How do you punish your children for bad behavior?

I'm not a parent, so take this with a grain of salt. I plan on making them run suicide sprints as a form of punishment. I don't care who you are, those things are no fun. Have them running until they puke will be the significant emotional event that they need to realize that it just wasn't worth it. Also, I find fatness to be disgusting. Won't be allowing my kids to be fat. My dad had me doing push-ups since I was in the third grade. It really paid off for me in the long run, and coupled with a healthy dose of getting in my face and scaring the crap out of me, I turned out alright.

Yeah, a father who swats his kids every couple years like a father is supposed to when they do something really bad is just so far out man.. :rolleyes: That makes you angry? Are you THAT insecure :redface:

Go get life man, so you know what real life actually looks like. I really can't imagine what kind of uber-nerd you must be, but my guess is you are really skinny or really fat, white, and will not have children.based on a variety of factors.

Two whole emoticons... A sure sign someone is not rustled. So congrats on keeping your composure. Congrats as well on being able to convince yourself that hitting your kids because you're too much of a failure as a parent to resolve things without the use of violence against a child is 'what a father is supposed to do...' That takes an extraordinary amount of either ignorance or will. Probably a little of both...

Spot on, by the way. An Uber-nerd with no life that's really skinny or fat and white? It's like you're watching me right now. Creepy...

Two whole emoticons... A sure sign someone is not rustled. So congrats on keeping your composure. Congrats as well on being able to convince yourself that hitting your kids because you're too much of a failure as a parent to resolve things without the use of violence against a child is 'what a father is supposed to do...' That takes an extraordinary amount of either ignorance or will. Probably a little of both...

Spot on, by the way. An Uber-nerd with no life that's really skinny or fat and white? It's like you're watching me right now. Creepy...

You call a spanking or a hand smack "violence against a child?" You are sick in the head. You are one of those "let's throw away everything that allowed civilization to created for humans on this planet in the garbage because pop-culture now is the way to go" people, you are ruining it. I guess you might be a female, actually.

My 14 year old will get a smack upside the head if he does something stupid.

If he talks back like a smart-ass to his mom, she smacks him across the mouth.

If he talks back to me like a smart-ass or if he does something outlandishly stupid or exhibits gross negligence, I will grip him up and tell him to use his fucking head.

My 5 year old gets smack on the ass if he's being a smart-ass, otherwise he gets a timeout if it's something like not listening, having a tantrum, etc.

You call a spanking or a hand smack "violence against a child?" You are sick in the head. You are one of those "let's throw away everything that allowed civilization to created for humans on this planet in the garbage because pop-culture now is the way to go" people, you are ruining it. I guess you might be a female, actually.

Although I disagree stongly with corporal punishment of any form to a child and feel like only parents that have utterly failed in managing their own anger and handling conlflict need to use this as an option, I am definitely able to see the difference between someone that believes a little physical punishment under the right circumstances is something that can instill a lesson that needs to be learned and a person that gloats about beating their child like a dog on a random internet sub-forum.

Your words: "I will swat ass immediately, because you know how a dog learns what absolutely not to do? Yeah, a kid can learn the same way."

But I'm sick? lol. You're an absolute disgrace. I bet you felt like a big man when you typed that out and gave yourself a little pat on the back. Guess what, Children don't hit back. I'm not surprised you got punked by that guy at the gas station and did absolutely nothing but fume about it for days on the internet. Your actions are cowardly. Between your comments on rape and treating children like animals, you're clearly a man everyone should emulate.

Last edited:
The same way I discipline anybody else, really. Tell them what their actions are causing and the resulting consequences. The thing to focus on is prevention, not punishment.

Although I disagree stongly with corporal punishment of any form to a child and feel like only parents that have utterly failed in managing their own anger and handling conlflict need to use this as an option, I am definitely able to see the difference between someone that believes a little physical punishment under the right circumstances is something that can instill a lesson that needs to be learned and a person that gloats about beating their child like a dog on a random internet sub-forum.

Your words: "I will swat ass immediately, because you know how a dog learns what absolutely not to do? Yeah, a kid can learn the same way."

But I'm sick? lol. You're an absolute disgrace. Between your comments on rape and treating children like animals, you're clearly a man everyone should emulate.

That comment sounds worse than what I intended, but the reality is children need a father in the home that they respect, it IS the way it is supposed ot be, and has always been.. And sorry, kids are not sophisticated enough to understand a lot of language nuance sometimes, if they do something bad enough, and immediate negative impact will teach them to associate the thing they did with an immediate bad repercussion. While teaching them the right things verbally, getting them to fear doing bad things the old fashioned way works sometimes. I really don't spank my kids much at all, because I don't have to, because when I'm around they listen pretty well. If I never spanked them, they probably wouldn't.. But that is what everybody is going for now, kids who don't listen, talk back, and are b*tchy and bad.. Because that is how you compete with the b*tches in the office at work.. I hear mom's on the playground basically bragging about how bad their kids are and it makes me want to vomit.

mata leon

or just use knees to the head

If I remember correctly from Pride days, Mata Leon is the Lion kill aka rear Naked choke

anyway, my wife and her mother is just as bad as my son. Whenever he acts up, their baby him too much and don't punish like they should.

My 14 year old will get a smack upside the head if he does something stupid.

If he talks back like a smart-ass to his mom, she smacks him across the mouth.

If he talks back to me like a smart-ass or if he does something outlandishly stupid or exhibits gross negligence, I will grip him up and tell him to use his fucking head.

My 5 year old gets smack on the ass if he's being a smart-ass, otherwise he gets a timeout if it's something like not listening, having a tantrum, etc.

This would be the correct answer.

Don't know the rules in this forum to describe the other soft hearted 'talk to them' type of people. In the next civil war, those will be the 1st I shoot.

This would be the correct answer.

Don't know the rules in this forum to describe the other soft hearted 'talk to them' type of people. In the next civil war, those will be the 1st I shoot.

I'm one of those people... Would you shoot me?

I'd bend you over my knee, after making you go to the willow tree to break off your own branch.

lol, I'm sure you would... :) And based on your posts ITT, I wish you luck on your future arrests and court-ordered anger management treatment.

No law says you can't push your kid down the steps for not listening. Gives them a strong balancing base also.

I don't have kids but I was spanked until I was 12 years old depending on the severity of whatever it was that I did. Never disrespected like slapped in the face or anything. Just spanked on my ass. After I was 12 I'd get grounded or have tv/internet taken away.

Lay and pray them to a 5 round decision until they get bored, let them know who's the GOAT!! Ultimate superiority!

Back