How do you punish your children for bad behavior?

justice_has_been_served_zach_galifianakis_whips_justin_beiber_with_his_belt-91816.gif

If it is bad enough, I will swat ass immediately, because you know how a dog learns what absolutely not to do? Yeah, a kid can learn the same way. I rarely spank though, I smacked my 12 year old on the shoulder really hard the other week for intentionally poking his 6 year old brother in the eye like a weirdo.. That was the first time I struck him in a couple years.

If it is bad enough, I will swat ass immediately, because you know how a dog learns what absolutely not to do? Yeah, a kid can learn the same way. I rarely spank though, I smacked my 12 year old on the shoulder really hard the other week for intentionally poking his 6 year old brother in the eye like a weirdo.. That was the first time I struck him in a couple years.

Anytime there's a thread about a social issue and I see Amerikuracana has posted last... I immediately prepare myself to not believe what I'm about to read. Then I click, let the disbelief and mild anger wash over me and hope that this account is simply a gimmick gone horribly awry.

Clicked this thread and again... was not disappointed.

With my son I first start by talking to him about what he did wrong. That is followed by push ups and sit ups until he is really gassed out. I follow that with a lot of yard work and him cleaning his room/bathroom. I also take away all his games and fun books. He never makes a mistake twice. I dont spank him because when I grew up spanking didnt bother me. I just raise my voice and put the fear of dad in him. That always scared me alot more than spanking.

He is a very well behaved and smart kid. I couldnt ask for a better kid.

by throwing acid in their face of course, is there any other suitable way?

How about shock & awe by having them go in person to look at homeless people messed up on drugs and not having stuff to eat and having dirty hands and stuff?

800px-Rattrap_and_mousetrap.JPG

Top one for Teenager, bottom one for under age under 9. Punishment once and they won't ever forget.

But in all seriousness, I believe making them do chores works for those under age 12. Cleaning their sibling rooms especially. The naughty kid will dislike it, the good kid gets rewarded in a sense that they doesn't need to clean their own room and learn in the process not to get naughty.

But I'm an Asian. We beat our kids nevertheless. It's really up to how the individual kids learn their lessons from different punishments. Some kids needs to be beaten. I personally feel that slapping/hitting is not the way, NO physical contact with my hands and their body. Caning is the way to go. Cane their legs.

I have friends that gets hit in the heads, get beaten with belts by their parents. But they turn out fine and good parent themselves. Emotional scar is overrated, those only happens if you go overboard.

EDIT:
In most Asian countries, guys have to go through military services. Trust me, it's better if your kids were beaten as a kid. Else he will think he is "dying" from being "nerdy" during those 1 or 2 years at the hands of their bunk mates. Things get tough if you are the odd one out, and he haven't been beaten before, he will go berserk.

It's always better to be well-disciplined by your own parents, than get beaten up by outsiders/thugs because you don't present yourself well outside.
Parents usually know the limit.

Last edited:
I kill them by slamming them against the floor of the shower and drowning them. But I don't have children. So the closest thing I have is sperm.

I'll make them listen to hiphop till their brain cells go kapoot & when they're old & basically non-contributing members of society, i'll tell them "you should have done your homeworks 16 years ago."

My Dad lead by example... Let me earn his respect so I'd fight to keep it. And for the times my actions weren't up to par, seeing the disappointment in him was beyond any type of physical punishment. We were taught how to succeed, given the tools, independence and most importantly... given the expectation to do so.

And if I broke those expectations or tested my parents, there would be consequences in a carrot and stick fashion, but never violence. My Father never once laid a hand on me in Anger. He never had to... He's a man I respect greatly.

Last edited:
smack to the back of the head or a judo throw

Well since you're a fat American, why don't u just try starving them?
They may lose some weight & u may gain some coinage!

In the local news, there's a military guy who might get the death penalty for repeatedly beating his daughter with the child's stepmother until she died.

Eat it or wear it! Eat it or wear it! Eat it or wear it!

LHK = Graveyard

RHK = Hospital

*Im kidding - no kids.

I don't have kids but I was babysitting my neice and nephew a couple weeks ago, ages 12 and 9. They kept fighting with each other and after getting on them a few times I made them sit on the couch and hold hands. It was seriously funny. Think about it, there's nothing worse than holding the hand of the person you hate at the moment, lol

Anytime there's a thread about a social issue and I see Amerikuracana has posted last... I immediately prepare myself to not believe what I'm about to read. Then I click, let the disbelief and mild anger wash over me and hope that this account is simply a gimmick gone horribly awry.

Clicked this thread and again... was not disappointed.

Yeah, a father who swats his kids every couple years like a father is supposed to when they do something really bad is just so far out man.. :rolleyes: That makes you angry? Are you THAT insecure :redface:

Go get life man, so you know what real life actually looks like. I really can't imagine what kind of uber-nerd you must be, but my guess is you are really skinny or really fat, white, and will not have children.based on a variety of factors.

The lady who cuts my hair just told me the other day that her dad use to make her kneel on uncooked rice in the corner for about 15 mins when she was a kid. She said he had a screw loose from Nam so it sounded like a torture tactic from there.

I usually just insult them until they start to cry. That gives me enough time to think up their punishment.

Back