today? How he should be ranked?

Anyways, we can't tell how good he is today, maybe he still is top 5, but maybe has father time catched up with him.

Time will tell.

Almost the same age as Machida and a similar number of fights.

I don't live vicariously through fighters. Silly comment and obsession you have. Must suck knowing Andy is irrelevant and reduced to fighting welterweights.

Machida - 25 fights
Anderson - 39 fights

Wow, what a similar number bro. Just stop.

Oh and btw, Machida fought LW BJ Penn.

He would have a tough time with Jacare, Machida, Mousasi and Belfort.

I can see him beating the other dudes in the division.

Impossible to say before we've seen him fight someone other than Weidman. Overall I'd favour him before any other fighter not named Weidman.

Silva has 39 fights, Lyoto has 25.
Silva also trained at Chute Boxe, a gym notorious for their hardcore training and sparring sessions.
On top of that Silva started his career in '97 and Lyoto started his in 2003.

Silva competition was poor all throughout his career, but especially so in the beginning, and he still lost three or four times. Machida fought and beat Franklin in only his third fight and never lost to a Chonan.

Silva competition was poor all throughout his career, but especially so in the beginning, and he still lost three or four times. Machida fought and beat Franklin in only his third fight and never lost to a Chonan.

Yeah, Sakurai is such poor competition right?

If the list was illustrious, you'd rattle of a list instead of a single name.

Newton, Kato, Steibling, Murray were all top 10. Jeremy Horn was no can either.

Also, do you know who Sakurai is and what he has accomplished? please be honest.

Unknown. I'd say washed up. Been dropped or KOd multiple times in the last few years. Is 39 years old. On a 2 fight losing streak and just snapped his leg in half. So taking his long career, his age, his horrible leg break, his time off to recover as best as possible and the rehab after I think it's safe to say he's done. Should have stayed retired. He's now risking ending up on the Chuck Wanderlei road as far as legacy goes when he should be on the GSP Fedor one.

I agree with gsp but lets not pretend fedor had a beautiful sucessful end of his career, still a goat though

He should be number 3 behind machida and vitor.

I think machida and vitor beat him right now.

I think silva should be the favorite against jacare, kennedy, and sonnen, but I would not be at all suprised if they beat him.

Anybody else he should handle convincingly, except the champion of course.

Newton, Kato, Steibling, Murray were all top 10. Jeremy Horn was no can either.

The fact that you filled a list with Kato, Steibling, and Murray proves my point. You should have stuck with Horn and your post wouldve been less laughable.

The fact that you filled a list with Kato, Steibling, and Murray proves my point. You should have stuck with Horn and your post wouldve been less laughable.

Murray was a great talent that had his career cut short because he decided to rob a bank

Get off wikipedia please.

I agree with gsp but lets not pretend fedor had a beautiful sucessful end of his career, still a goat though

Fedor got to retire with 3 more wins and a KO in Russia. I'd be really happy to see Anderson retire off of any win, I don't even care if he has to retire off of a win off of a ranked 15-20 fighter.

Kato was 13-2 who basically only lost to Sakurai(his other loss was in his 3rd fight and he avenged that 6 fights later) and he was a top 10 welterweight. Stiebling(i made a typo and if you knew who he was you wouldn't have typed Steibling) was a top 10 middleweight and he had a 12-1-2 record before fighting Anderson. and Murray was 8-1-1(1), had a knockout win over Pele, was 1-0 in the UFC(had beaten Rivera, who was a very solid win back then) and was also considered a top 10 fighter. He could have head a solid career in MMA if he didn't get arrested for pulling the biggest robberies in UK history.

Back