**** How do you like your steak? ****

If you order steak and get it anything past medium you might as well order a cheaper option like hamburger.

I fuckin love me some steak sauce. Hp, a1 or keg steakhouse sauce are all great. I don't get the hate.

My father has been to some pretty nice steakhouses for his profession and a few places refuse to serve steak sauce he told me. You take the steak as is and require no sauce according to the chef.

Well done, heavy on the ketchup

Medium rare but for me the char crust is almost as important.

Medium Rare. No need to kill the poor thing twice with a well done steak.

No, that just means your cooking methods are limited.

Butter, Garlic, and Fresh Herbs disagree...

5032g8.jpg

Butter and garlic is the same as putting A1 steaksauce on it. Salt and pepper bring out the taste of the steak.
Butter, garlic, A1, or kecthup all cover up the taste of the steak. They are too strong of flavors.
Think about it, you put this on a steak and say this butter tastes good on this steak.
But you never say this salt and pepper taste good on a steak.

Butter and garlic is the same as putting A1 steaksauce on it. Salt and pepper bring out the taste of the steak.
Butter, garlic, A1, or kecthup all cover up the taste of the steak. They are too strong of flavors.
Think about it, you put this on a steak and say this butter tastes good on this steak.
But you never say this salt and pepper taste good on a steak.
No, it really doesn't. It accentuates and is a background flavor. No where near the flavor impact of a steak sauce. This method of cooking steak is widely used in many high end restaurants and steak houses.

My father has been to some pretty nice steakhouses for his profession and a few places refuse to serve steak sauce he told me. You take the steak as is and require no sauce according to the chef.

Yeah there's a lot of steak snobs out there. Many of which can be found in this very thread.

I love steak as is, or with steak sauce. The sauce can accentuate the flavor of the steak and vice versa. It's not like I'd enjoy drinking a1 sauce on its own, but paired with a nice steak is fantastic.

I don't mind a bit of the following with my steak:

Butter
Garlic (or powdered)
Grilled Onions
Grilled Mushrooms
Demi-glaze

that being said, I'm usually salt and pepper.

I love steak as is, or with steak sauce. The sauce can accentuate the flavor of the steak and vice versa. It's not like I'd enjoy drinking a1 sauce on its own, but paired with a nice steak is fantastic.

If a steak tastes better with A1 then you are eating a shit steak or your taste buds have not descended yet.
:eek:

I don't mind a bit of the following with my steak:

Butter
Garlic (or powdered)
Grilled Onions
Grilled Mushrooms
Demi-glaze

that being said, I'm usually salt and pepper.

Yeah, these are all great, though I usually saute / grill the mushrooms and onions on the side. (bacon wrapped) asparagus is another good side, and then of course mashed potatoes with some green onions / chives / whatever.

Yeah, these are all great, though I usually saute / grill the mushrooms and onions on the side. (bacon wrapped) asparagus is another good side, and then of course mashed potatoes with some green onions / chives / whatever.

That's what I meant with the onions/mushrooms, I always just call them grilled.

I also have a pellet style smoker that I cook my steaks on now instead of regular gas grill or cast iron skillet/oven combo. I love it.

Fuck this thread. I always read it when I'm hungry.

I like fatty cuts over leaner ones. Don't try to convince me to cook a flank steak rare either. I just like the fatty ones, most especially rib eye.

That said, grilled rib eye medium. Lots of salt 'n pepper, hint of rosemary. All with steamed white rice because I'm Filipino or roasted potaters because I'm Filipino-American.

Rare with 90 year old scotch on the side. Anything else and you're not a real man.

Back