Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - Bad

• 2 - Very Bad

• 1 - Terrible

• Total voters

Given DDL's obsession with Method Acting, that would probably entail him going to train with a mysterious order of Asian monks for at least six months. During which time he would learn martial arts, magic and build his own suit of powered armour...

Fuck, yes! Make it happen Feige!:D

Given DDL's obsession with Method Acting, that would probably entail him going to train with a mysterious order of Asian monks for at least six months. During which time he would learn martial arts, magic and build his own suit of powered armour...

Fuck, yes! Make it happen Feige!:D
*reads every Doom comic ever*

Hmm… says here Victor makes a suit of armor from the skin of the love of his life. Hmm… yes yes….

“Hey, sweetheart? Can you come here for a moment?”

Is he for sure done acting?

He hasn't done a role since 2017, it's been around 5 years now. I'm leaning towards he's done, he's a man of his word. But I hope he does change his mind.

Although I wonder what keeps him occupied. I'm pretty sure he likes building things, he's very good with his hands. Maybe that's what he does.

He hasn't done a role since 2017, it's been around 5 years now. I'm leaning towards he's done, he's a man of his word. But I hope he does change his mind.

Although I wonder what keeps him occupied. I'm pretty sure he likes building things, he's very good with his hands. Maybe that's what he does.

By all accounts, he's super intense and acting takes it out of him. Left his stage career after a breakdown on stage in 1989 and hasn't done theatre stuff since - shame since he is now the age where he could be a great Lear etc.

Would be nice if he could relax a bit as he gets older and do some radio, read some poetry on youtube or a documentary series on the history of acting or whatever, but he might just prefer to live quietly.

Edit: also a shame he didn't do more popular stuff apart from his great roles. Had the perfect look for Dracula when he was younger, for instance.

By all accounts, he's super intense and acting takes it out of him. Left his stage career after a breakdown on stage in 1989 and hasn't done theatre stuff since - shame since he is now the age where he could be a great Lear etc.

Would be nice if he could relax a bit as he gets older and do some radio, read some poetry on youtube or a documentary series on the history of acting or whatever, but he might just prefer to live quietly.

Edit: also a shame he didn't do more popular stuff apart from his great roles. Had the perfect look for Dracula when he was younger, for instance.

His Lear would be out of this world.

And I agree I think he loves living a very quiet life, without all the glitz and the glam of Hollywood.

Funny thing you mentioned Dracula, I think in interview I saw him once he joked that he had the nose to play Dracula. lol

I believe he thought he saw his father's ghost in the audience during a performance. That's when he retired from stage work.

DDL leaves it all on the field in every role he plays. While filming My Left Foot, he contorted his body so much he cracked a rib.

*reads every Doom comic ever*

Hmm… says here Victor makes a suit of armor from the skin of the love of his life. Hmm… yes yes….

“Hey, sweetheart? Can you come here for a moment?”

And arguably, that's not even the worst thing that Victor has done. There's a reason Lady Death herself regards Doctor Doom, and not Thanos, as her greatest champion:eek:

He's great in everything. I just saw one of his lesser known films the boxer and he definitely took it to heart and I bought his technique and one his lesser intense roles. He might be the goat.

That movie is awesome sir.
I seen that in the theater, and half the place walked out...dumb bastads lol.

DDL is definitely a 10/10 as an actor. The man commits all the way, and has the talent to back it up. So many fine moments in cinema from that man.

Imo the KING of kings of acting. What can I say about this guy really?

Sean Penn - "He may very well be the greatest actor ever recorded to the screen."

The guy is something else when it comes to acting. It's too bad he retired, he has still has so much to give of his talent. But I understand why he did though, so I respect that.

Voted him one of the GOATS. I've actually only seen two of his movies. The Ballad of Jack and Rose and There Will Be Blood. Maybe if he'd done more movies and I'd seen more of them, I'd rate him higher. I do recognize his greatness however. I admire his commitment to his craft.

Voted him one of the GOATS. I've actually only seen two of his movies. The Ballad of Jack and Rose and There Will Be Blood. Maybe if he'd done more movies and I'd seen more of them, I'd rate him higher. I do recognize his greatness however. I admire his commitment to his craft.

You got to see My Left Foot, The Last of the Mohicans, In the Name of the Father, The Crucible, Gangs of New York. Those are decent movies to watch.

Role for role he’s as good as anyone ever, his entire career suffered from a lack of range in roles. He can’t do comedy, for instance, and while there’s some action in his movies he’s never really made an action movie. If you need someone to inhabit a drama in a very specific time and place though, he’ll nail it every time.

I’m not sure he’s better than Robin Williams.

Role for role he’s as good as anyone ever, his entire career suffered from a lack of range in roles. He can’t do comedy, for instance, and while there’s some action in his movies he’s never really made an action movie. If you need someone to inhabit a drama in a very specific time and place though, he’ll nail it every time.

I’m not sure he’s better than Robin Williams.

The Last of the Mohicans is actually an action movie. So he's done that type of role and was very good at it.

As for comedy, if you look at his characters like Bill The Butcher and Daniel Plainview. Those characters are richly multi-layered that you can't deny they both have a dark sense of humor in those characters. I think he's proven that he can make a character funny in his roles.

Has he done a pure slapstick comedy no, but does he have to? I don't think so.

The Last of the Mohicans is actually an action movie. So he's done that type of role and was very good at it.

As for comedy, if you look at his characters like Bill The Butcher and Daniel Plainview. Those characters are richly multi-layered that you can't deny they both have a dark sense of humor in those characters. I think he's proven that he can make a character funny in his roles.

Has he done a pure slapstick comedy no, but does he have to? I don't think so.

It’s not even that he doesn’t do slapstick, he doesn’t do movies that are intended to be funny. He can impart humor into a dramatic role for sure, but I don’t think he could carry Mrs Doubtfire or even The Birdcage, which both required extreme commitment to character.

You could consider Gangs of Nee York an action movie in a sense too, but it’s through a dramatic lens. He wouldn’t make Predator or John Wick better.

It’s not even that he doesn’t do slapstick, he doesn’t do movies that are intended to be funny. He can impart humor into a dramatic role for sure, but I don’t think he could carry Mrs Doubtfire or even The Birdcage, which both required extreme commitment to character.

You could consider Gangs of Nee York an action movie in a sense too, but it’s through a dramatic lens. He wouldn’t make Predator or John Wick better.

How many people can do a Mrs. Doubtfire or The Birdcage? Robin Williams was an exceptional talent. Jim Carrey or Will Ferrell can probably pull those off.

Who knows if DDL can do a role like Mrs. Doubtfire, if he ever did, it would be indeed very intriguing. I'll be first to watch. lol Although saying he has the prototypical leading man chiseled jaw look. So I doubt they would even offer him that role, he just doesn't look the part.

As for his range I think his range is up there. I'll give him a 9/10 for range. Gary Oldman would be 10/10.

Although, this is subjective, but that's just my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back