Movies As an actor is Harrison Ford overrated, underrated or as advertised?

As an actor is Harrison Ford overrated, underrated or as advertised?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The guy just received a lifetime achievement award by the Critics Choice Association. So made me wonder what you guys think of him and his career and acting abilities.

I believe he's underrated, just because he's synonymous with major blockbuster movies. People than tend to overlook his acting skills.

He know how to emote well on screen just by subtle facial reactions. He's very good at it.

Did not like his voice over narration in Blade Runner he gets 0/10 worse than Rousey.

Ad advertised.

Does he have Alzheimer's? Or was he just not at all prepared and caught up in the emotion of it all? That award speech was painful to listen to.

He should retire now instead of destroying all of his old great roles.

He's pretty awful.

Watch his scenes where he's in pain. Like when he first wakes up from being frozen in Carbonite, or when Rutger hauer is kicking his ass in bladerunner. There's one in Temple of Doom too, I think maybe after he drank the blood.

He's terrible in all those scenes.

It's too bad Tom Selleck couldn't do Indiana Jones. I think he would've been better.

How is he rated?

He's definitely a better film star than actor, but still has an enviable list of iconic roles. Was more than serviceable in the first half of his career and chose roles well.

His reputation of not giving a shit since about 1997 is obviously deserved.

As advertised, at best. Han would have made him famous, but had Tom Selleck been able to break away from Magnum to film Indy, Ford's star would have never risen so high. Ford was absolutely perfect for the part, and Indy is what made him a superstar and opened up so many doors.

George Lucas made him a star with Indy an Han.. He's not a great actor but does good when it's his wheelhouse.. he did have a few good performances but by an large meh in talent

As advertised, at best. Han would have made him famous, but had Tom Selleck been able to break away from Magnum to film Indy, Ford's star would have never risen so high. Ford was absolutely perfect for the part, and Indy is what made him a superstar and opened up so many doors.
Both trilogies made him equally I think not just Indy.

Overrated. He isn’t much of an actor. He plays the same guy in every movie.
He is a good word sayer.

I suppose he may also be proficient at "blocking"...

He does very little of what I would consider "acting"

Almost no emotional range.
No character attributes, accents, speech patterns or anything to create a character or distinguish any of his supposed characters from any other.

No accents.
No dialects.

He is a good word sayer.

I suppose he may also be proficient at "blocking"...

He does very little of what I would consider "acting"

Almost no emotional range.
No character attributes, accents, speech patterns or anything to create a character or distinguish any of his supposed characters from any other.

No accents.
No dialects.
Yeah, I agree. He’s good at being himself on camera. That’s something.

Most of his movies I've seen many times... so Top Tier

Back